Another Day, Another Countdown... An August 2017 PTR *Updated 8/26 I'm back!*

January 2017 Recap

Hello again! I thought I’d do a recap of my most recent trip first, since that’s still relatively fresh in my head and my memory of my May 2015 trip won’t be any worse later than it already is. :sad2:

My January 2017 trip only started out as a single day trip and grew from there. I’d planned to travel down to see my dad shortly after Christmas and spend a week with him at his place near St. Pete. Typically we head to Epcot for the day whenever I visit and this trip was no exception. However, my sister (not the one who lives in England) and her family thought it might be doable for them to come down and join us! Yay! :hyper: So plans were made and I did a little brainstorming. You see, when I’m on extended Disney trips, I’m more apt to relax a bit (recovering park commando here). But when I’m only at Disney for the day? I like to pack things in. I knew I couldn’t keep that pace with my 1 and 3 year old niece and nephew, nor would I want to. I also couldn’t quite come to terms with not seeing my beloved Epcot (obviously with the kids we’d be hitting up MK!). So… what’s any good Diser to do than add a couple days on to her visit?! :rolleyes1 So, that’s exactly what this good Diser did! :thumbsup2 We’d go to Disney together on Wednesday, January 11 and I’d stay through Saturday at Pop Century. Done!

We arrived to my dad’s Sunday afternoon and had a couple fun-filled days at the aquarium and beach!

IMG_5104.JPG

IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG
But come Wednesday (not Monday, for any of you fellow Parrotheads out there...), it was time for me to do what any normal 34 year old does when preparing for a day at Disney. Don the proper attire. Obviously this meant a red dress with white polka dots and Minnie ears because… duh.

We made good time to MK (less than a 2 hour drive from my dad’s). We headed straight to Wilderness Lodge which is where the rest of my family was staying. Wait, what?! Back up. It just so happens that my dad’s girlfriend is a DVC member and stays at Disney a lot. My dad is also an Annual Passholder and stays with her and her family a lot. She very graciously invited my sister and her family to stay with them at the WL so we could all get in an extra day together – yippee! So that’s just what we did. This worked out well for me, too, because I got to visit a resort I’d never been to before – and holy cow is it beautiful!

IMG_5144.JPG

IMG_5145.JPG

IMG_5148.JPG

Soon, it was time to head to the park!

IMG_5149.JPG

@missangelalexis I guess I have been to Disney during "Christmas time" more recently than 1997... :rotfl: but when it's after Christmas, it doesn't quite have the same magic as when you go before. Not a complaint though! ;)

IMG_5152 (1).JPG

My 3 year old nephew Dominic was in heaven at MK (would you look at the awe in that kid's face?! :cloud9:) – he sure takes after his aunt, doesn’t he!? But my poor little nearly 2 year old niece GiGi… well, let’s just say she hasn’t caught the bug yet. The picture above was a rare moment of calm. Don’t worry… I haven’t given up all hope yet. She’s obsessed with Minnie Mouse, so that’s a start.

I'm at my photo limit so I'll close there for now!

Next up: more Magic Kingdom fun with the family! :goodvibes

Hello again! I thought I’d do a recap of my most recent trip first, since that’s still relatively fresh in my head and my memory of my May 2015 trip won’t be any worse later than it already is. :sad2:

Oh, dear.

You see, when I’m on extended Disney trips, I’m more apt to relax a bit (recovering park commando here).

Hi Tracy!
Welcome to DPCTA*

*Disney Park Commando Touring Anonymous.

But when I’m only at Disney for the day? I like to pack things in.

Rope drop to close?

So… what’s any good Diser to do than add a couple days on to her visit?!

::yes::

img_5104-jpg.233694

Cute shot.

:wave2: Hi Tracy!

Don the proper attire. Obviously this meant a red dress with white polka dots and Minnie ears because… duh.

I'm so ashamed.
I've never donned a red dress with polka dots and Minnie ears.

So, so ashamed.

We made good time to MK (less than a 2 hour drive from my dad’s).

That's almost the same as me!
Well... it's 30 hours.
But close!

She very graciously invited my sister and her family to stay with them at the WL so we could all get in an extra day together – yippee!

Nice!

holy cow is it beautiful!

::yes:: Love WL. Haven't stayed there, but been a couple times.

Huh. Practically empty.

would you look at the awe in that kid's face?!

::yes:: :goodvibes

But my poor little nearly 2 year old niece GiGi… well, let’s just say she hasn’t caught the bug yet.

:laughing: She's looking at the crowds in the above photo and wondering how that's going to affect wait times for Dumbo.

I'm a few days late, but I'm here!

I'm SO excited to see you back on the DIS! Hooray for upcoming trips (and an annual pass - so jealous!) as well as recaps of your most recent trips! I'm also looking forward to hearing about a particular DISmeet! ;) Congratulations on your Masters-in-progress as well!

The Wilderness Lodge IS beautiful - Anika and I visited for dinner at Artist Point during the 2015 trip and my mom and I stayed for a few days during our 2016 trip. It's a really cool resort and the proximity to MK is awesome! I always love visiting the different Disney resorts even if I'm not staying there.

I love the look on your nephew's face on Main Street! I can't wait to see his reactions to the rest of MK! :goodvibes

Adding extra Disney days is always necessary!!

Ohh how nice you got to explore WL! I've never been there but it looks lovely!

It's so funny because the first time I experienced "Christmas" at Disney it was in January too! While it's nice to see the decorations, it's still not the same! Therefore, you still need to keep "Christmas time" on your bucket list ;) ;)

Can't wait to hear about your MK day!

Oh, dear.
Yeah... my memory... it ain't great :sad2:

Welcome to DPCTA*
Thank goodness! I was hoping there was a support group for this... :rolleyes1

Rope drop to close?
Guilty.

Cute shot.
Isn't it?! :cloud9:

I'm so ashamed.
I've never donned a red dress with polka dots and Minnie ears.
What!? This is blasphemy!

Well... it's 30 hours.
But close!
Yeah... it's practically the same distance!

Huh. Practically empty.
Right?! This picture is actually quite deceiving. It was pretty good crowd-wise. Not great, but I'm thinking no time at Disney really is for crowd-level anymore.

She's looking at the crowds in the above photo and wondering how that's going to affect wait times for Dumbo.
YES!!!!!!!! See, she's got this whole Disney thing down. I definitely wasn't giving her nearly the credit she rightly deserved!

I'm a few days late, but I'm here!
Yay!!! Happy to have you along :goodvibes

I'm SO excited to see you back on the DIS!
And same goes for you!

The Wilderness Lodge IS beautiful
It was absolutely incredible. My goal is to stay at all the resorts someday... and I'm anxious for this one!

I love the look on your nephew's face on Main Street!
I know, it was just magical :cloud9:

popcorn:: Joining-in!
Welcome! So happy to have you along!!! :goodvibes

Adding extra Disney days is always necessary!!

Ohh how nice you got to explore WL!
Yes, it was so much fun to be there. I'd seen pictures for years and years, but it was truly amazing to be right in there myself. I keep telling myself I'll resort hop, but then it's hard to take myself away from the parks. Someday I'll do more of it!

While it's nice to see the decorations, it's still not the same!
Exactly! It was so funny though, because I had recently said in your TR that I haven't been to Disney during Christmas in two decades and then I went to post that picture of Main Street with all the Christmas decorations and immediately thought of that comment I'd made just a few days ago :laughing:

Therefore, you still need to keep "Christmas time" on your bucket list ;) ;)
YES!!! :thumbsup2

Yeah... my memory... it ain't great :sad2:

Sorry... I forgot what we were talking about.

Thank goodness! I was hoping there was a support group for this... :rolleyes1

We meet every other Thursday.

What!? This is blasphemy!

I said I was ashamed...

Right?! This picture is actually quite deceiving. It was pretty good crowd-wise. Not great, but I'm thinking no time at Disney really is for crowd-level anymore.

Yeah... that's true, isn't it? Go in the slowest times and... it's busy.

YES!!!!!!!! See, she's got this whole Disney thing down. I definitely wasn't giving her nearly the credit she rightly deserved!

:laughing:

January 2017 Recap Part II
When last we left off, we had arrived to Magic Kingdom and the kids had their first glimpses of the magical world of Disney parks.

We headed straight for Buzz!

IMG_5154.JPG

Dominic looks a little apprehensive but I promise he was absolutely thrilled! Especially when he saw the big Buzz Lightyear standing before him!

After battling it out on Buzz (and it wasn't much of a battle, to be honest, as Dominic probably even scored better than I did... while I do enjoy this ride, I'm absolutely terrible at it) we headed straight for the PeopleMover – one of my favorites (see previous TR title for confirmation).

IMG_5159.JPG

Isn't Dominic just the cutest?! :goodvibes

IMG_5160.JPG

Sister picture! :cutie: You can see GiGi's hair to the other side of my sister. Don't know why the poor child didn't make it into the picture. If I had to guess, I'd say she was probably crying... :sad2:

I don’t know that I got the obligatory “foot” picture on PeopleMover but in my defense, we were all stuffed pretty tightly into a single ride vehicle so there really wasn’t much room for such maneuvers. No dancing was had either...

After catching up with my pal Mr. Morrow, it was time to head for Dumbo!

IMG_5163.JPG

And soon after we found some seats for the parade. As if Dominic wasn’t already sold on the whole Disney thing, we sealed the deal with the parade. He was absolutely mesmerized, as you can see!

IMG_5173.JPG

At that point, the kids needed naps and I wandered off to do my own thing at Epcot. We rejoined the next day for a late brunch at Chef Mickey’s after I spent some more solo time at Epcot. I honestly have no idea why I failed to take more pictures... guess it was a combo of trying (for once) to soak it all up without snapping away every five second as per my usual course of action AND because I didn't think I'd be doing a TR! :sad2:

IMG_5188.JPG

As you can see, Dominic loved the experience! GiGi, not so much. She found the characters pretty overwhelming and just wasn’t feeling it. But Dominic couldn’t get enough! He even went over to Donald and innocently patted him on his backside to get his attention. Adorable.

My sister failed to remember to put on her "Beauty" shirt at the start of the day, but I quickly righted that horrendous wrong and demanded a picture once she had (she didn't wear it to Chef Mickey's, but had it at the ready? So much to teach that one...). "Someone" wasn't in much of a picture-taking mood... not naming names of course... :rolleyes1

IMG_5192.JPG

Beauty and the Beast... a match made in heaven, no? :cloud9:

We spent some more time together at MK and then it was time for their contingent to head back to my dad’s place and me off in search of more Disney fun! I had the rest of the day and all of Friday to myself and packed in lots of fun activities including meeting some old friends.

IMG_5194.JPG

Okay, not those friends... but these!

IMG_5195.JPG

:sad1::sad1::sad1: RIP Carrie. :sad1::sad1::sad1:

IMG_5196.JPG

It was a great, albeit short (at Disney) trip and I’m already pleading with the gang to have a re-do this coming January. I love spending time with my family at Disney and I’ve gotta make good use of my AP!

Next: August updates!

Yeah! So pleased you have a new report started!! Welcome back, and congrats on your schooling progress :)
Thank you SO much!!! I had really missed my Dis fam :goodvibes And when school starts back up next month, I have promised myself I'll juggle it all a whole lot better! :thumbsup2 So happy to have you here :goodvibes

Dominic looks so happy in all the pictures! :goodvibes It's too bad GiGi was not as big of a fan, but I feel like kids that age can have a love/hate relationship with Disney (so many colors and things to look at vs. who are those scary furry creatures that are trying to touch me?!). I'm sure her love of Disney will improve with age. ;)

A few solo days sound DELIGHTFUL! Sounds like a lovely trip!

Dominic looks a little apprehensive but I promise he was absolutely thrilled!

He does look a little "Not feeling it".

After battling it out on Buzz (and it wasn't much of a battle, to be honest, as Dominic probably even scored better than I did... while I do enjoy this ride, I'm absolutely terrible at it)

Oh! So you suck at Buzz?

We can ride together then.

Isn't Dominic just the cutest?! :goodvibes

You can see GiGi's hair to the other side of my sister. Don't know why the poor child didn't make it into the picture. If I had to guess, I'd say she was probably crying... :sad2:

Uh, oh. A reoccurring theme that trip?

I don’t know that I got the obligatory “foot” picture on PeopleMover but in my defense, we were all stuffed pretty tightly into a single ride vehicle so there really wasn’t much room for such maneuvers.

Hmmm.... I dunno.....

I suppose that's a legit reason.
I'll let it go this time.

But there better be one in your next trip.

No dancing was had either...

:laughing:

Cute shot of you guys.

At that point, the kids needed naps and I wandered off to do my own thing at Epcot.

That's the briefest TR report I've ever read!

a late brunch at Chef Mickey’s after I spent some more solo time at Epcot.

I stand corrected. That's the briefest.

I honestly have no idea why I failed to take more pictures... guess it was a combo of trying (for once) to soak it all up without snapping away every five second as per my usual course of action AND because I didn't think I'd be doing a TR! :sad2:

And that's perfectly okay! :)

Awww... She's so pretty.

Minnie's okay too.

As you can see, Dominic loved the experience! GiGi, not so much. She found the characters pretty overwhelming and just wasn’t feeling it.

I get that. My girls were the same when they were really little.

He even went over to Donald and innocently patted him on his backside to get his attention. Adorable.

:lmao:

Beauty and the Beast... a match made in heaven, no? :cloud9:

packed in lots of fun activities including meeting some old friends.

img_5194-jpg.235857

Oh? So who are those people behind the Storm troopers?

Okay, not those friends... but these!

img_5195-jpg.235858

Bit of a Star Wars geek are we? :)

:sad1::sad1::sad1: RIP Carrie. :sad1::sad1::sad1:

Too soon. And too sudden!

How much were you loving that?? :laughing:

I'm here! Your January trip sounds great so far. Love the mix of the family and some quality time. Looking forward to hearing more about that and your August trip, which will be over my birthday, so you'll have to do some disney celebrating for me!

OMG! Me too! And I don't even want to admit how many times I have rode it, without ever getting better. LOL!
SAME HERE! It'd be embarrassing! :rolleyes1 I just don't "get it" even though I love it!

I'm sure her love of Disney will improve with age.
Yes, I agree! :thumbsup2

A few solo days sound DELIGHTFUL!
I love my solo time at Disney. Mainly because I don't like to compromise :laughing:

He does look a little "Not feeling it".
Right? But I think he was just in awe :scratchin

Oh! So you suck at Buzz?

We can ride together then.
YES! Anytime! ::yes::

A reoccurring theme that trip?
Oh yeah... :sad2:

But there better be one in your next trip
That's a promise! :thumbsup2

Cute shot of you guys.
Thanks! :goodvibes

That's the briefest TR report I've ever read!
:laughing: Fooled ya there, didn't I?!

I stand corrected. That's the briefest.
There ya go...

Awww... She's so pretty.

Minnie's okay too.
You sure know the way to a girl's heart, don't ya? ;)

Bit of a Star Wars geek are we?
:rolleyes1

How much were you loving that??
Um, a LOT! :laughing: He's lucky I didn't demand he pick me right up into his cuddly arms ::yes:::laughing:

I'm here!
Yay!!! So happy you're here, Kari! :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more about that and your August trip, which will be over my birthday, so you'll have to do some disney celebrating for me!
Oh, I will! I might have to get tipsy in your honor ;)

Happy to have you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter