• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear God - what is the point of everyone replaying "Stay" on the groupme?? Please stop - that doesn't work
If you don’t do that within a set time, it mutes your notifications and you have to “rejoin” the group. At least that is what it did for me

If you don’t do that within a set time, it mutes your notifications and you have to “rejoin” the group. At least that is what it did for me
You do have to use # for it to work, at least for me. That said, I made the mistake of not doing it correctly the first time too. Not everyone is familiar with groupme ( I sure wasn't) so there's a learning curve. I like it much better getting notifications in the app though.

Oh dear God - what is the point of everyone replaying "Stay" on the groupme?? Please stop - that doesn't work
never had that issue and I have had groupme for years
Well, good for you. Maybe you are grandfathered in. Maybe you participate enough to get kept in.
The app specifically said that you had to do it now.
#stay or participate or get removed from receiving notifications of messages.
I'll gladly post the exact message if you'd like to be clear but yes, you do have to respond with #stay (# is required) but only once

ETA - there's a reason why when people post #stay, the app responds with "X has rejoined the group" or when someone hasn't responded it says "X hasn't responded, they are no longer receiving messages"

Last edited:
Here's a thought about when they'll make the announcement.
We arrive on 8/27 (day before my birthday for those keeping up :bday: )
I got notice that tomorrow is our FP day, which means that Sunday is FP day for opening day, right? (math is NOT my strong suit LOL)
Maybe it will drop tomorrow? Since they don't usually do these things on weekends, or Monday?
I know, no FP for GE but it is 60 days out and just makes for good timing in general.
Really grasping at straws more than anything.....

Here's a thought about when they'll make the announcement.
We arrive on 8/27 (day before my birthday for those keeping up :bday: )
I got notice that tomorrow is our FP day, which means that Sunday is FP day for opening day, right? (math is NOT my strong suit LOL)
Maybe it will drop tomorrow? Since they don't usually do these things on weekends, or Monday?
I know, no FP for GE but it is 60 days out and just makes for good timing in general.
Really grasping at straws more than anything.....

FP day for opening day has already happened for lots of people. It will be different for everyone. For people arriving on opening day you are correct.

You do have to use # for it to work, at least for me. That said, I made the mistake of not doing it correctly the first time too. Not everyone is familiar with groupme ( I sure wasn't) so there's a learning curve. I like it much better getting notifications in the app though.
I liked the app at first, then I realized I couldn't read them without opening the app, so that sort of defeated the purposes of making it quick and easy and went back to SMS instead. I did notice that it wasn't until I was on SMS that I got the notice about needing to participate. When I was set to "app only" (for lack of better description) it never sent me a notice about needing to participate to stay in the group.

FP day for opening day has already happened for lots of people. It will be different for everyone. For people arriving on opening day you are correct.
Yeah, I'm well aware of that, FP for their trip has happened. But they arrive well before opening day. I'm specifically talking about OPENING day itself being 60ish days out.

Since D23 is the 23rd thru the 25th, do you think they will be planning around those days?

We are now at the point where the longer they drag this out the more hype they lose.

I agree, as the hype dies down for me I am realizing I am going to disney for 2 weeks in october and if i do go in august this would cost me 2 grand for the amount of time i have been wasting waiting for this to drop i could have waited in a five hour line and save myself a ton of $ too.

Since D23 is the 23rd thru the 25th, do you think they will be planning around those days?
D23 is in Cali so no, I doubt that's even in their thoughts in regards to WDW.
WDW rarely has much thought about D23, quite honestly. It's like an invisible sibling or something. No one ever talks about it out there. Nothing like in DL

I would think they would want to avoid having competing events - or at the very least those would later days of the previews. And then after that you really only have a few days for Media days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter