Andy and Rae's 50th Birthday Celebration - 2005

Or someone prematurely let the cat out of the bag, then corrected the mistake.

Ahhhhh! The plot thickens!

And to the "nay sayers" - time will tell!!!!!!

Rae

Originally posted by moocow35
I'm going to remain optimistic about the pricing. Yes, Disney is the highest, but if Disney can keep a 10 day within that range, perhaps by limiting the amount of ports to keep the cost down, this just might be reachable!

Robin

Well, the 10-day December cruise is $6000+ for a single in Cat. 6.....

....but who would be stupid enough to cruise as a single and pay the huge single supplement?

:rolleyes:

So, that is the same as a double; then add the two kids. Yikes.

Maybe, maybe, maybe... Just tell me how much and I'll figure a way to get there... :-)

I have been reading these posts and the more I read, the more I want to join in on the fun!

I have even prepared DD for the eventuallity that we may not cruise in January 2005 but for Summer 2005!

I won't be celebrating the the 50 but pretty close!LOL

Just hope the costs are kept down or else it will be a January Sailing!

So put me on the list of MAYBEES!

Make room for one more at the Shrimp Table!

Scratch
pirate:

Actually, stupid may not be the best description here. Out of my mind, maybe. What it boils down to is, cruise by myself, or not cruise at all. Left with that decision...........one does what they have to do. I doubt you will see me in a catagory 6, if we are talking that kind of money. If I brought my DD, I would still be paying for the whole thing and then we are talking $7600+

Robin

The Shrimp Table is open or should I say (tongue in cheek) "By Invitation Only"!

I often wondered why DCL discriminates against singles by charging them double. Completely unfair and unreasonable! But again, profit rules.

Rae

Originally posted by moocow35
Actually, stupid may not be the best description here. Out of my mind, maybe. What it boils down to is, cruise by myself, or not cruise at all. Left with that decision...........one does what they have to do.

Robin
Well, let me explain...I'm in that boat, as well...Single cruiser, that is...
If I didn't go alone I couldn't go...HORRORS! so the single supplement is the price I pay for not trolling the streets for a cruising companion...

I originally signed onto the December cruise at Cat 11 ( a mere $3500+ yikes!), but then got an unexpected, but very much appreciated, dose of pixie dust. It wasn't until I took a hard look at the final stateroom assignment that I realized that, if not for the work of several angels, I would be sailing with dark walls and Cash would be sailing without a verandah. Without a verandah, Cash doesn't go and if Cash can't go, I can't go.....

So there it is...Videogal1, stupid/ out of her mind, but very very lucky.....

From Cash, the Wonder Dog to
Cash, the Verandah Dog
:sunny:

Lynda,

I'm glad you clarified that, I almost thought you were calling me stupid (however sometimes I wonder myself) You only have one life, why not enjoy it to the fullest with what you most like to do.

Congratulations on your veranda room for the price of a catagory 11! I'll say that is some pixie dust you got!princess:

Robin

I have a very best friend, but to spend 7 nights on a ship with her - no way!!!! We are too much alike and would end up angry with eachother!!! So if I ever have that situation of cruising single - it would be more than expensive!!!!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
I have a very best friend, but to spend 7 nights on a ship with her - no way!!!! We are too much alike and would end up angry with eachother!!! So if I ever have that situation of cruising single - it would be more than expensive!!!!

Rae
Except for Cash,
I can't begin to think of someone I know that I could spend 7-10 days on a cruise with...One of us would throw ourselves, or be thrown, screaming, overboard. Only a dog or a complete stranger....

Hi Rae-- popping in again after a LOOONG absence! I hope your birthday cruise stops in Victoria (kind of doubtful if the west coast thing turns out and the cruises are only short -- but could happen if the Magic heads to Alaska -- which isn't that cold in the summer). Victoria's doing well as the foreign port stop that cruise ships departing/returning to the US have to make. So maybe I'll get to see you off the ship -- my treat!

After hemming and hawing about what to do with the cruise David & I booked on board on the wonderful May cruise with you (and ThreeCircles, wherever you guys are!), we've decided to keep it. Not only that, today I booked my parents on the same cruise. We've put them into a cat 6 -- it'll be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for them, and they were such an amazing help when we moved to the coast this year.

And you never know -- maybe there'll be a great deal for the Rae Verandah Man sailing David and I won't be able to resist while onboard!

Ohhh my! How are you?! What a great surprise!!!! Yes, that was a great cruise in May with the Barnards and of course, Jason and Travis!!!!!!

So glad to see that you rebooked - I have a December 4th cruise that I may or may not be able to be on - how close we were again in traveling together!

I would be sooooo thrilled to have you and Dave and your son with us on the Birthday Cruise (especially if it's closer to your own backyard)! If it does go north to Victoria - you know we will let you know! I plan on an Alaska cruise that does but have no idea when!!!!

Maybe you can say that the Papillions are guide dogs and bring them along! By the way, Annie is healthy and doing great!!!

Hugs!!!!!

Rae

****Speaking of your son - He is an example of one of the most well-behaved, considerate, intelligent and articulate young people I have ever met. Just a wonderful young man that any parent would be very, very proud to call their own!

Originally posted by rae519

Maybe you can say that the Papillions are guide dogs and bring them along!

Rae

WOOF, WOOF, WOOF....(That's Cash saying that would be fraud, a federal offense....)

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

My Mom's Papillon "Annie" could go as a stuffed animal for as much activity as she exerts!!! She does have BURSTS of energy, I think maybe once a day!!! But she's the best dog I've been around in a long, long time!

Rae

Hi all! Another baby boomer here, too - the big 5-0 in '05! :tilt:

Can you put my family on the list, too? It would be myself, DH and two DS....we'd be up for a Cat. 3.

Just talked to DCL today asking if there's been any word for the repositioning........the CM told me the announcement has now been pushed back to summer! :( Anyone here this, too?

Thanks - sure hope this happens!

Originally posted by GlenelgMom
Hi all! Another baby boomer here, too - the big 5-0 in '05! :tilt:

Can you put my family on the list, too? It would be myself, DH and two DS....we'd be up for a Cat. 3.

Just talked to DCL today asking if there's been any word for the repositioning........the CM told me the announcement has now been pushed back to summer! :( Anyone here this, too?

Thanks - sure hope this happens!

Can we have your first name and month and day of your birth for the list on the first page of this thread. If they keep pushing the date back for the announcement, we might just have to pick a date and stick with it. This waiting is getting to be too much.

When I was on the February 14th cruise, Donna, the onboard booking agent told me then that the dates would not open up until summer. I mentioned that the cruise that I was on, I was able to book nearly 18 months in advance, and she again said at least you can book 1 year in advance for the 2005. Geeze, at 1 year out, my cruise had already gone up several hundred dollars!

Robin

I heard about this thread from fellow cruisers on the 10/18/04 thread. I too am a "55 person and I'm waiting for possible repositioning cruise dates.

Paul

Hello all :wizard:
Got this thread link from the Christmas Cruise thread too. I don't care when or where.. I want to be on the ship for the reposititioning cruise!! Oh.. and DH too of course....LOL
Put me down
Leslie 2/28
Indy 12/27
Will try to catch up with all those pages of posts... but hey.. at least I found ya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter