• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Adventure Begins

Glad you had a great time. I have heard this complaint about D23 events many times. I agree 100% that the friends you experience things with more than make up for any organized activity, Disney or otherwise.

There was alot that disappointed me about the D23 events. However, the friendship and "Good Times" made up for rhe problems with the scavenger hunt

I definitely agree Skip! The scavenger hunt wouldn't have been nearly as much fun if we didn't do it together. The laughs and jokes more than made up for the heat and frustration . . . well maybe not the heat. :laughing:

Overall, it was a great two days and I am looking forward to doing it again next year!!

I definitely agree Skip! The scavenger hunt wouldn't have been nearly as much fun if we didn't do it together. The laughs and jokes more than made up for the heat and frustration . . . well maybe not the heat. :laughing:

Overall, it was a great two days and I am looking forward to doing it again next year!!

My favorite thing happened in China. Just sayin' :lmao:

As for the heat.......They need to do this in the winter or Fall. Speaking of Fall, what would have been wrong with holding 40th anniversary events around the time of the actual 40th anniversary?????:confused3

Also, I was very turned off by the Saturday speaker who said that she is not emotionally attached to Walt Disney World attractions. While I do respect her feelings, but why is someone who feels that way speaking at an event honoring Walt Disney World?????

Oh, and Shelly, that crate at the end of the 15 part question.......that we spent an hour looking for......dont worry.....nobody else found it either. It was not there.....just like the walled-off truck and closed attractions.

I'm coming back next year for the fun and laughter though. :) My team was AWESOME!

what's e ticket?

just hanging out in the park doing nothing with Shelly and Teresa was an absolute blast for me last summer, so i'm sure even a bad scavenger hunt would be too!!!

hope i can be there next year and be on your team, Skip!!!

Tomorrow's another day, Skip !

One step at a time.

I suspect some Star Wars magic is just around the corner for you....

:wizard:

"The force is strong in this one"

Also, I was very turned off by the Saturday speaker who said that she is not emotionally attached to Walt Disney World attractions. While I do respect her feelings, but why is someone who feels that way speaking at an event honoring Walt Disney World?????

Um....because she's head of the Walt Disney Archives and knows a lot about Walt Disney World, just in a different way than you do.

Um....because she's head of the Walt Disney Archives and knows a lot about Walt Disney World, just in a different way than you do.

I can totally understand your reaction, Skip. However, I have more of an issue with this speaker admitting this to an audience filled with Disney enthusiasts. There really wasn't any point in her saying that during a presentation.

I can totally understand your reaction, Skip. However, I have more of an issue with this speaker admitting this to an audience filled with Disney enthusiasts. There really wasn't any point in her saying that during a presentation.

The statement just plain bothered me. Plus, her presentation followed a 30 minute sales pitch. "Don't forget to renew." "Signup (pay) for more events."

Sunday was fantastic though.

I know a lot about Universal, but I am not the right person to speak to an audience of Universal fans.

I personally feel that there should have been a balance of knowledge and passion.

I really enjoyed Dave Smith's presentation. His passion shined through.

I know a lot about Universal, but I am not the right person to speak to an audience of Universal fans.

I personally feel that there should have been a balance of knowledge and passion.

I really enjoyed Dave Smith's presentation. His passion shined through.

Skip, be the change you want to see.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining. This one was lined with silver glitter! I had a really fun team!!!!

So what was the joke with the doormat? :confused3

And eTicket is the DIS's app for WDW.

Sayhello

Got 2 tickets to the 5:00pm Hoop Dee Doo tonight at the very last minute. :)

Tomorrow, SeaWorld!!!!:love:

Another good trip with friends and family. I did learn that D23 is not for me, but you dont know until you try something. Overall a fun trip. The moral of this trip is: "When you get a lemon, make Teresa a Morocan Pink Lemonade."

I did learn that D23 is not for me, but you dont know until you try something.

I don't want to start an argument with you buddy, but I have to say...I don't think you gave it a chance.

I know that D23 isn't for everyone, but I don't think you wanted to like it before you even got there, and you were just looking for a reason to complain.

I am glad you had a good time at Sunday's events though and it was great to see you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter