ANNUAL READING GOAL CHALLENGE for 2015!

Yep, I already have the books I am going to read ready.

The Cinderella Murder by Mary Higgins Clark (finished today)

The Lost Key by Catherine Coulter

The Job by Janet Evanovich

And then two others that I can't remember the names of yet because of I not put them into Goodreads yet.

I'd love to join! How does it work, do we check in when we finish a book?

I'll set my goal for 32. I'm re-reading the Outlander series, just started Dragonfly In Amber so I still have most of them to get through. I'll skip the last one since I just finished that a couple months ago. Might start the Lord John series after I'm done. Anyone read those, are they worth it?

I'll join this year. I will go with 30. Hopefully it will be more but I'll start with 30.

Currently reading Wool by Hugh Howey. Really like it. Looking forward to reading Stephen King's Revival.

I am loving Book Bub's daily email. I have been downloading a ton of free and .99 cent books every week.

MJ

I'm in for 25 books this year.
I've been working my way through the series and it's been a bit of a slow hall. I just have the last book left and then I have a bunch of fun stuff lined up on my kindle.

This sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to join in. My reading goal for this year is 26 books.

There are a few different series that I would like to finish this year and there are many books that I have bought over the past few years that I need to read. :)

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else is reading and am sure I will be adding many titles to my "to be read" list. :goodvibes

I'm in again, but for fewer books this year. I have requests for three more afghans, a 70th birthday bash to organize and a wedding to (help) plan, so I'll have less time to read this year. I'll set my sights for 30 and hope to exceed my goal.

I'm eager to read the newest books by any of my favorite authors: Anne Perry, Charles Todd, Jacqueline Winspear, Victoria Thompson, Louise Penny, Charles Finch, and of course, any new Jane Austen fanfic (usually referred by portia9!)

Queen Colleen

Sounds as if you have a busy year coming up.

Check out The Jane Austen Project-they are modern retellings by well known authors of Austen's work. I have read two so far and I liked them (especially Emma by Alexander McCall Smith). They aren't all released yet.

I'm in. Since I more than doubled last year's goal, this years will be 150 books. I promise I'll be better about keeping updated. I just posted my updates to the 2014 thread.

I really don't have a 2015 list yet. Off to Amazon to see what's new!

Hi
I didn't make my goal last year, so I'm setting it lower this year.

I'll try for 24 books.

I'm looking forward to read these books:
the Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)
Big Little lies by Liane Moriarty
And I'd like to try the Game of Thrones serie to compare it to the tv show

Can't wait to add some more books out of all the recommendations from the favorite books of 14 thread

Well I WANTED to start the year with Symbiont, the second book in Mira Grant's Parasitology series, but after binge watching Parts Unknown all week, I start Anthony Bourdain's The Nasty Bits instead:rotfl:.

Hi! I followed this thread last year and want to join to stay motivated! I am going to shoot for fifty.
I just started the Uglies series. Nothing else in the wings!
Thanks!

I'd love to join! How does it work, do we check in when we finish a book?

It's pretty much up to you. Some people check in after every book, copy a description from Goodreads or elsewhere, then review it. Some people just list what they've read. And some people just post about the occassional, "noteworthy" book and say how many they've read. You do what's comfortable for you.

Yay! Get to list #1 for 2015

Goal 72

#1 All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Great book!

From the jacket: What Would You Change?
"Imprisioned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.
Only Em can complete the final instruction. She's tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present--imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside."

Finished my first book of 2015! We're on a roll! :rotfl:

Goal = 80

1. The 11th Plague by Jeff Hirsch

This was a YA dystopian novel. I did like it but the author could have gone more into what happened before this story started and a little more detail about some things.

From Goodreads: In an America devastated by war and plague, the only way to survive is to keep moving.

In the aftermath of a war, America’s landscape has been ravaged and two-thirds of the population left dead from a vicious strain of influenza. Fifteen-year-old Stephen Quinn and his family were among the few that survived and became salvagers, roaming the country in search of material to trade. But when Stephen’s grandfather dies and his father falls into a coma after an accident, Stephen finds his way to Settler’s Landing, a community that seems too good to be true. Then Stephen meets strong, defiant, mischievous Jenny, who refuses to accept things as they are. And when they play a prank that goes horribly wrong, chaos erupts, and they find themselves in the midst of a battle that will change Settler’s Landing--and their lives--forever.

Yay! Get to list #1 for 2015

Goal 72

#1 All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Great book!

From the jacket: What Would You Change?
"Imprisioned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.
Only Em can complete the final instruction. She's tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present--imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside."

Ooo, this looks good. Added to my list!

Hi
worm by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)
Big Little lies by Liane Moriarty
And I'd like to try the Game of Thrones serie to compare it to the tv show

Can't wait to add some more books out of all the recommendations from the favorite books of 14 thread

I started the Game of Thrones books in 2014 even though they are SO not my genre...and now I'm obsessed. Currently on the 4th. BUT I am not a fan of the show. I tried, got through a few episodes and was really disappointed, because I got so into the novels. I do find however, if I read the books first I don't care for the movie/show, but if I see the movie/show first, I can still get into the books. I did that with Dexter and was able to enjoy both on their own, but hated True Blood after loving the books. Maybe I'm a weirdo, lol!!

I look forward to hearing how you feel about the series if you start it!!

Finished my first book of 2015! We're on a roll! :rotfl:

So does this mean that books we started in 2014, but finished in 2015 count as the first this year? I kind of wondered how Goodreads would count it. Coincidently, last year I finished one New Year's Eve eve, and started the next book on New Year's Day morning. Or did you get up at the crack of dawn and read, read, read?

I am in for 52. I can not think of anything in particular I want to read. I grab whatever looks good at the library or free on my kindle. Reading is the one hobby DH says doesn't cost me money :lmao:

So does this mean that books we started in 2014, but finished in 2015 count as the first this year? I kind of wondered how Goodreads would count it. Coincidently, last year I finished one New Year's Eve eve, and started the next book on New Year's Day morning. Or did you get up at the crack of dawn and read, read, read?

LOL, I started it in 14 but finished it today so I count it as 15. Goodreads does too because how would they know when I started it anyway. But you could do it any way you want to! I've got another one I am halfway through so I'll probably finish that today too. Good start to the new year. It will make up for when I slack off and don't read at all for a couple of weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter