Animal Crossing is AMAZING (you know...)

Did anyone else have trouble getting their part-time job bells from Nook? I finished the part-time gig this morning, and he said I earned my 1400 bells but he didn't give me anything, the cheapskate. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if it was because I finished that part around 7 a.m. and his shop doesn't open until 8 (it was closed immediately after I finished...).

Tom Nook basically "paid" you and then took the money to pay the loan on your house. He has no more part time work at the moment, so you are suppose to go ask other animals if they need help or you are suppose to sell something. Basically you worked for Nook to pay off your house loan.

He didn't seem to deduct from my loan though. I thought he said when I bought the house that it was 12,800 and when I went to check it later the amount owing was still 12,800. That's when I got puzzled as to where my 1400 bells went. Maybe I read the initial amount wrong. :confused3

Anyway, I've made way more than 1400 bells since then, so he's not gonna have my legs broken or anything. I was just wondering if it acted up for anyone else.

He didn't seem to deduct from my loan though. I thought he said when I bought the house that it was 12,800 and when I went to check it later the amount owing was still 12,800. That's when I got puzzled as to where my 1400 bells went. Maybe I read the initial amount wrong. :confused3

Anyway, I've made way more than 1400 bells since then, so he's not gonna have my legs broken or anything. I was just wondering if it acted up for anyone else.

I just began the game today. Yes I have been sucked into the excitement of it. The houses were selling for 19,800 bells. Tom "paid" me 1400 bells and deducted it from the house loan. You had to read it pretty quickly.

Glad your legs still work. Walking around AC would have been interesting in the snow.

Ah ha! That explains it. It was pretty late when I was playing (well, late for me since I work overnights, lol). Anyway I read it wrong. Good to know - I was worried Tom had it in for me. ;)

I spent soooo much time with Wild World when I got it for my DS. I suspect City Folk will be similarly addictive for me for the next little while. I was so excited to go to the city to change my character's hair, and of course I hate how it came out. Gotta earn another 3k bells to change it again. :laughing:

Hi! I received this game as a Christmas gift. I love to play it to relax. I do have one question. After I met the neighbors and returned to work at Nook's shop, I was told that my pockets were too full and to go home and empty my pockets. I cannot figure out how to empty my pockets. Please help!
TIA!

Ah ha! That explains it. It was pretty late when I was playing (well, late for me since I work overnights, lol). Anyway I read it wrong. Good to know - I was worried Tom had it in for me. ;)

I spent soooo much time with Wild World when I got it for my DS. I suspect City Folk will be similarly addictive for me for the next little while. I was so excited to go to the city to change my character's hair, and of course I hate how it came out. Gotta earn another 3k bells to change it again. :laughing:
My hair is DIS green! :)

How do you ask the others if they need help? Do you send letters? Also, how do you get your catalog purchases in the mail? I was told my stationery and bed would come and to check my mail, but they haven't come yet/ I can't figure out how to get into my mailbox. (Didn't play yesterday and haven't touched it yet today, so not sure if missing anything obvious.) Also, how do you get into your attic bedroom to save? I just hit save and end game.

We should change the title of this thread to "Animal Crossing addicts UNITE!!!"

Hi! I received this game as a Christmas gift. I love to play it to relax. I do have one question. After I met the neighbors and returned to work at Nook's shop, I was told that my pockets were too full and to go home and empty my pockets. I cannot figure out how to empty my pockets. Please help!
TIA!

When you are in your house, pick a spot and then click on the pocket icon. It will show everything in your pocket. Pick what you want to drop and click on it. It should give you the option to drop it.

How do you ask the others if they need help? Do you send letters? Also, how do you get your catalog purchases in the mail? I was told my stationery and bed would come and to check my mail, but they haven't come yet/ I can't figure out how to get into my mailbox. (Didn't play yesterday and haven't touched it yet today, so not sure if missing anything obvious.) Also, how do you get into your attic bedroom to save? I just hit save and end game.

We should change the title of this thread to "Animal Crossing addicts UNITE!!!"

When I had mail, the mailbox showed an envelope so when I clicked on it, it showed up.

This game is going to be trouble in my house. We just got it yesterday and now I'm competing with 2 of my kids to get to play it. We all want to do it.:rotfl2:

FYI-My GameStop had the guide on sale for $10 starting yesterday and I think through tomorrow.

When I had mail, the mailbox showed an envelope so when I clicked on it, it showed up.

I chose the house on the bottom right side of the village, so I have a grove of trees in front of my mailbox. I can't see it very well to try to open it. When I change views, it's not great, either. Not sure how to handle that.

Husband says he's going to give me some private game time today - taking the girls to play at the mall. I love him!!!!:thumbsup2

Help. So, one of the neighbors was to come over to my house at 4 pm. I was there. He didn't show that I could tell. I then saw him and he was mad because he said he rang the bell and waited. I however didn't see anything to indicate he was there.

What did I do wrong????

My hair is DIS green! :)

I actually ended up green this morning when I changed it again. Seems fitting. :lmao:

YellowMickeyPonchos said:
Also, how do you get into your attic bedroom to save? I just hit save and end game.

There should be stairs in your house, just inside the door on the left (at least in mine). They sort of blend in with the floor, but if you walk up those, you'll end up in the attic.

Allison said:
Help. So, one of the neighbors was to come over to my house at 4 pm. I was there. He didn't show that I could tell. I then saw him and he was mad because he said he rang the bell and waited. I however didn't see anything to indicate he was there.

What did I do wrong????

Huh - that's strange. I haven't had that happen in City Folk yet but in Wild World, when they came over, there'd be a knock on the door at the 'appropriate time', and then they'd let themselves in. Were you inside your house?

I actually ended up green this morning when I changed it again. Seems fitting. :lmao:

There should be stairs in your house, just inside the door on the left (at least in mine). They sort of blend in with the floor, but if you walk up those, you'll end up in the attic.

Huh - that's strange. I haven't had that happen in City Folk yet but in Wild World, when they came over, there'd be a knock on the door at the 'appropriate time', and then they'd let themselves in. Were you inside your house?

I went outside at one point to look for him because I didn't know if I should be inside or standing outside. Maybe that messed it up or maybe since it was at exactly 4:00 I didn't hear the knock because of the chimes at the top of the hour.

I went outside at one point to look for him because I didn't know if I should be inside or standing outside. Maybe that messed it up or maybe since it was at exactly 4:00 I didn't hear the knock because of the chimes at the top of the hour.

I'm not sure if it works the same way for this version or not, but I know Wild World you didn't have to answer the door; you just had to be in the house when they knocked. Maybe someone else who's had visitors already in this one can help. I'd be curious to know what happened too. Don't want to upset my neighbors. :upsidedow

I'm not sure if it works the same way for this version or not, but I know Wild World you didn't have to answer the door; you just had to be in the house when they knocked. Maybe someone else who's had visitors already in this one can help. I'd be curious to know what happened too. Don't want to upset my neighbors. :upsidedow

I just found this thread - I'm a complete Animal Crossing addict.

I've already had a neighbor visit my house in the Wii version. You have to be in your house, and you can't have your pocket or a closet (or dresser) open. They will just walk in and look around, you don't actually have to let them in. Mine showed up a few seconds after the time he said he would come by.

Oh my.... "Santa" bought my wife and I the game for christmas. I played AC on the Gamecube...

I played for the first time today and 6 hours later I was so hungry I had to stop.

As for the guest... Peggy came to my house 5 minutes late, I was inside and she just walked right in. Then proceeded to tell me that my place was small and messy. I was sad. But I did make enough money to pay off my mortgage and upgrade. Can't wait for that to happen....

I really enjoy finding/catching rare things and donating them to the museum.

My manager asked all us full timers if we would be willing to work 32 hours a week due to the economy. This game might get me to agree to that...

We played (mostly me) for 8.5 hours today. I am getting good enough at fishing that I paid off my mortgage on the 2nd day of playing and have saved over 14,000 Bells to pay for part of the first home upgrade. I also wrote a bunch of neighbor suck up letters. My only mistake - ticking Gwen the penguin off by not trading.

My kids love watching the playing and especially the fishing parts. My 2 yr old was cheering me on! :cheer2: Run Mommy! Fishie's coming! You got it! Ohhh!:cheer2:

I was a rock star!:thumbsup2

Only bad part - my snowman was grumpy.:eek:

Yes, I'm quite the fisherman. The animals even commented on it when they were chatting with each other.

My second visit worked so I must have had my pockets open or something the first time.

I paid off my mortgage so I should have an upgraded house this morning.

I got a few bee stings from shaking trees as I couldn't run away from them fast enough.

I'm not a game player at all, but my grandkids received a Wii for Christmas and I saw an ad for Animal Crossing this morning and am thinking of getting it for them. However, after reading through this thread I think that perhap they're too young for it. All you gamers, is this game too complex for 5-7 year olds? I know their dad (my ds) would love it, but I want something all of them would like to play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter