Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all just need to take a step back, take multiple breathes, and simply wait for the official email. Disney isn't going to drop the ball on this one. Like others said, Disney IT underestimated the cunningness of the hardcore fanatics and were testing on a link that was used before. On a more positive note, with all the refreshing of this thread, we are doing a hell of a job boosting the views for Disboards - the advertisers will love it! :)
I can't imagine how frustrating this is for those working on the launch. Like, CHILL PEOPLE.

Well, maybe those that got through were only there when the programmers opened it for a minute. They were the lucky ones to get in. Now it is "down". All I need is the latest spot on August 20th. Nobody register for that please :rotfl2:
This. As someone who has run promotions on (a much MUCH smaller scale) for my personal website, I have to put somethings LIVE while I'm working on them, as a final test to make sure that everything works out. I might have my husband or my kids login to the link as a final test to make sure there are no errors and that the code is all correct. If, by some chance, someone were to stumble upon the specific link I set up while I'm in 'test' mode, they would be able to successfully register, and it would appear as if it were up and fully functional... but in fact, it would be intermittently up/down while while I finalize text, edit code, and double check everything.
I was not able to get in, but I'm not stressing... the few who got in this morning, were likely to have gotten in during the very small window of time that the link was "LIVE" in order to finalize testing... My guess is that, in the future, Disney may elect to create an event specific registration page, so that no one can register before the site is officially published.
The number of people who got in this am is likely very very small, and I'm sure there will still be room in all slots available, when the link officially goes live later on today.

I know a lot of you are new to the AP registration process. This is how it's been for a while.
Boards like these have people that have been doing this for quiet a few events, we know how it works
I know a lot of you put faith in the "email" delivery. This has not been the best way to register. The link always goes live before the emails are sent. And yes right now they are testing the link to have it ready for wide released. Those that got registered got in through the testing period and their registration is valid.
You all have an upper hand on those who are solely waiting on an email

Please bear with me. So, we think this is a non-active link that a handful of people w=got lucky enough to bypass (through a test link) this morning? What evidence do we have for this being the case?

For those with a countdown number, did it appear right after clicking the link, or was the link open for awhile and then a number appeared?
I have 3 computers going and my number is 0 on all of them. I sent my husband the link at work and his number is 1986.

If the link was active it should be directing you to login first. I truly think some people were able to sneak in somehow and now th e rest of us just need to wait. Impatiently.
This is correct. When I finally clicked the link that got me through to the next page it asked me to login to MDE. Then Woody showed up and the registration page popped up. Since then I keep getting the error but I see all three of our names in there and it looks like it should be easy once it is live.

I just got one more with a number. Still at 47,000 on my phone but Edge went to a 49,000 number. Sigh.

Please bear with me. So, we think this is a non-active link that a handful of people w=got lucky enough to bypass (through a test link) this morning? What evidence do we have for this being the case?
This is a best guess based on people who have experience or know from people, like from my husband, who are in the IT industry and know how things get released/deployed.

This is correct. When I finally clicked the link that got me through to the next page it asked me to login to MDE. Then Woody showed up and the registration page popped up. Since then I keep getting the error but I see all three of our names in there and it looks like it should be easy once it is live.

I was one of the lucky ones. Once I got in it was SUPER easy to register.

I picked an available date and then all available times and experiences were listed underneath.

Sending good vibes to everyone today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter