Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they will wait until CM preview registration, it's 2 separate events.
No? I do only because the dates for the AP preview will fall after the CM previews, obviously. So I just figure the sign ups will be after, or at the same time.

My guess is that they will not likely open preview registration today because they have their hands full with the booking website issues, plus all the people calling support trying to modify their existing fall reservations to get the various fall/holiday season discounts. I tried calling support several times this morning and all circuits were busy.

My guess is that they will not likely open preview registration today because they have their hands full with the booking website issues, plus all the people calling support trying to modify their existing fall reservations to get the various fall/holiday season discounts. I tried calling support several times this morning and all circuits were busy.
It’s also the full moon tonight. If I were the IT director, I wouldn’t want to push things.

Rival Run registration opened today, too, for non-passholders. I know it's a different system but I imagine it'll push resort reservations even more.

I agree with this.

They dropped a lot of discounts today I would be surprised if they did the preview today also.

This. I am one of "those people", lol! We had a POP stay booked for pre-opening and opening week (2 sep reservations because I added on the 2 days prior to grand opening). Since it looks like there is NO WAY the Skyliner will be open I booked a "Summer AP" stay at Beach Club Villas, and a 1 night "Fall AP" stay at Yacht Club. I figure we will have a lot of going back and forth between SWGE and Epcot and a lot of mid-day breaks so the pool is a little more enticing as is the ability to walk to/from DHS and Epcot. We've never stayed in either so that rounds out our deluxe resort stays for now. It'll be easier to walk for the grand opening and we wont have to take an Uber although our resort stay pretty much doubled in price!

Lots and lots of SWGE menu details trickling down today. May not have any relation to the previews but I think to say they wont drop the link today because of all the other stuff may end up being the exact reason why they DO end up dropping it (because no one will expect it). Don't disengage from the stalking just yet :)

Lots and lots of SWGE menu details trickling down today. May not have any relation to the previews but I think to say they wont drop the link today because of all the other stuff may end up being the exact reason why they DO end up dropping it (because no one will expect it). Don't disengage from the stalking just yet :)

This makes me excited lol.

Also with an Aug 1 start date it tells me the land is pretty much done right now except for finishing touches.

Once construction and finishing are complete, that really means only operational readiness is left on the checklist. The hand off from Imagineering to Operations is absolutely non-trivial. However, in this situation, there might be some learning transfer from Disneyland to Hollywood Studios. Cast Member previews provide an opportunity to test out operational assumptions and procedures on employees. Once they've had a chance to go through that level of test and adjust, they can move on to a test group of "friendlies" and that would be us--Annual Passholders. It's all part of an orchestrated process.

I'm booked at the Beach Club for Aug-25-30. That means maybe an AP preview of Galaxy's Edge, and a first look at the 2019 Food & Wine Festival.

If any one is interested, Disney released discounts (including free dining) for most nights, September 1 - December 24. So if you can't make the previews, check for discounts this fall! There are still discounts available through August 28th.

If any one is interested, Disney released discounts (including free dining) for most nights, September 1 - December 24. So if you can't make the previews, check for discounts this fall! There are still discounts available through August 28th.
Thanks! Discounts are nice, but I I think we ALL stalking here because we want the prospect of a very limited people experience to experience SWGE, not just any opportunity to see it. From what I gather on comments, a lot of people are planning on going in the fall anyway (so the discounts are nice to help lessen the blow from a potential last minute trip in a few weeks).

Personally I am hoping/planning on taking an unexpected trip just for this preview .. and that will hopefully make my fall trip "stress free" by not having to worry about getting up for a 6 AM opening to beat the crowds to experience SWGE. I guess I would just saunter in whenever I want, skip the ride if the wait is long, etc. in the fall if I can experience it "all" in a preview.

My guess (and I could be wrong) is that a AP preview "slot" would have less people than the Extra Extra Magic Hours will (6-9 am). *shrug*

Personally I am hoping/planning on taking an unexpected trip just for this preview .. and that will hopefully make my fall trip "stress free" by not having to worry about getting up for a 6 AM opening to beat the crowds to experience SWGE. I guess I would just saunter in whenever I want, skip the ride if the wait is long, etc. in the fall if I can experience it "all" in a preview.

I'm doing an "unexpected" trip in August for the preview. I am also doing an "unexpected" trip in December for the opening of Rise of the Resistance. I just saved a few bucks booking December with the discount. Frankly, the hotel cost is the least of my worries. The airfare is insane. There's no way, though, I am going to miss out on an early chance to just "be" in Black Spire Outpost and experience Smugglers' Run! I was the person with a car at college in 1977. I drove a carload of my friends to the theater for opening night of the original Star Wars (now called A New Hope.) I will never forget banging on the dashboard trying to get that 1965 Mercury to jump to lightspeed cruising back to the dorm. Those were the days!!!

(Side note: I think I married my husband because he does an amazing Yoda voice, and stunning Wookie noises! I might be a fan.)

I think I may cancel my DVC reservations as it doesn't look like they will open registration before the 30 day cancellation window. I'll just have to hope I can re-book a room if I get a preview slot.

Good morning from Germany,

have been silently watching and hoping and also "stalking" the old event registration link
which the whole time had me ending up with the "event is full" Mickey page :(

But when I refreshed this page 20 minutes ago - it suddenly directed me to the AP Program page instead
and refused to return to the "event is full" message - I got always redirected to the AP page instead...

Just before I was going to share this with you I double-checked - and now things are back to the "event is full" Mickey ...
:confused3:confused3:confused3
I have no idea if this is/was any indication of things changing/getting into motion -
just wanted to share this observation ...

I'll keep on watching ...
Good luck to us all!

Bear Hugs from Germany,
Gabi

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what page the link is on? I checked the first page and scrolled through about 100 pages of when I thought it was posted and can't find it. I wad thinking it was page 92.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter