Another chain restaurant topic - which ones are gone or just missing in action in your area?

The latest Covid casualty in our area is Abuelos. Ate there a week or two ago, planned to take DD16 there this weekend for being a big help. Sadly they've closed for good. Appliances are out front. On the Border is not as good.... I really miss Chevy's, but there's none in TN and the one near WDW closed.

I hate to be be a downer here, but I recently went through a divorce. My memories of going to Showbiz Pizza Place has kept me from committing suicide. I owe a lot to The Rock-afire Explosion...

York Steak House. It was a chain cafeteria style steak place like Ponderosa or Bonanza, where you'd get a tray and silverware, order at the head of the line, get your salad and drink and dessert, and then they'd bring your steak out to your table. It was in our local mall and we ate there pretty frequently in the 1970s before it closed in 1991.

We found out there's ONE left, in Columbus, Ohio, it's a family owned restaurant now but they kept everything identical to when it was a chain, down to the English Tudor decor. We took a trip out to eat there and wow, it was GREAT. Just like we remembered and the sirloin steak tips were fantastic. It was a long drive but we'll definitely go back!

I grew up just a few miles from the one in Columbus! I haven't been there since...well, a reaaaaaaaaal looooooonnnnng time ago!

Our wing stop and several non chain restaurants are still closed and being worked on since the Ida damage in september. The good news is it looks like one of the non chains is going to reopen within the month!

There was a Wendy's at the Southland Shopping Center in Toledo. It burned down in January 2014.

Attachments

• Wendys Feb-13-2014 001 (Small).jpg
    Wendys Feb-13-2014 001 (Small).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Wendys Feb-13-2014 003 (Small).jpg
    Wendys Feb-13-2014 003 (Small).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Wendys Feb-13-2014 004 (Small).jpg
    Wendys Feb-13-2014 004 (Small).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Wendys Feb-13-2014 007 (Small).jpg
    Wendys Feb-13-2014 007 (Small).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1
There was a KFC in Maumee, Ohio that burned down in June of last year. It's being demolished.

Attachments

• KFC Maumee.jpg
    KFC Maumee.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter