Any Moms in Fort Erie?

KAREN55555

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for any mothers in Fort Erie. We recently moved here and I don't know anyone. We are going to WDW on Christmas day and would love to have someone to discuss 'mommy' things with. I'd also like to be able to set up playdates. Those nasty long cold winter days are almost here and I'd like to find some other kids in the area.

Is there any one on this board from Fort Erie?:confused:

Sorry, not from Fort Erie, but am nearby in Welland. I know what it is like to be new to an area as we moved here 12 years ago and when the kids came I knew no-one. But they were the best excuse for meeting new people and I started to go out to some community sponsored play groups and I still have 4 friends from the original Baby Talk group that met with the Health Dept. each week. My boys now are 8 and 11 and would take offence to me setting up their play dates. But don't be discouraged, kids have a way of getting people together.
We also may be heading to Florida on Boxing Day, for a bit of beach time and a week at WDW. Will post again when that becomes more definite. Are you driving or flying?

Thanks for the kind words. I'll keep all that in mind. We're flying out of Buffalo Christmas morning. Have you been to WDW before? Where have you stayed? We're staying off site at the Ramada Eastgate.

What a small world ! No pun intended :) I'm in Port Colborne and we will be in WDW Jan. 1. How old are your children? Mine are 9, 7 and 4.

Karen55555 - we went last November at this time, 3-17th, spent four days at Orlando, stayed at Holiday Inn Main Gate East, thought it was great and very convenient to get to parks. We then spent a week at Daytona Beach in a very nice Mom and Pop hotel right on the beach. Then went back to Orlando for four more days at the ASMO. Had the time of our lives. I found this board invaluable to get me organized and felt that we did everything we wanted and more. My husband is between jobs right now and we had been planning to drive this time Dec 26 to Jan. 12 (flew from BUF last time) but have put our plans on hold until we get his employment straightened out. Hope to be at WDW Jan. 3 - 10. Still dreaming though. I'm going to check to see where the Ramada is and will let you know if I'm familiar with that area if it is near the HIMGE.
melindaandrob - hi to you too, neighbour. Will you be driving or flying?

Hello cdntowdw! We're flying, great (cheap) flights through SW, out of BUF of course. ;) Hope your WDW plans work out, we will be at WDW until the 15th so I hope I'll see your green ribbon! Of course now that I've written that it seems silly when we are 10 min. away LOL :p

:wave: Melinda

Hi, I'm new here, but I just moved from Fort Erie to Stevensville and we will be in Disney Dec. 1-6. I have 3 kids,8,5 and 3. These boards have been invaluable to me as well, we went 2 years ago and they helped with so much

Dlgdonut, where in Fort Erie did you live? What school did you kids go too?

I to find this board to be an invaluable tool for our WDW planning. I'm so glad that I accidently stumbled upon it.

Cdntowdw, were you able to locate the Ramada Eastgate? Did it look familair to you? I'm trying to find out as much info as I can about the hotel.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.:p

Karen55555 - It appears that Ramada Eastgate is a little further along hwy.192 east from the HIMGE. That is the opposite direction from WDW and unfortunately we had no need to go that way. It appears to be in the same general area though, maybe only 1/4 mile apart and we found it to be excellent for fast food and Old Town for an evening stroll is nearby. From our hotel we could go straight out of the parking lot in a northerly direction onto Seralago Blvd. For you, you would head toward WDW on 192 and then make a right at the light for Seralago Blvd. It goes up to Osceola Pkwy (no toll) and then you take Osceola left all the way to WDW and World Drive - it is a very short and easy drive!!

we lived on Emerick Avenue in the north end and the kids went to Our Lady of Victory but that was last year....where did you move from? Do you have boys or girls? Neat to see so many people from around the area on this board

Dlgdonut,

We live in Crescent Park. I have a 4 yrd old son who attends Garrison Rd Public School. We moved from St. Catharines.

I just love the fact that so many Canadains visit this board.

How old are your kids?:D

I have 3 girls, 8 ,5 and 3. I welcome you to the area and hope you have a great time at Disney for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter