Another Shooting, Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted that earlier. No one seemed to be interested.

Oh I didn't see that. That is the perfect word, "not interested". As that was just told to me that "no one is interested" in what I posted. LMAO. The gun people on here are not interested in anything that blows apart their views on guns.

Probably because it's based largely on personal anecdote.

There are also plenty of counter-arguments to his examples. While the Parkland shooter fatally injured 17 of the 34 people he hit with a "super efficient killing machine", the Virginia Tech shooter (using two "low power" hand guns with a quantity of non-large capacity magazines) was able to kill 32 of the 49 classmates that he hit while reloading multiple times along the way. And while the distance may have played a role, the Vegas shooter fatally hit around 10% of the people he injured with his "assault weapons."

Oh I didn't see that. That is the perfect word, "not interested". As that was just told to me that "no one is interested" in what I posted. LMAO. The gun people on here are not interested in anything that blows apart their views on guns.
So in what ways are an AR-15 more lethal than a Mini-14???

And at what point have you actually read an entire post that didn’t agree with you? You pick and choose what you want to half way respond to and won’t respond to several that have proven you wrong. And I have read your posts as well as those more educated about guns and fail to see where you blew apart any of their statements. You just choose to ignore their facts about the gun you think is so evil.

Several read the link that Robin posted and blew a few holes in it. That isn’t “not interested”.

Why do some people feel the need to own, of all things, an AR-15 weapon? Surely there are guns more suitable to hunting and less cumbersome for home security... and home security from what? Another AR-15? It just foxes me, that's all. As you know I hail from a country with virtually no firearms kicking about when compared to the States so I find it hard to comprehend the reasoning behind such weapons.

And at what point have you actually read an entire post that didn’t agree with you? You pick and choose what you want to half way respond to and won’t respond to several that have proven you wrong. And I have read your posts as well as those more educated about guns and fail to see where you blew apart any of their statements. You just choose to ignore their facts about the gun you think is so evil.

Several read the link that Robin posted and blew a few holes in it. That isn’t “not interested”.

What are you talking about now. I'm just trying to keep up with your gang mentality, you have any idea how many alerts I am getting lmao. Now you are twisting saying I haven't responded to you, go back and see I responded, I mean how many times can I say the same thing. I'm sorry you don't like my response, or if not, your posts actually twisted what I said or were too silly to answer to. What haven't I responded to, seems like that's all I'm doing. OMG WAIT HOLY COW forget what I just said, now one of the gang of 8 is going to say I am censoring them, or won't allow responses, that is the kind of crazy you all are saying and I do not respond to luvsjack. Or I probably don't agree with itand the facts I have put cover your posts I haven't responded too. You certainly haven't responded to all my posts.

So let me get this straight, you came on to this thread and your very first post managed to insult gun owners with your "tough guy" comment.
When gun supporters respond to you we are ganging up on you?
The fact that you can't even admit that "the gang" has actually posted intelligent facts in response to everything you have claimed says a ton about the kind of person you are. You don't want to know any facts, you want what you think to be the truth. Well it isn't.

Well I did take out that tough guy comment bc I thought even though I think that, maybe I shouldn't put it as how does it help but you all go to such a low level and to be tough guys with your semi automatic high magazine weapons. And no I found no intelligent facts of why they should have them on here. And your responses say a lot about the kind of person you are. Wow so hypocritical. And no intelligent responses, just the same old LaPierre and Hannity and the likes responses, being puppets for their wealth.

What are you talking about now. I'm just trying to keep up with your gang mentality, you have any idea how many alerts I am getting lmao. Now you are twisting saying I haven't responded to you, go back and see I responded, I mean how many times can I say the same thing. I'm sorry you don't like my response, or if not, your posts actually twisted what I said or were too silly to answer to. What haven't I responded to, seems like that's all I'm doing. OMG WAIT HOLY COW forget what I just said, now one of the gang of 8 is going to say I am censoring them, or won't allow responses, that is the kind of crazy you all are saying and I do not respond to luvsjack. Or I probably don't agree with itand the facts I have put cover your posts I haven't responded too. You certainly haven't responded to all my posts.

1. We are all getting the alerts for posts on this thread.

2. I didn’t say anything about your responses to me. Read.

3. I haven’t twisted anything you said.

You have accused me and others of reading and believing propaganda which I personally find hilarious since I have not quoted a thing. You assume you know where what someone says is coming from.

Sure I know that there are constant quotes and memes on fb and other places about the guns in the gun racks but the simple fact is, it’s true. Those are things that actually happened. But rather than accepting that you accuse me of quoting Fox. Sorry, I don’t watch any network news.

You are so busy trying to present yourself as smarter and so far above those discussing this with you that you aren’t even reading what any one of them is telling you. Let me tell you a secret, you are not smarter, more sophisticated nor more enlightened than a soul here so get over yourself. If you want someone to listen to you arguments then try doing it without your back door insults because they don’t do a thing for you.

Well I did take out that tough guy comment bc I thought even though I think that, maybe I shouldn't put it as how does it help but you all go to such a low level and to be tough guys with your semi automatic high magazine weapons. And no I found no intelligent facts of why they should have them on here. And your responses say a lot about the kind of person you are. Wow so hypocritical. And no intelligent responses, just the same old LaPierre and Hannity and the likes responses, being puppets for their wealth.

Have you even bothered to ask how many here even own such a gun? Nope just making more assumptions. You do know what they say about assumptions don’t you?

By the way, few hunters see themselves as “tough guys” and the ones that do, don’t need a gun to think that.

For someone that has such a disdain for Fox News you sure must watch a lot of it.

By the way, few hunters see themselves as “tough guys” and the ones that do, don’t need a gun to think that.

Holy moley I actually agree with you about something. lol. If you saw my past post most hunters I know would never consider one of those guns for hunting, in fact the really serious hunters that I know many prefer bows, one actually buries his clothes for months in the woods before he wears them to hunt lol and by the way is an incredible hunter. And as another put on this thread, if you need a gun like that for hunting, you need another hobby lol.

Why do some people feel the need to own, of all things, an AR-15 weapon? Surely there are guns more suitable to hunting and less cumbersome for home security... and home security from what? Another AR-15? It just foxes me, that's all. As you know I hail from a country with virtually no firearms kicking about when compared to the States so I find it hard to comprehend the reasoning behind such weapons.
It's an American thing.
The American Revolution was started by King George when he required that all Colonists turn in their arms, powder, and lead. (Look it up)
The Founding Fathers had no intention of making the Second Amendment about hunting or even defense of ones individual domicile.
Their sole intention in making that Amendment was to insure that the Citizens would always have the means to protect their Liberty and Sovereignty.
Any one who believes that such things can't happen in todays "enlightened" age need only remember that every age considered itself to be enlightened and thus fell into the age old pattern of war, revolution, and chaos.
Not one single age of Mankind has avoided those scourges simply because they all have considered themselves to too civilized for such happenings.
We in America are not so far removed from our Revolution that we have lost sight of the fact that our freedoms are very fragile and require a good deal of vigilance to maintain.
The saying, "An armed man is a Citizen and an unarmed man is a subject." (Change man to person if you're into PC stuff) is still as true as is was many millennia ago when we were still killing each other with stone clubs, flint knives, and pointy sticks.
As I've stated before, the problem is not with the implements used by humans to kill each other off.
It is with Humans themselves.

Again, the conclusions reached in this article really don’t tell us anything. The .223 has significantly more muzzle energy than a 9mm, so at close range it creates a more severe wound. There is no magic here, it’s simple physics.

The 9mm OTOH, with its heavier projectile penetrates deeper (read the final paragraph):

https://www.officer.com/tactical/fi...icle/10857504/carbine-training-9mm-vs-223-rem

Again, no magic, simple physics. Energy is more dependent on velocity than mass, whereas inertia depends equally on both.

This is why a ping pong ball that hits you at 4,000 MPH would hurt worse than a dump truck hitting you at 1 MPH. OTOH, if both hit a brick wall, the ping pong ball would disintegrate while the dump truck would knock the wall down.

And as previously pointed out, much, much more powerful handgun rounds are available. But, the 9mm remains the most popular because it is “lethal enough”to get the job done. The standard police issue .357 Magnum fired the same bullet as a 9mm, but at a much higher velocity. Yet, officers are no longer issued .357 magnums. They get 9mm’s.

As I previously pointed out, I own 2 hunting rifles. I use the less powerful one for deer. Why? Because it gets the job done & the additional power of the other gun is not necessary or even helpful until I move up to larger animals.

Holy moley I actually agree with you about something. lol. If you saw my past post most hunters I know would never consider one of those guns for hunting, in fact the really serious hunters that I know many use bows, one actually buries his clothes for months in the woods before he wears them to hunt lol and by the way is an incredible hunter. And as another put on this thread, if you need a gun like that for hunting, you need another hobby lol.

I know hunters not obsessed crazies. My sister’s husband and dh’s sister’s husband hunt almost to the point of professional. And they don’t bury their clothes. Neither think they are tough. Both are pretty amazing hunters. They keep their freezers as well as most of their kin folks freezers full. Both own multiple guns and I am fairly certain my bil has an AR 15. Not sure about dh’s bil.

They both use bows. During bow season. And guns during gun season. One turkey hunts and may use a bow for that not sure.

See here is the thing, you are lumping people into these little groups in your mind. The gun is a gun. It is a tool. Hunters use whatever gun is helpful to their sport. Like ds may want a particular bat. Or a pool player wants a particular pool stick. Or a fisherman wants a certain fishing pole. It’s a tool plain and simple.

What I meant is they don’t need a gun, ANY gun to think their tough, if they in fact think that. I am not agreeing with you that those with that gun are “tough guys”.

As I've stated before, the problem is not with the implements used by humans to kill each other off.
It is with Humans themselves.

There is an element of physical usage. Guns in the times of the American Forefathers were far less lethal than the ones of today. And of course, if one is to include all weapons - suicide vests, grenades and dirty bombs to name but a few - one must concede that this new era of armaments has made things tangibly easier to take a life or maim with intent.

You are taking that out of the context of the times. My point still stands. Yes but they believed in people being armed to defend the country against foreign invaders, as soldiers in a well regulated militia as they did not want a standing army or a large gov army and as Jefferson added the navy and we had larger standing armies, still the militias served as armed soldiers to aid them. And Jefferson was very very strong on this, he believed that a standing gov military could be used against the people and did not want that, and like Madison and our other FF believed that a standing army would not always be used for the people's best interest. Madison if you see what I put on above that he said, would be rolling over in his grave if he saw how much we spend on our military and the wars we go into.

You believe Madison would be appalled over modern military spending. Okay, that’s your right. I’m confused as to exactly where that fits into a discussion on which firearms are or are not “too dangerous” to be in civilian hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter