ANNUAL READING GOAL CHALLENGE for 2015!

I'm in again. I will try for 40 books in 2015.

I am looking forward to two Stephen King books which are on my e-library waiting list: Mr. Mercedes and Revival. Also Paris Winter and Natchez Burning. I've never read any Greg Iles books so not sure how I will like this one.

I have a stack of hard copies too: The Kitchen House, The Paris Wife, a couple of Kate Atkinson books, The Night Circus, The Monuments Men.

Put me down for 45 since I did 42 in 2014. I'm currently in the middle of the Princess Diaries series so looking forward to finishing that (I kind of love Mia Thermopolis). Also looking for to the Infinite Sea and all the Colleen Hoover books I just added to goodreads because Hopeless and Finding Hope were amazing.

I'm so glad you mentioned "Hopeless". I saw that and was wondering. I've read a couple other Colleen Hoover books and when I saw that one, I was interested. Thanks for the recommendation!

I got in 4 this year :rotfl2:

But, that's 4 more than 2013. Let's make it 5 for 2015 :thumbsup2

Edit: Next up "Out Of Range" by CJ Box

Thank you for starting it again three moms

I want 52 boooks again I am in the middle of pretty little liars and then starting the lying game so I am up for recommendations

I'm in again, but for fewer books this year. I have requests for three more afghans, a 70th birthday bash to organize and a wedding to (help) plan, so I'll have less time to read this year. I'll set my sights for 30 and hope to exceed my goal.

I'm eager to read the newest books by any of my favorite authors: Anne Perry, Charles Todd, Jacqueline Winspear, Victoria Thompson, Louise Penny, Charles Finch, and of course, any new Jane Austen fanfic (usually referred by portia9!)

Queen Colleen

Guess I'll stick with 72 as my goal. I've gone over the last 2 years but don't want to increase the goal yet, lol.
I don't have anything in particular in mind to read, waiting for some good reviews from my fellow challengers, lol.

#1 All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (5)
#2 The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card (2)
#3 Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight (5)
#4 Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens (3.5)
#5 Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (4.9)
#6 Cop Town by Karin Slaughter (4)
#7 Pines by Blake Crouch (4)
#8 Child of Mine by David & Beverly Lewis (3.5)
#9 When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead (4)
#10 The Perfect Mother by Nina Darnton (1)
#11 The Here and Now by Ann Brashares (3)
#12 A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux (4.5)
#13 The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (4.5)
#14 No Way Back by Andrew Gross (3.5)
#15 The Summons by John Grisham (4.9)
#16 You Could Be Home By Now by Tracy Manaster (3)
#17 Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (4.9)
#18 Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson (3)
#19 The Wild Truth by Carine McCandless (3)
#20 A Killing In The Hills by Julia Keller (4.5)
#21 Mallory's Oracle (3.9)
#22 My Real Children by Jo Walton (4)
#23 Blood Harvest by S. J. Bolton (4)
#24 Bird Box by Josh Malerman (3.9)
#25 Blood Red Road by Moira Young (4.9)
#26 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (3)
#27 The Witness Wore Red by Rebecca Musser (4)
#28 Days of Little Texas by R.A.Nelson (3.5)
#29 Rebel Heart by Moira Young (4.8)
#30 The Distance Between Lost And Found (5)
#31 Home to Harmony by Philip Gulley (4)
#32 Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (6)
#33 The Sacrifice by Joyce Carol Oates (3)
#34 A Fine & Private Place by Peter S. Beagle (3.9)
#35 The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (3.9)
#36 Raging Star by Moira Young (4.9)
#37 Before He Finds Her by Michael Kardos (5)
#38 Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes (4)
#39 The Tie That Binds by Kent Haruf (6)
#40 Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer (5)
#41 Now You See Me by S. J. Bolton (3.5)
#42 Pale Harvest by Braden Hepner (2)
#43 The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (4+)
#44 The Lost Children by Mary MacCracken (4+)
#45 The Troop by Nick Cutter (3)
#46 Cover of Snow by Jenny Milchman (4)
#47 Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin (4.9)
#48 I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells (3)
#49 The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins (4.9)
#50 Neverland by Douglas Clegg (3)
#51 A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin (5)
#52 The Farm by Tom Rob Smith (4)
#53 A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (4.9)
#54 A Natural Death by Nancy Price(4)
#55 Now You See Her by Joy Fielding (3.5)
#56 Night Woman by Nancy Price (4.9)
#57 Sleeping with the Enemy by Nancy Price (3)
#58 The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf (4.5)
#59 The Name of The Star by Maureen Johnson (3.9)
#60 The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters (4)
#61 I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark (4.5)
#62 Raven Black by Ann Cleeves (3)
#63 The Never List by Koethi Zan (4.5)
#64 Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter (5+)
#65 That Night by Chevy Stevens(4.9)
#66 The Killer Next Door by Alex Marwood(5)
#67 The Martian by Andy Weir (4.5)
#68 Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey (5)

Last edited:
I think I'll go for 80 books this year.

I dont know which ones I am looking forward to most but I want to read more different authors and some classics.

I'll finish this year with 6 books. I'm currently working on Gone Girl and should finish by New Years Eve.

Put me down for 12 again. I'm looking forward to reading my way through the Harry Potter series this winter. I've only made it through book three before, so it'll be nice to go through the whole thing.

I'm a student and increased my credits this spring, so I'm starting off with something easy.

I need to get in the habit of reading more again. I think I'll set a goal of 12.

As I only managed 15 out of 50 in 2014 I am going to go with 30 this year.

I say if you finish it in 2015, then it counts towards your 2015 goal. I *think* Goodreads also goes by the finish date as well.

That's good to know as I started reading the first book of the Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring, this month. Next question is how should it be counted? As three books or as one big tome? :scratchin

I am most excited about trying to read the Lord of the Rings. I got my first copy (the 4 book boxed set) as a kid back in the early 80's, and I have started reading it many times, but never finished it. This time I want to read the entire book!

Allenfane

I'm joining in for 2015! I read 96 books in 2014 (and am on page 556/1172 in Stephen King's The Stand right now) so I'm going to set a goal of 90. I'm most looking forward to The Bone Tree (Greg Iles) set to be released in April, and reading Philippa Gregory's newest novel, The King's Curse.

Thanks for setting this up for the new year! I would like to join again! I fell off the posting last fall but did make my goal. My goal is 40 again this year and plan to keep better track of this thread. I love the recommendations and being able to discuss books. :goodvibes

I would like to join this challenge for the year.

I will go for 25 books as I am trying to finish a masters degree and I'm sure those books don't count. :lmao:

I am going to break out of my normal romance read and will enjoying hearing what some of you have read so I can read and enjoy a different world.

Thanks for coordinating this threeboysmom.

I'm in for 30 books.

I'm looking forward to finally finishing the Harry Potter series and reading more Agatha Christie.

I am going to say 30 this year.

I am most looking forward to The Beekeepers Son by Kelly Irvin and books by Jody Hedlund and Holly Gerth among others.

OK, what's a slog? Is that a good thing or bad? :confused3 lol

1. To walk or progress with a slow heavy pace; plod: slog across the swamp; slogged through both volumes.
2. To work diligently for long hours: slogged away at Latin.v.tr.
1. To make (one's way) with a slow heavy pace against resistance.
2. To strike with heavy blows.n.
1. A long exhausting march or hike: a slog through miles of jungle.
2. A long session of hard work: an 18-hour slog in the hay fields.

It was a LONG, arduous read. This was one of my least favorite Outlander books; however, I love the characters in this saga and the continuity and I just need to know how it will all end, but I don't think she will ever truly finish this story!! Kind of like the Game of Thrones books!

Updated through here! Please make sure I haven't missed anyone up to this point or incorrectly typed your book goal in the first post.

I got in 4 this year :rotfl2:

But, that's 4 more than 2013. Let's make it 5 for 2015 :thumbsup2

Edit: Next up "Out Of Range" by CJ Box

I'm proud of you, Gumbo!! :goodvibes

That's good to know as I started reading the first book of the Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring, this month. Next question is how should it be counted? As three books or as one big tome? :scratchin

Personally, I'd count it as 3 books myself.

It was a LONG, arduous read. This was one of my least favorite Outlander books; however, I love the characters in this saga and the continuity and I just need to know how it will all end, but I don't think she will ever truly finish this story!! Kind of like the Game of Thrones books!

Wait, so #8 is not the last book?? It doesn't end?? For some reason, I thought the last book was it... that it would tie up all the loose ends and actually bring about a satisfactory conclusion to the saga. Wow, I had no idea there would be more books coming...

Wait, so #8 is not the last book?? It doesn't end?? For some reason, I thought the last book was it... that it would tie up all the loose ends and actually bring about a satisfactory conclusion to the saga. Wow, I had no idea there would be more books coming...

#7 was supposed to be the last book...and it wasn't. I thought this one was too. And I guess it could be. She ended it in a way that kind of didn't leave any loose ends. But it wasn't an "epic" ending as I expected. So, I'm not sure...

Hello! I would like to read 24 books :)

I am really looking forward to starting the Kingdom Keepers series!

I will join again and hopefully do better meeting my goal this time, since I only managed to get 10 of the 30 books I planned to read this year finished-actually I'm about 85% through with number 10 right now, hoping to finish tonight or tomorrow. I'll set my goal a little lower for 2015 at 20 and hope to exceed it. Since I've gotten so many ideas for books to read from this year's thread I have plenty of options on my list to choose from!

I'll weigh in on the Outlander series being "finished" with book number 8-I think that's up to the author. My idea of a story being "finished" didn't exactly occur at the end of the book. I suppose considering the popularity of the series there are infinite stories that could be told with these characters and if Diana Gabaldon chooses to write about them, I will continue reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter