• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

Honestly, it just helps so much to have something booked, doesn't it? We've rebooked Scotland for next Spring. It seems so so far away, but it gives me hope for a better time :(
I agree- my mood has changed dramatically knowing there’s something to look forward to now. I had a special birthday trip booked for December 2020 that was cancelled. i feel so much better 😀

I think I might book a package for late Nov, before the cruise I have booked. At least with Disney I can cancel and get my money back easily. I wanted to do a B2B cruise but am doubtful that's going to happen, they just keep pushing the start dates for cruises.

I am more hopeful about getting vaccinated given the increased shipments and indicates there will be enough for everyone by September. As long as kids can get done we'll be all set.

I think I might book a package for late Nov, before the cruise I have booked. At least with Disney I can cancel and get my money back easily. I wanted to do a B2B cruise but am doubtful that's going to happen, they just keep pushing the start dates for cruises.

I am more hopeful about getting vaccinated given the increased shipments and indicates there will be enough for everyone by September. As long as kids can get done we'll be all set.
I have the least amount of hope in cruises unfortunately. We had two booked for the next 12 months, but have chosen to take our money back :(

Well here’s hoping we are good be December .
Jet Blue just opened up Xmas and they always say that’s the cheapest time to book so we are booked. Dec 16-28 it still leaves me with a $500 travel bank. I tried to book luggage and their express seats etc but can’t use travel bank credit for any of those..
To show how uncomfortable Iam daughter and I were actually googling safest spots to sit on a plane to avoid covid while selecting seats. Sad , very sad .. and someone clearly did the same bc the seats they suggested where the only other seats booked. So we are at least sitting near ppl who are covid aware. Ha

Well here’s hoping we are good be December .
Jet Blue just opened up Xmas and they always say that’s the cheapest time to book so we are booked. Dec 16-28 it still leaves me with a $500 travel bank. I tried to book luggage and their express seats etc but can’t use travel bank credit for any of those..
To show how uncomfortable Iam daughter and I were actually googling safest spots to sit on a plane to avoid covid while selecting seats. Sad , very sad .. and someone clearly did the same bc the seats they suggested where the only other seats booked. So we are at least sitting near ppl who are covid aware. Ha

Care to share what you learned? Where is the best place to sit to avoid covid on a plane? :)

Booked December 11 - 18 at Beach Club Villas. Considering adding a few days prior to use up my BWV points, but the Friday night has been booked since I started checking. Fingers crossed. Checked out WJ flights they aren't bad, but I didn't have the confidence to book.

Booked December 11 - 18 at Beach Club Villas. Considering adding a few days prior to use up my BWV points, but the Friday night has been booked since I started checking. Fingers crossed. Checked out WJ flights they aren't bad, but I didn't have the confidence to book.

Hi Hon
You leave and then I arrive.... I know it might not happen but I booked it anyway. A girls' got to have a dream right.
No flights booked yet.
OKW Dec 18-Dec 24.:santa::santa::santa:
Hugs Mel

Now to get over my huge fear of flying with Covid out there ,,,,not sure about this.

Last edited:
Hi Hon
You leave and then I arrive.... I know it might not happen but I booked it anyway. A girls' got to have a dream right.
No flights booked yet.
View attachment 558063
Hugs Mel

Now to get over my huge fear of flying with Covid out there ,,,,not sure about this.
Hopefully all of us who want one are vaccinated by then and we won’t have to fear flying at all . Except for the actual flying part which I always fear anyway. :scared:

Hi Hon
No flights booked yet.
View attachment 558063
Hugs Mel

Mel
We will be at Riv Dec 18-26!! God willing . ( universal dec 16-18, discovery cove dec 26-28) all these credits to use up ..
I hear you on fear of flying . The nat geo article I read was fascinating and full of interesting info . Like I thought I would never pee on the plane but it recommends holding in airport and peeing on the plane bc so many people are in bathroom at same time in an airport.. that never crossed my mind . I’ll see if I can find it and share the link .

Our cruise is (hopefully) Dec 4 - 11 and I'm looking at booking something at Disney (or maybe Universal?) Dec 11 - 18. Just so I can book flights sooner than later. Disney and Universal are refundable of course, and I would probably do a package at Disney just to get the tickets included. Universal, I don't think you need to get tickets that far in advance since you don't book parks in advance?

Then if we can do the B2B cruise we can switch or if the cruise gets cancelled completely we'll switch to two weeks at Disney/Universal. Trying to be flexible... while also hopeful we'll be ok to travel by December. Course I thought we'd be ok last year and obviously that was a mistake.

We are booked November 16-25. I just got word that David’s has a renter for some of my points. I will go ahead and rent them. We can always book cash side if travel becomes a possibility and this way we have cash in hand. Makes me sad to let the points go though.

Like I thought I would never pee on the plane but it recommends holding in airport and peeing on the plane bc so many people are in bathroom at same time in an airport.. that never crossed my mind . I’ll see if I can find it and share the link .
all I can say is that whoever wrote that article never gave birth to large babies, is over 50 or deals with an "anxious bladder" The change in altitude plays havoc on my bladder (landing is definitely harder so I rarely drink anything during a flight and always pee when there's about 15 minutes left) flight attendants usually want you to sit down quickly and I'm sure they'll be trying to keep people from being in the aisles now! I'll take my chances on the airport bathroom and go when boarding is announced. I expect I'll be one of those people who will wear a mask in places where there's a lot of people gathering and on any form of public transportation for quite some time and food allergies have me accustomed to constantly washing and sanitizing my hands 😄

Hi, has anyone bought cancel for any reason travel insurance? We have good medical and cancellation insurance but it has certain limitations. I am concerned about the cruise portion of our December plans. The paid in full date is in August and if travel restrictions and quaratine are still in effect will not be able to go and the trip cancellaton we have would not cover us.

Booked Westjet flights to Aulani yesterday for the week following Xmas. Used travel bank funds, so no cash outlay and if we wind up having to cancel, the money goes right back into travel bank. Glad I did as prices were $100 more per person today!! So nice to have something to look forward to (that actually might happen!)

We have a trip booked for dec 2021 but I am thinking that likely wont happen. I am thinking the issue will be getting our under 12 vaccinated by that point. If that trip flops then next plan will be for July 2022...

Booked Westjet flights to Aulani yesterday for the week following Xmas. Used travel bank funds, so no cash outlay and if we wind up having to cancel, the money goes right back into travel bank. Glad I did as prices were $100 more per person today!! So nice to have something to look forward to (that actually might happen!)
Too funny! We booked flights to HNL the week after Christmas this weekend as well. Aulani and car rental booked. Nothing to do but wait and see if it works out! Hoping there will be no quarantine by then, but same as you, it was travel bank money anyway and we used our companion flights.

Too funny! We booked flights to HNL the week after Christmas this weekend as well. Aulani and car rental booked. Nothing to do but wait and see if it works out! Hoping there will be no quarantine by then, but same as you, it was travel bank money anyway and we used our companion flights.
👍🏻👍🏻 Did you find any good deals for car rentals? We usually do Costco, but I haven’t checked recently.

👍🏻👍🏻 Did you find any good deals for car rentals? We usually do Costco, but I haven’t checked recently.
I always book Costco. I was waiting for Westjet to release the return flight schedule and decided to book the car before the flights came out ($620 for 12 days at the company open later so we don't have to rush to drop it off), assuming that Westjet would have a direct flight home on the Saturday... Well they don't fly direct Saturday, only Friday or Sunday. Now the car rental prices have gone up at the two places open later. I am hoping that I can just drop the car off a day early and they won't charge me more?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter