Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

I booked for Nov 27 - Dec 3 with our points for AKL. The 3-5 was not available so I’ll wait list or move to universal or something for the two nights. Will hold tight until September in hopes that we can go, but pull the plug in September so I don’t miss my banking deadline if it looks like quarantine is still required or vaccinations aren’t available for us yet. So want to go but so many unknowns!

My kids went to school today wearing their Magic Bands and chattering away about our last Disney vac in Jan/2020. Meanwhile, we're not supposed to leave our city right now due to public health restrictions. Ahhhh Disney seems so far away right now!!

We are booked for late October. Pretty big splurge for us after cancelling a few trips since last March. Personally, I feel all things are looking pretty good. U.S. to be fully vaccinated by end of May. We should mostly be done here by summer. I'm hoping for a few less restrictions in Disney by then but I really don't care. Just happy to get back.

We are booked for late October. Pretty big splurge for us after cancelling a few trips since last March. Personally, I feel all things are looking pretty good. U.S. to be fully vaccinated by end of May. We should mostly be done here by summer. I'm hoping for a few less restrictions in Disney by then but I really don't care. Just happy to get back.
I’d be happy just to be back too whatever it may look like! How will you manage travel restrictions coming back to Canada?

I’d be happy just to be back too whatever it may look like! How will you manage travel restrictions coming back to Canada?

Ya, I know. Been thinking about our return a little bit. Not too worried though. The vaccine rollout timelines seem to be improving everyday. Now in Ontario, everyone who wants a shot will be offered it by mid June. Gov't has to reduce the travel restrictions shortly after that. They need the travel industry back. In my mind, if they don't reduce the travel restrictions by summertime, then when?

Ya, I know. Been thinking about our return a little bit. Not too worried though. The vaccine rollout timelines seem to be improving everyday. Now in Ontario, everyone who wants a shot will be offered it by mid June. Gov't has to reduce the travel restrictions shortly after that. They need the travel industry back. In my mind, if they don't reduce the travel restrictions by summertime, then when?
Right.... I’m in Ontario too. Happy with the announcement yesterday. Thanks for your thoughts around it ... just not sure whether to hope for the best or expect the worst at this point when it comes to travel planning.

This is exactly my thinking, I feel sorta safe with an October trip date. If not, then feb/March it is!

Yeah, I wish I had the confidence that the gov't will reduce restrictions and quarantine requirements by then (or even open our land border), but I'm just not sure. They seem to be doing a lot of non-sensical things lately.

Our health minister here in BC stated yesterday don't expect to travel internationally this summer, it won't happen. International travel probably won't start up again until at least October. Now, I don't know if he considers US travel international or not...but he's quite a buzzkill 😒

Yeah, I wish I had the confidence that the gov't will reduce restrictions and quarantine requirements by then (or even open our land border), but I'm just not sure. They seem to be doing a lot of non-sensical things lately.

Yes. Things are uncertain

Last edited:
careful of the wandering into the realm of political statements, we've had quite a few threads shut down over the last month. This is a great thread to follow along with people's plans, I'm enjoying the dreams from the sidelines. However, other than general comments about how vaccines, potential quarantine upon returning to Canada and border closure might influence decisions we need to keep comments about the why and who we think are involved in those things out of the discussion.

I’m starting to feel more hopeful every day that we are well on our way to planning to travel again :sunny:. With that said, I don’t see travel restrictions being lifted until the majority of us are fully vaccinated.
Ontario said Friday that those who qualify should have first dose in June, though the article was confusing because when you looked at the chart, it appeared they were only talking about people in groups one and two, and the vast majority of us will be group 3. I’d love to know how others interpreted that June 20th date. Do you all think they meant “everyone“ or “groups one and two”?

So, if we need to be fully vaccinated to open up travel again, and in Ontario and BC our second vaccines are coming four months after the first, I‘m thinking it will be November or December before we could see restrictions easing. I’d love to be wrong though !

Yes, after cancelling our 1-16 Dec 2020 trip (managed to bank all but 14 pts), we have booked a stay for 1-15 Dec 21... putting our hopes on the vaccine enabling us to travel. With the extra points, we are doing a split-stay at BLT... sort of. We spending 1-8 Dec in a Studio and 8-15 Dec in a 1 BR... it would be nicely convenient if the two rooms were connected. Living in Saskatchewan (hard to spell, easy to draw), we will be flying.

Our health minister here in BC stated yesterday don't expect to travel internationally this summer, it won't happen. International travel probably won't start up again until at least October. Now, I don't know if he considers US travel international or not...but he's quite a buzzkill 😒
I’m thinking it will be October too, but maybe some partial opening will come sooner, I was reading an article a few days ago that July 4 opening was being pushed for Canada /USA border but I don’t think so.... it actually may be the US wanting to keep Canadians out now until we speed up our vaccinations.
I keep reading everywhere that Canada will be 6 months behind most of the western countries in terms of lifting restrictions due to our slow vaccine response . Hoping for the best though. We have an Alaska cruise booked for August which won’t happen but thinking to fly out west (we are in SW Ontario) and explore Vancouver or maybe Rocky Mountains AB or both? Not sure if that will be allowed and not “frowned upon”. I’m talking August time frame though, not right now.
I’ll take October for international travel though, thinking of planning a 2 week trip to Disney in December for Christmas.

I’m starting to feel more hopeful every day that we are well on our way to planning to travel again :sunny:. With that said, I don’t see travel restrictions being lifted until the majority of us are fully vaccinated.
Ontario said Friday that those who qualify should have first dose in June, though the article was confusing because when you looked at the chart, it appeared they were only talking about people in groups one and two, and the vast majority of us will be group 3. I’d love to know how others interpreted that June 20th date. Do you all think they meant “everyone“ or “groups one and two”?

So, if we need to be fully vaccinated to open up travel again, and in Ontario and BC our second vaccines are coming four months after the first, I‘m thinking it will be November or December before we could see restrictions easing. I’d love to be wrong though !

My understanding is that the info Ontario released was prepared before they knew about the approval of J&J and the news that some shipments of vaccines had been moved up. I watched the news conference and they said they have a “goal” of 1st doses by end of June. And this was based on the new information.

I’ve also heard once everyone has a 1st shot they will move up second doses as supply allows.

My understanding is that the info Ontario released was prepared before they knew about the approval of J&J and the news that some shipments of vaccines had been moved up. I watched the news conference and they said they have a “goal” of 1st doses by end of June. And this was based on the new information.

I’ve also heard once everyone has a 1st shot they will move up second doses as supply allows.
I like your interpretation way better than mine ! And you’re right, a lot of information came out at once on Friday and I think some of it wasn’t updated in time . I’m feeling more hopeful than I have in a long time.

I was considering fall of this year, but I think I’m going to go with spring of next year. I’m hopeful things will be more back to normal by then.

I’m all vaccinated already, but my brother and sister-in-law aren’t and I’m planning to take them with me. I’m sure they will be vaccinated by October, but I’d rather give myself a bit more a safety buffer.

I like your interpretation way better than mine ! And you’re right, a lot of information came out at once on Friday and I think some of it wasn’t updated in time . I’m feeling more hopeful than I have in a long time.

So am I. I’m hoping for Thanksgiving to go. I know it’s still questionable, but I’m more optimistic then I was a month ago. We aren’t worrying about my youngest being vaccinated. So as long as the adults (and my 18 year old) and the testing and quarantine restrictions lifted, we are going.

Dang! I missed that announcement, ugh. I’ll still hold onto our Aug reservation just incase. But I think it’s cause they’re fast forwarding everyone getting the first injection so will take us longer to get second one. 😢. Guess we won’t be crossing border until we’re fully vaccinated ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter