ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Do you have a utility bill in your name at that address? I believe they will accept that as proof of residency.
Yes, I do. I’ll bring that with me. We actually moved 3 years ago. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve just never had a reason to have my address changed on it until now and I don’t wanna go to the DL renewal office any more than I have to.

That page had a link to another page with this information:

Florida residents may be eligible to upgrade regular theme park tickets into an available Annual Pass. Learn which Annual Pass types may be available.
Annual Pass type upgrade is subject to prior ticket usage. A ticket used on a blockout date for an Annual Pass type cannot be upgraded into that Annual Pass type. For example, the Disney Pixie Dust Pass has blockout dates on Saturdays, Sundays and other peak periods. If you use a ticket on a Saturday, that ticket cannot be upgraded into a Disney Pixie Dust Pass.
Upgrading Your Ticket
  • 1-Day Ticket: Upgrade on the same day you use the ticket
  • Multi-Day Ticket: Upgrade through the last day of use for your ticket entitlements
Your pass will be valid for one year from the first day the original theme park ticket was used.
For more information, please use the Annual Passholder Help Form to email our dedicated Help Team with any questions you may have. Or, call (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
*Examples of ticket types that are not eligible for upgrades include special event tickets, complimentary tickets and water park tickets.
Am I reading this correctly that only Florida residents can upgrade their tickets? I.e. if I get an incredipass, and I already have tickets for May, there's nothing I can do?

Yes, I do. I’ll bring that with me. We actually moved 3 years ago. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve just never had a reason to have my address changed on it until now and I don’t wanna go to the DL renewal office any more than I have to.
Can you get an updated version of your current license? NC allows for address changes online and sends a new license in the mail. No need to go to the actual DMV and the renewal date doesn't change.

Now this is the first time I'm sad about not having blue card perks -- but April 20th I'll be hoping for an Incredipass anyways.

We purchased 5 day park hopper passes from UT, and I called UT and was told if we returned them for a different ticket sold by them it’s 100% refundable, if we return tickets (to buy AP from Disney), we would only receive 95% of the purchase price.

If we are able to change or upgrade a current ticket with remaining unused days on the app, we shouldn’t need to be onsite correct? We are currently at RIV and have 3 days left on our PH passes. I am contemplating changing those to 7 or 10 day tickets to have extra unused dates available that would be valid through the 13th. We depart WDW on the 10th but I know in 2018 I was able to upgrade my MYW pass with unused days to an AP even once I returned home as long as there were unused days remaining within the valid use date timeframe. We have other trips planned within the next few months, so it makes sense for us to have an AP this year, and it would be really nice to apply what we spent on these current park tickets to an AP. I am thinking this should work, based on other similar posts in this thread, but would appreciate additional insight…Thanks!

It’s been reported that someone was told at GR that they would be able to do it from home as long as the ticket still has valid days left on it. If you are onsite. I wouod definitely go and ask!

Does anyone know if you purchased the Memory Maker ahead of time, will Disney add that value to an AP with Photopass? We go next week and will likely start using MM on 4/12, and I'm hoping to upgrade our 6 day PH tickets to APs. Wondering if they'd also apply the cost of MM towards the Photopass (though I know Photopass is $99 vs $169 for MM). The jury is still out on whether they'd even upgrade tickets on 4/13, but I want to be prepared with all knowledge if they do!

It’s possible you might get lucky and have someone do it..but if they do, it’s very likely they will not credit you the difference.

Am I reading this correctly that only Florida residents can upgrade their tickets? I.e. if I get an incredipass, and I already have tickets for May, there's nothing I can do?

FL residents will be allowed to upgrade the pass they have even if not in the renewal window. During the suspension, FL residents could only upgrade when they renewed,

On April 20th, all guests can buy the passes, and upgrade previously bought tickets.

I am a new DVC owner. DH and I bought direct in April 2022 and we live in the midwest. We are heavily considering purchasing APs...we have never been AP holders before, so this is all new (and exciting) territory for us. We have a trip booked on DVC points November 1-7 for the runDisney 5k and (thank goodness for my procrastination!) I haven't purchased tickets yet. Here are my questions:

1. What, exactly, do you receive when you purchase either Sorcerer or Incredi passes? Meaning, does a piece of paper come to us in the mail, or is something sent via email to us? In other words, what do we bring with us in November to prove that we purchased APs on April 13?

2. Once I purchase APs for DH and myself on April 13, I know they won't activate until we arrive and go in the parks on November 1. Do we need to go to guest services outside the parks to activate our APs or is the activating done simultaneously when tapping in to the parks?

3. If I have APs that won't be activated until November when we go, how do we make park reservations and ADRs beforehand? Will MDE somehow "know" that we have purchased APs and that they will be "active" on November 1st? We are going to WDW with another couple, as we are all running the runDisney 5k together. The other couple is staying at Pop and they have already purchased tickets as part of a package, while we are staying on our DVC points. Our friends have already made park reservations and I want to make sure I have park reservations that match theirs. We plan to book our ADRs together at our 60 day window. I just want to make sure that when purchasing APs, we can make park reservations and ADRs in advance.

Any advice would be awesome!
The answer to your questions really is who knows? With past AP purchases, I have received a combo of mailed vouchers, emailed vouchers and nothing. I think at a minimum I’ve had at least a screen shot or an email. It should be fine. Disney once sent our vouchers to the wrong address, an email said I had to have them. I didn’t really need them. Their IT to guests suck, but internally it seems to be accurate.

re #2: I stopped by to activate my seasonal resident AP and they said I didn’t need to but they took my docs anyway. They also let me activate (verify documents) for my husband although he wasn’t going to use them until sometime in the future. It was a renewal so expiration date wasn’t in issue.

re #3: Your APs should be linked in MDE. I’ve had no trouble making park reservations before my AP was activated. I don’t remember doing anything to link the APs they just showed up. Anyone else with a different experience? I don’t really do ADRs until closer but if your stay is also linked in MDE I think you are good to go for the 60 + length of stay access.

We’ve received a lot of Member feedback about one topic in particular: Annual Passes. We’ve been listening and understand that for many Members, Annual Passes enhance their Disney experience. Today I’m pleased to share great news with you: new sales of all Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes will resume on April 20.

That alone is good news. But we have even better news to share. Eligible Members* may purchase the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass online starting April 13 – a full week before sales of all Annual Passes resume for all Guests. Passes or a pass type are subject to limited availability and may not be available at any given time. The DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass is expected to be on sale more often throughout the year, even when the pass is not broadly available for sale to Florida Residents.**
I’ve got a question about the purchase of ap by dvc members. Can resale members purchase after the 20th of April?

I’ve got a question about the purchase of ap by dvc members. Can resale members purchase after the 20th of April?

Any resale owner who does not qualify for membership extras is just like a cash guest when it comes to APs. You can buy the Incredi pass but are not eligible for the Sorcerer pass…unless you are a FL resident.

Ah so, not relevant then. I hope to get back to Universal one of our trips, I have only been once and I don't even think we were there very long, would have been over 20 years ago. I like Harry Potter and Simpsons though so would be a fun visit.
Maybe not relevant for everyone, but even on non-military Universal APs are cheaper than Disney. I actually bought the regular AP so we would get free parking and discounts.

We were there about 20 years ago as well and just recently went back. You'd be surprised at the new lands and rides. They are impressive. If you like Potter and Simpsons you would like what they did with it.

A good reason to have your address changed is because it's the law and must be done within 30 days of your change of address. You can actually do it online.

322.19 Change of address or name.—
(1) Except as provided in ss. 775.21, 775.261, 943.0435, 944.607, and 985.4815, whenever any person, after applying for or receiving a driver license or identification card, changes his or her legal name, that person must within 30 days thereafter obtain a replacement license or card that reflects the change.
(2) If a person, after applying for or receiving a driver license or identification card, changes the legal residence or mailing address in the application, license, or card, the person must, within 30 calendar days after making the change, obtain a replacement license or card that reflects the change. A written request to the department must include the old and new addresses and the driver license or identification card number. Any person who has a valid, current student identification card issued by an educational institution in this state is presumed not to have changed his or her legal residence or mailing address. This subsection does not affect any person required to register a permanent or temporary address change pursuant to s. 775.13, s. 775.21, s. 775.25, or s. 943.0435.
(3) A violation of this section is a nonmoving violation with a penalty as provided in s. 318.18(2).

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...tute&URL=0300-0399/0322/Sections/0322.19.html

The one year expiration on vouchers was implemented the last time NEW APs went on sale.
Gotcha. I wouldn’t know. I have never let my AP expire.

But I knew people used to buy multiple vouchers and use them years later to lock in today’s price (and not have to pay the difference on any price increase).

That isn't how I am understanding the text you quoted.
? It says if you buy an AP and don’t activate it within one year then it “expires” and the value of the expired voucher can be used to purchase a new one at whatever the price is at that time in the future.

If I upgrade our tickets over the phone, will they be able to keep our park reservations? I am worried that some might be limited with us going on May 2nd (we have to buy on the 20th)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter