Another Shooting, Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the answer is not AR15s, its semi automatics and removable magazines. Neither have a legitimate purpose for responsible firearm use. If you need 10 to shoot a deer, you need to find a new hobby

Thank you for being honest.

There is an element of physical usage. Guns in the times of the American Forefathers were far less lethal than the ones of today. And of course, if one is to include all weapons - suicide vests, grenades and dirty bombs to name but a few - one must concede that this new era of armaments has made things tangibly easier to take a life or maim with intent.

While true the guns of today are far more lethal than the guns of 250 years ago, the guns of today are NOT more lethal than those of 100 years ago - which is a fact often lost in these discussions.

I'm curious what the argument would be against all guns being single shot. You would have to reload after every shot.

Your first sentence is again not true which is the norm with you all, not only have I responded to you, I have actually responded when you private messaged me, I answered everything with facts, actually you did not respond to the last thing I showed you from James Madison. All relevant. Anything not relevant is from the crazy responses I am getting, name calling, telling me what I should post on here, twisting my words into crazy places. I have responded to everything that was intelligently said to me. I agree that the gun crew on here is "not interested in these interpretations". Which are not interpretations but statements from the FFs. But I could care less, they read them and now are educated on it, whether you like it or not or are 'interested' in it is irrelevant. You don't want to know the truth because the truth blows apart your own views but it is fact. Yes I agree they may want to ban semi automatic types or the ones with large magazines, etc. but no one is seriously talking about banning all guns which is what you are told when any gun regulations come up. They also want to stop the gun show loophole, and some other stronger gun regulations etc.

And you did it again. BTW, the reason you are receiving PM’s is because so many of us are attempting to adhere to the rules of this forum while hoping to keep this discussion alive.

There is an element of physical usage. Guns in the times of the American Forefathers were far less lethal than the ones of today. And of course, if one is to include all weapons - suicide vests, grenades and dirty bombs to name but a few - one must concede that this new era of armaments has made things tangibly easier to take a life or maim with intent.
That's a popular misconception based on lack of research into the armament, tactics and deployments used by armies of that era.
The Brown Bess Musket utilized by the British at the time of the Revolution was the "assault rifle" of it's day.
It could be reloaded nearly twice as fast as contemporary arms of the day and was an extremely lethal device.
If one researches the battles of that era one will see that often times hundreds, and even thousands, of soldiers were killed in single battles by the use of those "far less lethal" arms.
In fact the incidence of death from gun shot wounds was far greater back then not just because of the lack of modern battlefield medical procedures but because of the large diameter of the projectiles and the fact that they were made of soft lead which, upon coming in contact with flesh and bone, more often than not caused horrific wounds.
Todays military small arms, by comparison, are actually designed to wound rather than kill an enemy so as to cause a strain on the enemy resources which are diverted from the combat troops to the wounded troops.
And in fact, nearly all arms in use today were either developed as Military weapons, have been used as Military weapons, or are modifications of Military weapons.

I'm curious what the argument would be against all guns being single shot. You would have to reload after every shot.
You might as well be curious as to why we fly in airplanes instead of walking.
Humans are driven to make improvements to their situation whether it be in the field of transportation or in the theatre of war.
In the future someone will ask why it is necessary to have multiple discharge proton weapons as opposed to the single charge capacitor types.
It's all relevant to the times that we are living in.....

Have you even bothered to ask how many here even own such a gun?
Don't own one and never have. I've never had the desire to, for that matter. However, I've fired quite a few... from an antique ball and cap revolver, to .22 rifles, to shotguns, to 30-06 hunting rifles, to even an M-16 on full auto (thanks to the Michigan State Police).

So one night two guys try a home invasion at your house. Assuming that they don't heed your warning that you're armed and you have to shoot one of them... would you ask the second perp to "Wait a second!" while you reload?

So one night two guys try a home invasion at your house. Assuming that they don't heed your warning that you're armed and you have to shoot one of them... would you ask the second perp to "Wait a second!" while you reload?
Just looking for some kind of reasonable compromise. We own a few multi-shot weapons but I would like to see something done to stop this stuff.

Why do some people feel the need to own, of all things, an AR-15 weapon? Surely there are guns more suitable to hunting and less cumbersome for home security... and home security from what? Another AR-15? It just foxes me, that's all. As you know I hail from a country with virtually no firearms kicking about when compared to the States so I find it hard to comprehend the reasoning behind such weapons.

Every AR15 owner will give you a different answer, and that helps to illustrate why it's such a popular gun here in the US. It's very versatile. It's popular in shooting competitions, a great hunting rifle depending on what youre hunting and what ammo you're using, it's easy to customize with various sights and other (legal) accessories, great for farmers or those who live in the country and have to deal with wild animals in their own backyard, and a lot of fun to take to the range and shoot.

Specifically, it has a soft recoil and is relatively light-weight which is obviously beneficial in just about any shooting scenario, and also makes it easier to shoot for many women than some other heavier weapons that have more recoil. Its a pretty accurate and reliable weapon overall. The standard .223 and .556 rounds are smaller and weigh less than many other caliber rounds which can be a pro or a con depending on how you're looking at it. Great for being able to carry more rounds while hunting and not adding a ton of weight to the rifle with a full magazine, but it also actually means it has less kinetic energy than most other rifles.

Every AR15 owner will give you a different answer, and that helps to illustrate why it's such a popular gun here in the US. It's very versatile. It's popular in shooting competitions, a great hunting rifle depending on what youre hunting and what ammo you're using, it's easy to customize with various sights and other (legal) accessories, great for farmers or those who live in the country and have to deal with wild animals in their own backyard, and a lot of fun to take to the range and shoot.

Specifically, it has a soft recoil and is relatively light-weight which is obviously beneficial in just about any shooting scenario, and also makes it easier to shoot for many women than some other heavier weapons that have more recoil. Its a pretty accurate and reliable weapon overall. The standard .223 and .556 rounds are smaller and weigh less than many other caliber rounds which can be a pro or a con depending on how you're looking at it. Great for being able to carry more rounds while hunting and not adding a ton of weight to the rifle with a full magazine, but it also actually means it has less kinetic energy than most other rifles.

There’s also the fact that ammo is cheap in comparison to more powerful/less common guns.

Also somewhat ironic is the fact that the AR-15’s was omitted from the original ban as it was deemed a legitimate sporting rifle, yet wasn’t particularly popular at the time.

A couple years ago I had coyotes that where getting my chickens. I placed traps and one morning i went out and I had 2 caught close together and then realized there was a third just hanging around. I can tell you I was glad I had my AR with a 20 round mag.

Why do some people feel the need to own, of all things, an AR-15 weapon? Surely there are guns more suitable to hunting and less cumbersome for home security... and home security from what? Another AR-15? It just foxes me, that's all. As you know I hail from a country with virtually no firearms kicking about when compared to the States so I find it hard to comprehend the reasoning behind such weapons.

No self respecting hunters use them. They've been brainwashed into it with the endless propaganda fed to the them 24 hours a day in the US by the special interest groups that make money off of it by making them believe that that makes them a "great American", (many have flags on their trucks, American or Confederate), and they are big tough guys. The stereotype is real. Or that there is some hidden danger from "the others" by fear mongering or the big bad gov that will occur in the US, which I can't get into to keep from going political. I also want to say something that is happening here in the US is that they are hoarding large amounts of guns, they don't just own 1, I know a guy who lives up the street from me that has an arsenal in his basement. I live in the suburbs of NY so there go. Not crazy hillbilly types, I am talking about firemen and policemen, EMT's etc., etc. Started happening when O came in office and everyone was told he would take their guns away, which of course, didn't happen. Not everyone is that extreme but I bet if you asked on here you would see the ones answering own MANY guns.

Last edited:
Never fails to amaze me the lows people go on here, a Disney site, "you're acting immature" by hypocritically acting more immature, lovely lol.

It looks like you've deleted your response to my joke.
#1- I didn't specifically single you out, but if the shoe fits...
#2- I have never claimed to be a mature adult.

Have a magical day.

It looks like you've deleted your response to my joke.
#1- I didn't specifically single you out, but if the shoe fits...
#2- I have never claimed to be a mature adult.

Have a magical day.

Get a life so you don't have to respond to imaginary quotes that aren't even on here, nanny nanny foo foo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter