Anti-chafing stick?

NewWorld Traveler

Earning My Ears
This is our first time to the parks, and I understand there is quite a bit of walking. My son is very prone to blisters on his feet. Has anyone used an anti-chafing sports stick (like Bodyglide) to help prevent blisters? The stick seems expensive so I want to know if it works before I purchase.

We used it on our July '08 trip and no one got blisters. Don't know if we wouldn't have gotten them without it though.

I know people who have used stick deodorant on their feet and said that works well too. If you have time before the trip you can experiment to see if it works for your son.

I've asked before, but have never had a response...

How exactly are you supposed to use Bodyglide? Do you have to wear socks? Apply it a while before putting on your shoes?

I tried it one day on the tops of my feet with a pair of crocs flip flops. It was a very bad idea. It was a sticky and very uncomfortable mistake. I wiped it off, but still couldn't wait to get back to the room to wash my feet and put on socks and sneakers. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if it simply can't be used for that. :confused3

astroglide is cheaper and easier to find (any drugstore) and is water soluble

very popular with athletes to prevent chafing

I have checked my local Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and CVS and have had no luck with finding BodyGlide. Where should I be looking and is there another place I can look?

Blister Block is good, too, and available at Walmart. I believe it's made by the Band-Aid people.

Go to Bodyglide's website and you'll find a local place to find it.

I use it every trip because I get blisters and I've had great success with it.

I've asked before, but have never had a response...

How exactly are you supposed to use Bodyglide? Do you have to wear socks? Apply it a while before putting on your shoes?

I tried it one day on the tops of my feet with a pair of crocs flip flops. It was a very bad idea. It was a sticky and very uncomfortable mistake. I wiped it off, but still couldn't wait to get back to the room to wash my feet and put on socks and sneakers. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if it simply can't be used for that. :confused3

I put it on the areas of my feet that are prone to getting blisters right before I put on my socks. I've never found it to be sticky.

Body Glide can be found in the sporting goods store. I was in Dicks last week and saw it priced at $9.00. Ask for it if you can't find it.

Thanks! Based on the feedback, it sounds like it is definitely worth a try. I have seen it at Dick's and Amazon.com myself.

Bodyglide is well worth the $. DD had a hard time after going on Kali River Rapids then walking around the park in wet denim shorts...used bodyglide the rest of the trip and no problems!!

gees the things you learn on here! ive never heard of it but could of used in 05 after i went on kali and got soaked too!!! ill be lookign into it before our trip in october!

From one pear to another...YES :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Actually, you don't need to be a pear to benefit from it.

Us gourds use it, too. :rotfl:

Anyone can chafe or blister at WDW, and Body Glide is a wonderful thing. Even though it's a stick, it kinda goes on like petroleum jelly, so it'll stick slightly to clothes and socks.:rolleyes:

We use bodyglide on all of our trips. It is wonderful! However, I would like to know if this is sold in a smaller size. Purse size. Has anyone ever purchased one? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter