Anti-chafing stick?

We use bodyglide on all of our trips. It is wonderful! However, I would like to know if this is sold in a smaller size. Purse size. Has anyone ever purchased one? Thanks!

band-aid-activ-flex-blister-block-stick_14.jpg

Look for this in the band aide aisle. I got mine at Walmart. Very small. :thumbsup2

Do you apply to prevent blistering or after there is already a blister to protect?

You apply it before blistering. Try moleskin if there is an after...:sad2:

Just FYI, this product is Body Glide (with a space). BodyGlide (no space) is for another kind of personal use entirely.

Astroglide *is* water-soluble, which makes it not as good as Body Glide, IMO. I don't want it to come off when I walk around wet after riding Kali.

I'm not a Croc wearer, but I imagine that it could end up getting sticky against rubber surfaces. It feels a little odd and slippery when I put it on the soles of my feet when I'm wearing water sandals, but the feeling goes away as soon as I've been walking for awhile.

I also use it on my feet when I wear dress shoes without hose. Wouldn't be able to comfortably do it otherwise.

Another good product of this sort is Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel (whew! long name). For some reason, the Monistat is eligible for FSA spending account reimbursement, while Body Glide is not; at least with my management company.

I personally believe that Body Glide is worth its weight in gold. However, I'm not averse to saving money, so I buy a year's supply once a year for my family at drugstore.com in order to avoid tax and shipping charges.

I am a true pear shape and my thigs are rather large. So will this stuff help when the thighs are rubbing together all day from all the walking?

yes i use it there as well. i have used it with sandals- not with my crocs though. it is part of our disney routine before we head to the parks.

kate

Does body glide last all day or do you have to reapply sometime during the day?

My husband used Body Glide and it worked awesome all day. He didn't have to reapply it. It did wash off at the end of the day when he took a shower. He worked in an extremely hot factory and used it at work also and said he'd wished I'd gotten it sooner for him. I found it at a store called REI.

That Band Aid brand a PP posted is wonderful. We used it at WDW last year and had no blisters. My son and I always get blisters, and got NONE using this. It's a tiny little stick, so it fits in a purse or even a pocket. I would reapply after 4 hours or so and it worked like a charm!

I've been using this stuff for a few years since I discovered it at the running store when I started running. Now I use it all year 'round for everything, LOL! I use it for the dreaded chub rub, of course. :thumbsup2 I also use it all over my feet when I go to Disney or similar. And any time I get a new pair of shoes, I hit all the typical hot spots on my feet to make sure I have a pain-free break-in of the new shoes - especially handy when you get a new pair of thong flip flops (for between the toes)! I also put some of my shoulders where my bag strap tends to rub my neck if I'm out in the hot sun and walking around in a tank all day. It's a miracle product!

And, yes - to the poster who asked - it comes in a purse size. I keep a big one and a little one in the house at all times. The purse size is a little easier to apply around toes, too. :thumbsup2

I've trick stick antiperspirant as well, since others suggested that it would work, too, and be cheaper. And it does not work as well, but it does work. It definitely doesn't glide on the same way or stay as long. For foot usage, I find that I can coat with BG once in the morning and it's fine all day. For high friction areas (i.e. inner thighs), I usually have to touch up occasionally.

when i do a search online for Band Aid Blister Block, two different items come up: Band Aid Blister Block and Band Aid Friction Block.. has anyone used both??? I wonder what the difference is, if any..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter