And yet another school massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Americans think this is an acceptable price to pay so they can have their gun rights so the rest of us suffer.

So true, evil murders definitely think murder is acceptable. Don’t think they care much about any Rights though let alone the 2A
Or maybe you meant gang bangers? Or serial killers? They definitely don’t have issues with killing people but again not sure they really care about anyone’s Rights.

that is actually true

A federal appeals court on Wednesday struck down a California law that prohibits people under the age of 21 from buying semi-automatic rifles, calling the ban unconstitutional and a “severe burden” on the Second Amendment rights of young adults.

Except at Parkland the armed officer hid and saved no one but himself. The armed officers are of absolutely no benefit.

As the child of a law enforcement officer, he would be the first in the door with zero regards for his personal safety. One bad apple cant taint all the selfless officers who would put their lives on the line to save innocent people.

What a joke, nothing will come of this. Other than "thoughts and prayers" along with "this isn't the time to talk about gun reform."

I *hate* this country. No joke.

I’m with you. It’s a national disgrace. Thoughts and prayers aren’t helpful to the dead children and their families.

We love our guns more than our children.
True, and that is extremely disturbing to me.

Yup. Let's discuss the inanimate object that a human being must do something with for it to be a problem rather than the person who committed such an act.
An inanimate object whose sole purpose is to injure or kill people or animals. Without access to a weapon, this person would not have been able to murder these innocent victims so quickly and easily.

As a parent I don't feel my child is safe at school.

My child is a teacher, and I'm afraid for him every day. My child was hired to teach - not to be target practice or body armor. My child is changing districts this year - location was a huge reason BUT the final straw? They were asked to provide online work for a kid suspended - why I don't know because old days that was instant zeroes. No one told him why. He told a department head .... OH, young man was suspended because he was caught on his way to MY CHILD's class ... with a gun. Had another kid not turned him in, he would not have been caught, no armed guards or security could have stopped him. Sure it could happen anywhere BUT when it happens all teachers should be notified, cause you know their friends in the class might need closer watching OR what if he came back after his suspension, shouldn't my child know? Shouldn't my child know a kid almost walked through his door with a gun?

So sad the low priority we put on protecting our children (and teachers cause they are someone's child too.)
This is horrifying. My mom is a teacher so I get it, I would not want her to be a teacher in the USA. Just imagining it makes my stomach drop. I'm glad your son was able to change districts, it doesn't sound like that school cares about him at all.

I believe in the second amendment but I also believe no civilian should have a military grade weapon. Strict gun laws should become a national agenda. The founding fathers never wanted any of this to occur. It’s shocking to me that people in the 18th century were more responsible with guns back then than today. May God heal those affected. :sad2::littleangel:

I don't understand how americans feel safe to send their kids to school.
Statistically, it is a very rare event. Kids are less likely to be killed in a school shooting than about 100 other ways that we don't think twice about.

This is not meant to say that our school shootings (which are an anomaly globally) are acceptable. Just saying that I wouldn't stress over the chances of it.
I would think most people in this country have forgotten the massacre from 10 days ago. On to the next.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'No_W...Says_Only_Nation_Where_This_Regularly_Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter