Any Halloween on the High Seas Updates?

Mimimommy

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, we’ll be sailing on our first Disney cruise next month and I’m wondering what to expect for HOTHS? I know last year many activities were minimized due to Covid including trick or treating. I’d love some updates/advice from anyone who goes this season on what it’s like now. I believe the festivities should be starting soon on a couple of ships if I’m correct. Thanks!

We also are going on a DCL cruise soon, going on the Magic out of NYC. We have been on this same cruise three years ago and LOVED it, especially pirate night. I hope its the same experience as three years ago, glad to hear too that FE gifts will be the same process as before. Have fun!

We're on the 10/21 sailing out of NYC on the Magic! Haven't been on a HOTHS cruise since 2013 so I can't wait to get an update beforehand!

On the Halloween Wish right now. They had a pumpkin tree ceremony last night - the first night of the cruise and a meet and greet with the Sanderson sisters :) Tonight is a mouse-quarade party on Deck 11. I think that makes Day 2 the Halloween party officially. There seem to be lots of character meet ups this afternoon and evening so hopefully they will be in their Halloween costumes. Sanderson sisters as well this afternoon. I asked guest services about trick or treating and they did not know - said check back later. Confusion tends to reign on the Wish - first time doing a Halloween party so they must be working out the kinks.

On the Halloween Wish right now. They had a pumpkin tree ceremony last night - the first night of the cruise and a meet and greet with the Sanderson sisters :) Tonight is a mouse-quarade party on Deck 11. I think that makes Day 2 the Halloween party officially. There seem to be lots of character meet ups this afternoon and evening so hopefully they will be in their Halloween costumes. Sanderson sisters as well this afternoon. I asked guest services about trick or treating and they did not know - said check back later. Confusion tends to reign on the Wish - first time doing a Halloween party so they must be working out the kinks.

I’m hoping adults wear costumes!

Thanks so much for the update! I’m definitely curious to know about trick or treating? Hopefully it’s back and you all enjoyed. As I said before, we’ve never been so I really wouldn’t know what I’m missing. I just like to be prepared ahead of time but I do understand those who don’t want spoilers ☺️

Only other update so far as of 2:45 on Day 2 is they put little Halloween placards that list the food item in the buffet and Festival of foods. No Halloween music yet but it is early. No adults dressed up yet either but we will put our costumes on for character pictures and dinner tonight anyway! Will likely be raining for our mousequarade so not sure where they will move that. Sanderson sisters meet and greets this afternoon 2 and 3:30. The 2 pm was had a huge line but it moved fast and started about 10 minutes late.

Will likely be raining for our mousequarade so not sure where they will move that.
They used to do it in the atrium before the shutdown. They only started doing up on deck after the restart because they didn't want everyone crowded into the atrium. Some other atrium-based events have returned, so maybe Mousquerade will move back there, too.

Oooh excited to see everyone's experiences as I am on the Wish near the end of the month and very much looking forward to the Sanderson sisters.

will they still have a pirate night too? I'm packing something to wear for that too so I hope I'll need it!

We're flying tomorrow because we have a stay at Universal prior. Vacay here we come!

Overall it was a fun night for the Halloween party on the Wish. They had the mousequarade on Deck 11. 20 minute show featuring Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale each dancing in their costumes. We never saw any trick or treating, but did hear later there was a table by the dance stage with bags of candy you could grab. Was really hoping for more trick or treating.
There were many character meet and greets in their costumes which was great.
I wish they would have had another event like scary stories or show a Halloween movie - maybe have Nightmare before Christmas and Hocus Pocus playing in the theaters or on the stateroom TVs. A costume contest would have been nice or an adult costume party.
It was overall pretty low key, I always want more but I am a big Halloween fan. The best part was seeing the guests in costumes. I would say about 50% of the guests were wearing costumes - many quite awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter