Andy and Rae's 50th Birthday Celebration - 2005

I've been doing quite a bit of reading (with high hopes) about the Panama Canal, and would appear that May or August would both be hot. Both are considered "summer" Below is copied from one of the websites I found. Absolutely facinating, I have two books on order from Amazon.

Robin

Best time of year to travel - October through April

Climate -
Average temperatures:
Winter months
Average temperature is 85 to 95

Summer months
Average temperature is 95 to 105

Average length of cruise - 10 - 11 nights

Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity and Cunard have ships sailing alternating routes from October through April, sailing through the Panama Canal. All cruise lines have repositioning cruises from the Caribbean to Alaska through the Panama Canal in the spring and the fall. These cruises will range from 10 to 21 days.

:sunny:

I would not be able to do anything in August -- Our schools start the first week. But, the May is what I'm waiting for. I am hoping for the Eat to West, but I'll settle for a 7 day out of CA.

I can take my DS out for a few days in May at the end of the year, but I couldn't do it at the beginning.

So, any takers on the East to West??

OK, I am probably not going on this cruise, but you never know. Since you are all divided with the way the school year falls, and I understand that, as I would be for an August cruise myself living on the East coast, as we don't start school here until after Labor Day. We would have to split the group up to MAY cruisers and August cruisers. Both would still be a huge DIS sailing and you would still be able to get the group discount.

Personally, I think DCL should give discounts to all who turn 50 in 2005 in honor of DL's 50 years. Oh, and also their guests :teeth:

Originally posted by twhipple
Personally, I think DCL should give discounts to all who turn 50 in 2005 in honor of DL's 50 years. Oh, and also their guests :teeth:

Hear!!! Hear!!! I like the way you think!!!

Rae I was thinking of you tonight. Seven nights in a row I have had SHRIMP for dinner!!!! Aren't you jealous!! I think we may be fighting over the shrimp between California and Florida. Hope they have a place to stop to get more if we need 'em!!

HAHAHAH! Shrimp for everyone!!!! I'll be magnan-a-mouse!

IF Andy doesn't go due to costs, etc, I am going East-West in May.

Rae

Ok don't think I'm too obsessed, but DH and I just booked a trip to DL 5/4 through 5/8. We'll be there for the 50th announcement and the opening of TOT. I can't wait! We're staying at the Howard Johnsons and will have FREE internet access so I'll bring my laptop and let everyone know as soon as I hear the announcement.

Excellent! You'll have a great time and I'll be waiting to hear the news. I hope DCL has extra phone reservation people on staff for the announcement.

Originally posted by twhipple
Ok don't think I'm too obsessed, but DH and I just booked a trip to DL 5/4 through 5/8. We'll be there for the 50th announcement and the opening of TOT. I can't wait! We're staying at the Howard Johnsons and will have FREE internet access so I'll bring my laptop and let everyone know as soon as I hear the announcement.

Thanks!!!!!

We'll all be waiting to hear your live report!!!!!

Hi everyone!

I did not rebook onboard on our recent (2/14-2/21) cruise, as I was told the discounts most likely would NOT be transferred to the summer bookings when they open up. I saw no benefit in booking onboard just to transfer the date, but not the discounts. I was quite upset about this, and sent an email to DCL regarding the situation. I heard back from them, and they wanted to speak to me personally on the phone. I talked to them today, and I have booked a date with the onboard booking discounts, with the understanding that when the summer 2005 opens up, I can transfer everything including the discounts :teeth:

The interesting thing is, the cm who helped me, thought that the rumours were ridiculous, and gave me the impression that there is no way any of it is true. I mentioned what my stateroom host told me, and even with that, I got the impression that the rumours are just what they are rumours. I did ask when the 2005 bookings were going to open, and she said they were told Spring of 2004. She said start watching around/after April 25th.

I really hope that these aren't just rumours, but if they are, I hope the big secret at least ends up being new ports of call!

Robin

That's why it is called the Disney "SPECULATION!!!"

Originally posted by moocow35
Hi everyone!

I did not rebook onboard on our recent (2/14-2/21) cruise, as I was told the discounts most likely would NOT be transferred to the summer bookings when they open up. I saw no benefit in booking onboard just to transfer the date, but not the discounts. I was quite upset about this, and sent an email to DCL regarding the situation. I heard back from them, and they wanted to speak to me personally on the phone. I talked to them today, and I have booked a date with the onboard booking discounts, with the understanding that when the summer 2005 opens up, I can transfer everything including the discounts :teeth:

Does this work the other way around? If we book when the dates are announced, can we re-book onboard during our Memorial Day cruise and keep the original price while picking up any onboard discounts/credits?

Anyone have an experience with this?

I think the discounts are for onboard bookings only, however February 2003, while I was on the cruise, I sat with Donna and asked if she could do any better for me on the price I already had for the 2004 cruise (booked in August 2002) She said no way since I had booked so early, but.....she did give me the $200 credit on my 2004 booking! I was most pleased with that!

Robin

moocow35 . . . That is good news about the onboard credit and the 10% applicable to the summer, 2005 whenever it opens up. I booked while onboard in Oct 2003 knowing I wanted the summer of 2005. I've been waiting ever since. :D

I'm just planning on moving to whatever there is the few weeks in May 2005 I want. I am assuming I'll transfer my onboard credits and the 10% when it opens up.

NYdiscuisers . . . about changing your existing reservation while onboard. I'm pretty sure you would need to book a brand new reservation -- at the going price. You'll have to see if that current price minus the 10% plus the onboard credit is better than your existing reservation. I'm sure they won't just add the onboard credit and give you back the 10% . LOL

SandraLee,

I would say you definately would be able to tranfer your discounts. I am sooooo excited!:tongue:

Robin

Originally posted by SandraLee
NYdiscuisers . . . about changing your existing reservation while onboard. I'm pretty sure you would need to book a brand new reservation -- at the going price. You'll have to see if that current price minus the 10% plus the onboard credit is better than your existing reservation. I'm sure they won't just add the onboard credit and give you back the 10% . LOL

Getting the $200 onboard credit is better than nothing...besides it doesn't hurt to ask, right?;)

Often "we" here find things out that the CM's learn later - some of us have connections. Unfortunately, I don't but I am still optimistic about the "Speculation"!

Rae

SandraLee - you go girl!!!!

We gotta have hope here!!!

There is a repositioning (west to east) that my church paper is advertising (HAL - Veerdam) going LA to Tampa - 17 days through the P.C. - interesting ports include Costa Rica and Cartagna, Columbia - it would be $4032 for an outside balcony cabin (double price since it is double occupancy). But it is interesting!!!

I just hope that we get the information soon so that we can get a nice group rate on this - but as I wrote on another thread, maybe, just maybe DCL is holding up the dates to get this "chatted up" and cause more excitement - everything goes back to marketing and the $$$$$$$!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter