• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another VEA question(sorry!)

tmp

Mouseketeer
As some of you might be aware I have been a bit concerned about the return journey to the airport using VEA.:worried:
Do they now run a shuttle that just picks up at the Disney hotels,and a seperate one for the other 'selected' hotels such as Explorers?
If this is the case,assuming that the bus spends five minutes at each hotel,I could knock twenty minutes off the journey time if it doesn't go to the four non-disney hotels.(if that makes any sense!!)
I am interested to know as it might help with my decision on what time to get the shuttle.
That is if I don't get in a panic and decide to just hail a taxi!

Tina
in the info we had fromtravel agent/Disney it reccomends booking your return Vea shuttle for 3 hours before the flight e.g. flight 9pm book the 6 pm shuttle from hotel.
You should book it at rception when you are booking in

Berwyn

4 days to Go to Sequoia Lodge (just DW :love: and me) for 5 days

Tina
me again! Lol
We did it that way last time we stayed and it worked O.K
March 2000
. The bus only stopped at Disney hotels then but it may have changed
Berwyn

I think the advice about 3 hours is recommended.
Gives you plently of time to get round the hotels and travel to airport.
Remember that many flights ask that you check-in up to 2 hours in advance.

Reid

Yes, you need the three hours because according to VEA the coach tkes 45 minutes

Berwyn

On our last trip my plan was to take the VEA back to CDG.. but every night during our stay I'd see the big crowds of people lined up waiting for the coach, and the whole thing just looked like such a hassle and such an unpleasant way to end a wonderful holiday...(mind you this was mid-winter, and standing outside in the cold makes it that much more unpleasant). In the end I decided to go for the extra expense and order a private shuttle to pick us up at the SL and deliver us back at CDG. I was so glad I did - we left in a leisurely manner, with our driver helping us with our bags, and it felt like a nice way to end the holiday.

On our first trip, we did take the VEA to the airport, but for some reason that time the crowds were much thinner for some reason.

I don't know that it's possible to just "hail a cab" as you mentioned... I believe that if you do decide to find alternate transport, you'd best arrange it a day in advance at least.

Just my two cents! :cheer2:

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Thanks everyone.
I have already paid for the shuttle so am a bit unwilling to pre-book any other transport and have to pay out 70 euros-which I believe was the quote someone kindly gave me on this board- if I don't really need to.That money could be spent on my boys(or me!) so as you have all said that 3 hours should be ok I think I am going to chance it with the VEA.
There is a shuttle at 13.40 which should be ok as long as it runs on time-the flight is at 5 p.m.
Jody I understand what you mean about ending the holiday in a pleasant way.If I'd had my way I'd be going by eurostar and I wouldn't be getting in a state about the VEA at all!!
Berwyn thanks for your info-I will ask if I need to book my return journey when I check-in.Have a lovely holiday-we arrive the day after you.The forecast says it is going to be between 71 and 74 degrees so don't forget your sunscreen.:sunny:

tmp said:
Do they now run a shuttle that just picks up at the Disney hotels,and a seperate one for the other 'selected' hotels such as Explorers?
If this is the case,assuming that the bus spends five minutes at each hotel,I could knock twenty minutes off the journey time if it doesn't go to the four non-disney hotels.(if that makes any sense!!)
To answer your original question, the vast majority of shuttles pick up / drop off at the official Disney hotels ONLY. However, there are about three or four a day that also do a loop around the Selected hotels (I believe between the stop for the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne) and the times of these buses were marked in BOLD on the VEA schedule that I got a last month - if I can find it, I'll dig it out and let you know which ones.

As for worries about the buses being busy, especially on the way back, this typically happens only on a Sunday I'm told, as so many people check out that day, and really only affects the Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay as these are the last two hotels to pick up from on the way out (so the coach might already be nearing capacity by then) and even then, if you let the reception staff know that you've not been able to get on a bus, they will ring up VEA and ask them to send another shuttle ASAP.

steve_rob said:
However, there are about three or four a day that also do a loop around the Selected hotels (I believe between the stop for the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne)
My mistake, it's between the Sequoia Lodge and the Santa Fe

steve_rob said:
and the times of these buses were marked in BOLD on the VEA schedule that I got a last month - if I can find it, I'll dig it out and let you know which ones.
Going from CDG to DLP, the buses that visit the Selected Hotels run at (Terminal 3 times, add on 5/15 mins for T1/T2) : 0955, 1330, 1715, 1945*.

From the Selected Hotels back to CDG the buses run at (Kyriad departure time, all others 5-10 mins later) : 0800, 1200, 1530, 1800*.

(* - note times do vary between days, I have taken the 'typical' time)

Thanks Tina
you have a grat time too.
I hope forecast is right, my chiropodist was there 2 weeks ago and they neede d fleeces. when we went in2003 it was March and we wore T shirts and shorts the whole time

Berwyn

Going on Sunday :Pinkbounc :hourglass just Dw :love2: and me 25th wedding anniversary trip

We used the VEA bus from the airport on our first visit to DLP staying at the Newport Bay,(in June) The journey from the airport to the hotel was fine.Going from the Nwport Bay to the airport was another story. We learnt too late that it is only the Brits who queue ! LOL We were second at the bus stop ahead of us were a couple with three small children, while we were waiting a fair number of other people / children arrived A while later so did the bus ( looking back now we can laugh about it but we were not very amused at the time ) to say that people piled on is an understatement ! At the end of the "free for all " the bus being fully loaded drove away, leaving us and the poor couple with the three small childen ( and a few others) all BRITS still standing (just) at the bus stop !! Our faces must have been a picture ! I imagine if someone had been videoing the scene it would have been a great video to send to "Kirsty's Home Videos "
Another bus came along soon after, still crowded but not full, so those of us who were left behind were able to board this bus in a very civilised manner.
The important thing was that another VEA bus did arrive soon after, so it wasn't a huge problem ,but it was another hassle that we had not built into our equation.
This time we are doing Eurosrar !!!! LOL

Thats really helpful steve rob thanks very much.
I should be ok then as I plan to get the 13.40 shuttle which doesn't pick up from Kyriad etc.
Dee8197- oh no!! I had a good laugh at your story :rotfl: but thats exactly the sort thing that happens to me so now I'm worried!!Eurostar will be a breeze compared to your previous DLP travel experience.:)
Berwyn- I'm keeping fingers crossed for the good weather but I tend to take jumpers and coats whenever I go away regardless of the time of year 'just in case' ;).DH thinks I'm mad but one thing I cannot bear is being cold.:cold:

Dee, I'm sorry but I had to laugh at your story as well!:rotfl: Why is it that only the Brits queue? I must admit that this is one of the things that had always put us off going to DLP before.:confused3

Tina, Berwyn, you must both be getting very excited!!! Berwyn, it is our 17th wedding anniversary on 28th and my birthday on 30th so I will have a drink on both days and think of you all at DLP! :drinking1

We're British Tina of course we'll have coats anf fleeces and :umbrella:

Just looked at the forecast Sunday 24 Degrees Monday 21 Degrees Centigrade ( I don't know what it is in proper money) Both days dry.

Thanks very much Elaine and congratulations for both in advance. of course we'll have a :drinking1 we'll have one every night to cover everyone. And a :bday: :cake: as well.
I'm really excited I work nights and can't sleep properly, good job its my last night tonight. DW :love2: is :scared1: though she hates flying. She cried last time we took off.

Berwyn

Elaine Our 25th anniversary is not till October 11 but we're going now hoping the weather will be better

Berwyn

When we arrived at DLRP the first time and caught the shuttle from the hotel, we got talking to an elderly couple and the main piece of advice they gave us was when it comes to buses "Grab hold of the children and push". I thought they were exaggerating until we tried to catch the shuttle back to the hotel at park closing time. :earseek:

sounds good advice Jill. last time we were lucky enough to be able to stay at Disneyland Hotel and so were first on.

Berwyn

BCT said:
Elaine Our 25th anniversary is not till October 11 but we're going now hoping the weather will be better

Berwyn

What a brilliant idea!:goodvibes You'll be able to celebrate all over again come October!!!:rotfl:

Double celebration in October Elaine, Wedding anniversary on 11th and DW's :love: :bday: on the 12th.

She's gone into panic mode for tomorrow( we go to airport hotel at Manchester to be ready for 4.30 a.m. check-in.) , at the clothes last night not knowing what to pack. She then washed the car :eek: first time in 25 years!! I pay for it ,clean and navigate and she does the driving :moped:

Berwyn
Only 2 days to go to DLRP :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter