Another Sad Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh, thank goodness the mods closed the thread on the community board about the "fatty wagons." what an awful thing to post!

i especially like the part about a cane indicating "medical necessity." i guess i fail that one - my cane is folded in my backpack at disney...

I spend too much time fighting just to have a life, without having to defend myself against random sick photographers in disney!

I am truly disgusted by the other thread.:mad:

Luckily for us my son only has asd but according to the OP in the other thread that is just a fashionable condition.

I am so worried about being fashionable that I decided that my son would be asd!!!:confused3 I love the fact that we have strict routines, severe meltdowns, odd quirks (to put it nicely):rolleyes:

I love the fact that he would rather pee in his pants than use the monster toilets that flush themselves, and then scream the park down cause he has wet pants:rolleyes:

As for the horrendous hand-dryers:scared1:

I wish people would just get over themselves as the world does not revolve around them.

I must admit after reading on here about the GAC cards I was considering asking for one on our next trip. The reason I was going to ask for one is so that our son could try out things such as indiana jones. I was wondering if we could get one that said we needed to be seated on the end of the row so that we could leave immediately if required. He freaks over loud noises but is determined to see indy at least this way he could try it instead of me spoiling it and saying no.

Luckily for us my son only has asd but according to the OP in the other thread that is just a fashionable condition.

I am so worried about being fashionable that I decided that my son would be asd!!!:confused3 I love the fact that we have strict routines, severe meltdowns, odd quirks (to put it nicely):rolleyes:

I love the fact that he would rather pee in his pants than use the monster toilets that flush themselves, and then scream the park down cause he has wet pants:rolleyes:

I wish people would just get over themselves as the world does not revolve around them.

I must admit after reading on here about the GAC cards I was considering asking for one on our next trip. The reason I was going to ask for one is so that our son could try out things such as indiana jones. I was wondering if we could get one that said we needed to be seated on the end of the row so that we could leave immediately if required. He freaks over loud noises but is determined to see indy at least this way he could try it instead of me spoiling it and saying no.

just an FYI for you-The Indy show is LOUD. There are speakers (some hidden)all around the seating area.

While the thread ended on a negative note, I believe the correct message was received and understood by most. However: 1) There are some that will always remain ignorant of the WDW disability rules. Not much you can do but continue education attempts; and 2) There are some on this side that have little intent in fostering an understanding of the rules, but instead seem more interested in making sure that their personal situation, and not the rules in general, is understood by all and given the appropriate amount of sympathy.

I choose to look at the positives of the thread. I thought that SueM's posts were positive and informative. After reading her posts it would be difficult not to understand that those in wheelchairs and ECV's do not get a free pass to the front of the line. In many instances the wait is longer. The point was well made.

In contrast to SueM's educational and informative posts, there were a few that caused the discussion to denigrate into arguments that were beside the point. When I first read the original post I did not get the feeling that it was mean spirited, but only that it was crafted by someone who is uninformed. Instead of offering a reasoned opposing point and a clarification of current WDW policies the attacks began.

Unfortunately, this is the pattern that most threads regading strollers, ECV's wheelchairs follow. A point or observation is made (usually without malicious intent,) and the attacks follow. It seems as if there can be no reasonable discourse. There are far too many who seem to relish the opportunity to be offended. I just do not think there is much value in needing to prove that life with a disability (or life with someone who has a disability) is difficult. There is certainly no value in wishing harm upon someone else (wishing they get hit by a bus so they could understand what it is like to be you.)

In summary, depending on your point of view you can look at the thread as a success or failure. If it is your intent to educate the uneducated as to WDW policies then the thread was a success. If it is your intent to prove to others life with a disability is not easy and sometimes unfair then you might consider the thread a failure. In my opinion, most people understand the difficulties and do not need to walk a mile in your shoes to have sympathy. Further, they do not like having it shoved in their face and that is why these types of arguments can never be won.

Thanks.

Have to disagree with you. The "uninformed" OP clearly did not WANT to be informed. I would also disagree that most people understand the difficulties of life with a disability. Judging from the MANY threads that are started about alleged abuses, ECV's, lazy fat people, etc., it is quite obvious there is little understanding or tolerance. For this reason many of the disabled posters and parents of diabled children felt it necessary to describe exactly what we have experienced and clearly state why we need particular accomodations. But you are making the judgement that we are looking for sympathy. Sadly, I think that is even more mean-spirited than what was said by the OP.

I didn't see the "Fatty Wagons" thread until after it was closed.
I don't know what about it was more disgusting - that someone took the pictures and made the website in the first place or that someone felt a need to post a link and start a thread about it.

I think that thread (more than anything I've seen before) shows that there is a lot of prejudice and mean spirited-ness connected with this subject. The only positive about the thread was that most of the people responding were also disgusted about the website showing the pictures.

Have to disagree with you. The "uninformed" OP clearly did not WANT to be informed. I would also disagree that most people understand the difficulties of life with a disability. Judging from the MANY threads that are started about alleged abuses, ECV's, lazy fat people, etc., it is quite obvious there is little understanding or tolerance. For this reason many of the disabled posters and parents of diabled children felt it necessary to describe exactly what we have experienced and clearly state why we need particular accomodations. But you are making the judgement that we are looking for sympathy. Sadly, I think that is even more mean-spirited than what was said by the OP.

Beccabunny,

Thanks for your response. I certainly appreciate your point of view. A few points:

First, Please read my comments wherein I stated that "initially" I believed the original poster to be merely uninformed. Of course, later comments made by this person revealed a bit more. I did not believe the initial attacks were warranted and appreciate SueM's attempt to clarify the rules.

Second, I have no idea whether this person wanted to be informed. However, the point I have attempted to make is that sometimes the best you can do is provide the facts. You cannot change the minds of everyone. Additionally, the "in your face comments" will rarely serve to accomplish this. As you witnessed, the person who, to paraphrase, wished that someone would get hit by a bus brought the conversation to a low point. Do you think that this kind of attitude helps anyone?

Third, I think that there are many occasions when particular experiences should be used as examples. You are completely wrong in assuming that I have judged that everyone revealing their personal experiences is looking for sympathy. I stated that some (note the word some) people have the need (for whatever reason - and I am not passing judgment) to fully discuss their personal stories whether warranted or not. I have an Aunt who spends every possible moment discussing her doctor visits, blood tests etc. There are some people who thrive having their health issues, perceived or real, serve as a source of attention. On the other hand, there are some who just do not like to talk about these things. My point was that the true issue at hand (WDW and federal rules) was best discussed by attempting to educate rather than forcing the "if you could walk a mile in my shoes" argument.

Finally, at some level I was making an attempt to find positives in a post that many felt was entirely negative. You have called me mean spirited. You have proved part of my point - that any time these issues are brought up the attacks begin. You are welcome to disagree with me, but how can there be reasonable discussion with your attitude? Perhaps you are like the original poster and do not want to be informed. You have come to a conclusion, that I am mean sprited, with no supporting facts. You have no idea of my situation or experiences. You should think before making these assumptions.

I didn't see the "Fatty Wagons" thread until after it was closed.
I don't know what about it was more disgusting - that someone took the pictures and made the website in the first place or that someone felt a need to post a link and start a thread about it.

I think that thread (more than anything I've seen before) shows that there is a lot of prejudice and mean spirited-ness connected with this subject. The only positive about the thread was that most of the people responding were also disgusted about the website showing the pictures.
Sue I saw it and immediately requested that it be closed. I felt it was just going to evolve into a very nasty thread and hurt a lot of people's feelings

Beccabunny,

Thanks for your response. I certainly appreciate your point of view. A few points:

First, Please read my comments wherein I stated that "initially" I believed the original poster to be merely uninformed. Of course, later comments made by this person revealed a bit more. I did not believe the initial attacks were warranted and appreciate SueM's attempt to clarify the rules.

Second, I have no idea whether this person wanted to be informed. However, the point I have attempted to make is that sometimes the best you can do is provide the facts. You cannot change the minds of everyone. Additionally, the "in your face comments" will rarely serve to accomplish this. As you witnessed, the person who, to paraphrase, wished that someone would get hit by a bus brought the conversation to a low point. Do you think that this kind of attitude helps anyone?

Third, I think that there are many occasions when particular experiences should be used as examples. You are completely wrong in assuming that I have judged that everyone revealing their personal experiences is looking for sympathy. I stated that some (note the word some) people have the need (for whatever reason - and I am not passing judgment) to fully discuss their personal stories whether warranted or not. I have an Aunt who spends every possible moment discussing her doctor visits, blood tests etc. There are some people who thrive having their health issues, perceived or real, serve as a source of attention. On the other hand, there are some who just do not like to talk about these things. My point was that the true issue at hand (WDW and federal rules) was best discussed by attempting to educate rather than forcing the "if you could walk a mile in my shoes" argument.

Finally, at some level I was making an attempt to find positives in a post that many felt was entirely negative. You have called me mean spirited. You have proved part of my point - that any time these issues are brought up the attacks begin. You are welcome to disagree with me, but how can there be reasonable discussion with your attitude? Perhaps you are like the original poster and do not want to be informed. You have come to a conclusion, that I am mean sprited, with no supporting facts. You have no idea of my situation or experiences. You should think before making these assumptions.

MY attitude? Please! In your post you referred to the thread on the community board and several other threads. You weren't talking about your aunt's doctor visits and blood tests. When these threads are started, and a disabled person responds in a way some don't like, it's referred to as an attack. It's obvious you weren't talking about one particular poster, since you referred to "attacks" on multiple threads. There were quite a few responses from disabled posters. How can you assume that even one of them might be looking for sympathy? What supporting facts do you have? I make no judgement at all on your situation or experiences, only on what you said. And for the record, I never thought the remark about getting hit by a bus was warranted or helpful. I don't defend that kind of remark at all. But the thread was not allowed to move on. The facts were presented over and over again, by the moderator and by others who know ADA law. Yet the same myths continued to be perpetuated. And yes, the OP jumped in with more comments defending her point of view and making even more ignorant remarks, so I would pretty confidently say she did not want to be informed.

Beccabunny,

First, Please read my comments wherein I stated that "initially" I believed the original poster to be merely uninformed. Of course, later comments made by this person revealed a bit more. I did not believe the initial attacks were warranted and appreciate SueM's attempt to clarify the rules. "Attacks" might be taking it a bit far, don't you think? You have an opinion on what you think was warranted and we have ours. Some of may have *gasp* even have been trying to inject a little humor in there.

Second, I have no idea whether this person wanted to be informed. However, the point I have attempted to make is that sometimes the best you can do is provide the facts. You cannot change the minds of everyone. Additionally, the "in your face comments" will rarely serve to accomplish this. As you witnessed, the person who, to paraphrase, wished that someone would get hit by a bus brought the conversation to a low point. Do you think that this kind of attitude helps anyone? While I do not agree with the sentiments of one poster on that thread, I can see her getting more upset than she should have been and trying to have compassion rather than point fingers at her. Sometimes we are not the shining examples of human beings we should be and we fall for the bait, especially when it is something very personal to us or our children. Sometimes we are not as level headed as we'd like...we have to move on and stop beating ourselves up over those times.

Third, I think that there are many occasions when particular experiences should be used as examples. You are completely wrong in assuming that I have judged that everyone revealing their personal experiences is looking for sympathy. I stated that some (note the word some) people have the need (for whatever reason - and I am not passing judgment) to fully discuss their personal stories whether warranted or not. I have an Aunt who spends every possible moment discussing her doctor visits, blood tests etc. There are some people who thrive having their health issues, perceived or real, serve as a source of attention. On the other hand, there are some who just do not like to talk about these things. My point was that the true issue at hand (WDW and federal rules) was best discussed by attempting to educate rather than forcing the "if you could walk a mile in my shoes" argument.You forgot the import phrase "In my opinion." Also, please bear in mind, we are not your Aunt. If your Aunt were posting, I think you would both know, as I'm sure she would be quick to recognize you.

Finally, at some level I was making an attempt to find positives in a post that many felt was entirely negative. You have called me mean spirited. You have proved part of my point - that any time these issues are brought up the attacks begin. You are welcome to disagree with me, but how can there be reasonable discussion with your attitude? Perhaps you are like the original poster and do not want to be informed. You have come to a conclusion, that I am mean sprited, with no supporting facts. You have no idea of my situation or experiences. You should think before making these assumptions.So, it seems to me you came here, to this specific thread, to chide most everyone, aside from Sue. Got it. In a text based media, you are attaching attitude to posts that may not be there. Seems to me you are making some thoughtless assumptions on your own there, pal. Now, while Becca doesn't need my help, but it really bothers me when people misquote or try to put words into the mouths of others...What she actually wrote was
For this reason many of the disabled posters and parents of diabled children felt it necessary to describe exactly what we have experienced and clearly state why we need particular accomodations. But you are making the judgement that we are looking for sympathy. Sadly, I think that is even more mean-spirited than what was said by the OP.
She found the idea of you calling us sympathy seekers by sharing our experiences to be mean spirited. She found your post mean spirited but did not say that you were. She made no conclusion about you...or if she had, she wasn't sharing it with us. I am also a teensy bit puzzled that you found the need to come to this particular sub board in order to educate us. I think you're someone who always feels he needs to get the last word in, and uses far too many words to say something that could easily be stated using fewer.

My responses are the blue text.

LolaCola - you refer to "us" quite a few times. Are you making the assumption that I have no experience with disabilities? Slippery slope. You should read some of the "hidden disabilities" threads. I thought it was wrong to make assumptions as to whether someone is or is not disabled. Sorry that you do not consider me part of the "us."

By the way, logic dictates that if my post is mean spirited then I must be as well.

Actually, the real issue at hand in the thread this one was originally talking about was NOT about WDW and federal rules. Actually it was about the needs of the disabled and Knott's Berry Farm. That thread is still there, though locked, and perhaps you should go back and read where it started.

We DO attempt to educate. I spend most days of my life educating. However, people don't like hearing, "It's federal law, get over it." (even if that is the truth) However, sometimes people have a better chance of listening if they hear a human story.

And I do want to say that, *please no flames, this is personal opinion* illness and disability can be two different things. for a long time i was ill/sick, but I was not disabled. So, depending on your aunt's situation, which I admit I do not know, it can be a very different thing. she may be looking for attention, sympathy, or just really need to talk to someone about something. I know nothing about her situation. But we were talking largely about disabilties, where we rely on the gov't and other entities, suchas disney, to intervene so we can live our lives as close to normal as possible. In general, illnesses that are not disabilties do not require such intervention (in general - obviously everyone is different!!) ourside of medical and perhaps financial care.

For a lot of us, we tell the personal stories because we CANNOT separate federal law and our own experiences. They are one in the same. Disability is part of our lives and identities. Sue, for example, probly does not go two or three minutes without her DD's wellbeing, health, or needs go through her mind *ADDED: WHILE IN DISNEY - although i assume she thinks about it at home too!!*. I am CONSTANTLY reminded of my illness while I type this, as my hands are not behaving today. We can no more avoid speaking about our disabilities/illnesses than a mother could describe herself without mentioning her children. So while some (and i mean "some" in general, no one specific) find us talking about our illnesses/disabilities distasteful or too personal, we cannot separate them from the rest of our lives *WHILE PLANNING AND ENJOYING A TRIP TO DISNEY...*

My apologies Sanchez, but when you use phrasing like "There are some on this side" (implying there is a this side and conversely, a that side or my side or whatever), " If it is your intent to" and "to walk a mile in your shoes" you should see how that could certainly lead a person to conclude you do not identify as a person with disabilities or a person with close family members with disabilities, hidden or otherwise. Also, given your posting history, I noticed this is your first forray into this forum. So much wonderful information to be found here, and yet THIS is the first thread you choose to post on? Just seems a little odd is all.

And, for the record, not everyone who disagrees with you is making some sort of attack.

LolaCola - you refer to "us" quite a few times. Are you making the assumption that I have no experience with disabilities? Slippery slope. You should read some of the "hidden disabilities" threads. I thought it was wrong to make assumptions as to whether someone is or is not disabled. Sorry that you do not consider me part of the "us."

By the way, logic dictates that if my post is mean spirited then I must be as well.

I also use the term "us," meaning that I am in fact part of the group I am speaking about. That in no way means YOU cannot be part of US, it just means that I am... I personally feel that you may be looking for reasons to disagree where there are none...

Also, your use of "this side" I found offensive, and very telling. If you are on "this side" that implies that 1) there ARE sides in this and 2) you are not on the same "side" as those you are arguing with.

Also, most of "us" (meaning those of us on this board) have not only READ the invisible/hidden disabilities threads, but we WROTE and were the subject of these threads...

Yes, the "fashionable" comment convinced me there was nothing whatsoever I could say to the OP of that thread. Some people ask a question seeking knowledge, which I'm always glad to answer. The OP of that thread had an agenda, and everytime she posted it just made me sad that there are people like that.

By "this side" I meant this forum where there seems to be general agreement. With that said, based on the original thread there genuinely appears to be sides taken (If sides were not taken why all the argument and need for this thread?) I do not think that I have taken a side, but have tried to find some positives where many think the post was completely negative. You may disagree with my opinions. (And LolaCola, I welcome disagreement but not attacks questioning my sincerity - yes you - and being labled as mean sprited.)

I have followed this site and this forum for many years. Do not assume that because I rarely post that I should be prevented from offering an opinion. Disabilities are not your personal domain. Further, just because I choose not to share my personal situation does not give you authority reach certain conclusions. I do not wish congratulations or sympathy from anyone but my family.

KPeveler, it is your right to say you are offended, but you seriously undermine your credibility with me by playing that card. Since you are quick to offer your opinions on my motives, allow me the opportunity to reply. It appears to me that you are offended by any position that is not in lockstep with yours, and thus you seek to exclude different or opposing points of view. You are violating one of the basic tenants of the disabilities forum - to accept everyone and give them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I have done so as well, but how can you have a meaningful conversation if everyone is always in agreement? I really do not understand your point about the "hidden disabilities" threads, but if you were instrumental in furthering the position that one should not be judged based on his/her appearance alone then you should know better than jump to conclusions about my qualifications to post opinions on this forum.

As evidenced by my post count, I have now exceeded my annual allotment. Thanks to all.

:humongus sigh:

The thread closed with something quoted from one of my posts and someone-- I feel from a certain group possibly-- AGAIN lying about what I posted. I think it was Hitler who was quoted as saying that the more you repeat a lie, the more people who will believe it.They said again and again that I WISHED harm on others, MAYBE is NOT wishing. It was meant in the capacity of others being in another's shoes so to speak, because one does not know until one is, regardless of how someone says they can and do know. I was also made aware that they accused me of using my child, etc for attention and called very vile names. I do not use my child for sympathy, I had just received shocking news from her surgeon, I was feeling hurt and sad and a little bitter over everything she goes through and we had started planning a trip to Disney for December to get our minds off of the surgeries and everything else she goes through, when I stumbled upon that post and it really made me sad and shocked. I was preparing my child for bowel surgery and possible colostomy (surgery was this Monday, it was a success, in addition to an analplasty, she had a bowel biopsy to confirm she had Hirschsprunger's Disease, she also had just over a pound of bm removed, poor baby! We just returned home today) and we are now focusing on her heart surgery on July 14th, to deal with so much stress and powerlessness and on and on and then read about people complaining about waiting in line...WOW, I would gladly wait in the longest line for her not to go through what she goes through! It kind of reminds me of when people complain about no wishes during their trips and I am thinking, wow, you are in Disney, that is a humongous wish come true, there are probably hundreds of thousands of people who wish they could just have one day in Disney, much less several days or multiple trips or what have you. I do not talk about my daughter's condition out in "real life" except for her doctors, her grandparents and a couple of very close friends, friendships that are decades old. I have to keep a smile on my face no matter how devastating the news is, and walk a fine line between being honest with my daughter and protecting her (as do many, many parents of special needs children). It is nice to have the internet to vent and share the struggles and joys and it helps strengthen me as I am sure it does others. Just because some see it as a way to get attention or whatever, I feel sorry that YOU (generic) think that way. It does not mean that I or others are guilty just because you (generic you) think that way, so as a person thinketh so is he or she.

I am incredibly thankful that her surgery was a success and she did not have a colostomy, one challenge down, others to go. There are many children that go through so much more than she does, as a VATERS/VACTERLS child, her condition is considered mild compared to other children with this association. Not to mention children with other challenges such as cancer, etc. The strength of these children and their caregivers humbles me and reminds me I have a lot to be thankful for. Meghan's issues are repairable...they repaired her spine, her anus, next her heart and are keeping an eye on her kidney, ribs, vertebrae, etc and there are surgeries to cover these issues too. Her gtube is a temporary thing, we plan on it being gone by next summer. We have a lot to be thankful for, including being able to stand in line, just like everyone else.

I will not be on very much, lots of doctor appointments and after surgery care before going to MUSC. I want to thank those of you who prayed for her, kept her in your thoughts, sent positive vibes her way and request that you continue to do so.

Enjoy your trips, my disABILITIESers, I hope they are as magical as can be, and pray in return for continued strength and joy for all of you, because there is joy, sometimes it is hard to find and can be small, but it is there if we search hard enough.

Disability is part of our[B/] lives and identities. Sue, for example, probly does not go two or three minutes without her DD's wellbeing, health, or needs go through her mind. I am CONSTANTLY reminded of my illness while I type this, as my hands are not behaving today. We can no more avoid speaking about our disabilities/illnesses than a mother could describe herself without mentioning her children. So while some (and i mean "some" in general, no one specific) find us talking about our illnesses/disabilities distasteful or too personal, we cannot separate them from the rest of our lives...

Warning; personal opinion coming up!!!
Now, that is a problem if you ask me personally, and one that I've seen more than once in my lifetime. A disability being part of your (general) identity. To me identity is something to describe the core of myself, the human being I am. In that core, in the inner most soul of who I am, being disabled is no more important than me happen to have greenish eyes. I have a hard time imagining people seeing a disability as part of their identity without it having some kind of negative ring/emotion to it.

I find the sentence of "we can no more avoid speaking about our disabilities/illnesses...." a bit chilling. And sad in a way. I mean..... there is so much more in life. I happen to be disabled, but most of my thoughts and conversations are not about any of that.

But than again, maybe it's me totally misreading a posting where K didn't mean avoid speaking about in general life but in the narrow content of a subject on the DIS about disabilities at WDW (hey, blame it on english not being my native tongue ;) ), maybe I'm missing some empathy-part or perhaps I'm just a weird person. Who knows?

KPeveler, it is your right to say you are offended, but you seriously undermine your credibility with me by playing that card. Since you are quick to offer your opinions on my motives, allow me the opportunity to reply. It appears to me that you are offended by any position that is not in lockstep with yours, and thus you seek to exclude different or opposing points of view. You are violating one of the basic tenants of the disabilities forum - to accept everyone and give them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I have done so as well, but how can you have a meaningful conversation if everyone is always in agreement? I really do not understand your point about the "hidden disabilities" threads, but if you were instrumental in furthering the position that one should not be judged based on his/her appearance alone then you should know better than jump to conclusions about my qualifications to post opinions on this forum.

Did I say that you were not qualified to post on this forum? I did not. I said that I was offended by the idea of there being "sides" as if this was a war. I am also curious how you so quickly decided that I am offended by ideas not in "lockstep" with mine. Are you not doing the exact same thing you accuse me of? I was offended by your choice of wording. You claim I am offended by everyone except those who exactly agree with me. As I have over 1300 posts, I must assume you have not read all of mine and cannot know all my varied opinions to make that judgement. I am confused how, based on my posts in this thread, you have come to the decision about my entire opinion of others. Clearly you were confused as to what I was saying. Let me repeat what I meant.

1) I did not like your wording of "sides," and find such divisive talk offensive (this is in keeping with that idea of tolerance that you were so recently writing about). I have been a "them" for a long time, and enjoy being an "us" on the board, and I am worried when I hear that we are now choosing "sides." I think that can only go badly.

2) When I use the term "us" it means I am included in the group I am speaking about. I did not mean that to exclude you in any way. I did not mean it to exclude anyone in any way. I merely meant that rather than say "the group of people with special needs/disabilities of which I am a part" i simply said "us."

3) When you directed someone to go back and read the posts about hidden disabilities, I was merely pointing out that we have read them, and even wrote them.

4) At what point did I say that you were not qualified to post in this forum?

Warning; personal opinion coming up!!!
Now, that is a problem if you ask me personally, and one that I've seen more than once in my lifetime. A disability being part of your (general) identity. To me identity is something to describe the core of myself, the human being I am. In that core, in the inner most soul of who I am, being disabled is no more important than me happen to have greenish eyes. I have a hard time imagining people seeing a disability as part of their identity without it having some kind of negative ring/emotion to it.

I find the sentence of "we can no more avoid speaking about our disabilities/illnesses...." a bit chilling. And sad in a way. I mean..... there is so much more in life. I happen to be disabled, but most of my thoughts and conversations are not about any of that.

But than again, maybe it's me totally misreading a posting where K didn't mean avoid speaking about in general life but in the narrow content of a subject on the DIS about disabilities at WDW (hey, blame it on english not being my native tongue ;) ), maybe I'm missing some empathy-part or perhaps I'm just a weird person. Who knows?

sorry, I was unclear. I did mean speaking about our disabilties when addressing things such as touring disney, and policies that affect the disabled. I did not really mean in daily life!! Although it does affect every part of daily life, I did not mean we HAVE to talk about it all the time. I meant that when people ask about touring plans or fast passes or GACs we cannot separate our plans from our needs. Sorry I was unclear. I did not mean to sound so negative.

No sorry needed, K. You being unclear, me not reading very well, it's all in the eye of the beholder and probably somewhere in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter