And yet another school massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify about automatic weapons because this is probably the most misunderstood thing when people talk about gun control. The semi-automatic guns are the guns most everyone who owns guns has. They are just regular rifles, pistols, and even many shotguns. Fully automatic guns (like machine guns for example) are not legal to be owned by the general public. So if you want semi-automatic guns banned that would be almost every gun in the US. And fully automatic guns are already not legal to be owned by most people. So banning semi-automatics would basically ban guns. Period.
The only difference between a semi-automatic is a small switch on the type of weapons I'm speaking about. An AR15 is as easy as flipping a switch to go from semi to full. Years ago you could own those but the switch was not workable. If you have to physically, repeatedly fire it still give more people a chance to get out of harms way .

Good call, close... I'm 74 years old and a Vietnam Veteran. I guess you lose that round. And what a nonsensical thing to say.

I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with you but clearly if you were in the service during Vietnam, you realize that 18 year olds are adults. If you're old enough to go over seas and have your @$$ blown off, you're not a child. Also, stop trying to conflate automatic and semi automatic rifles.

Again, lets fall into "they want to take our guns" stupid discussion. I know no one that wants that to happen. Just tell me one, just one good reason why anyone outside of law enforcement or military needs an automatic weapon. Even the military doesn't carry one into a 7-11 to buy a beer or a pack of lung darts. You are worried about the wrong people. It's those that are willing to ignore laws to get control that history and common sense should tell you will make their first action be to take away any means of resistance. I feel that the fact that we can have guns is what has kept us from being invaded. However, a bullet is a bullet and automatics are not required for the same reason.
So what the solution then? To ban automatic weapons from civilian hands? Done. Absolutely. Let’s do it, right now today let’s make sure that no law abiding citizen can get an automatic weapon. I am a gun owner and have absolutely 0 issues with that.

With that being said that I 100% agree with you, how are you going to get the already fully automatic weapons off the street? How is that going to stop semi-automatic weapons from being used in the same fashion?

The only difference between a semi-automatic is a small switch on the type of weapons I'm speaking about. An AR15 is as easy as flipping a switch to go from semi to full. Years ago you could own those but the switch was not workable. If you have to physically, repeatedly fire it still give more people a chance to get out of harms way .

Please, just stop. You clearly don't understand anything about the workings of the AR platform or the laws regarding the manufacture and sale of automatic weapons.

I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with you but clearly if you were in the service during Vietnam, you realize that 18 year olds are adults. If you're old enough to go over seas and have your @$$ blown off, you're not a child. Also, stop trying to conflate automatic and semi automatic rifles.
What the hell does that have to do with anything. It has been usually unstable kids killing small children. Obviously, you are obsessed with weapons, there is a difference. Just because you don't want to understand it doesn't make you the winner here. This is not a frivolous, as you put it, pissing contest. This is reality that a whole bunch of children died today and it might have survived if they weren't getting mowed down by a crazy person.
Please, just stop. You clearly don't understand anything about the workings of the AR platform or the laws regarding the manufacture and sale of automatic weapons.
Really?

So what the solution then? To ban automatic weapons from civilian hands? Done. Absolutely. Let’s do it, right now today let’s make sure that no law abiding citizen can get an automatic weapon. I am a gun owner and have absolutely 0 issues with that.

With that being said that I 100% agree with you, how are you going to get the already fully automatic weapons off the street? How is that going to stop semi-automatic weapons from being used in the same fashion?
Literally no one is using a fully automatic weapon for street crime. They are very rare and expensive.

The majority of gun crime is committed with a semi-automatic handgun due to it's concealability, availability, and cost.

I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with you but clearly if you were in the service during Vietnam, you realize that 18 year olds are adults. If you're old enough to go over seas and have your *** blown off, you're not a child. Also, stop trying to conflate automatic and semi automatic rifles.
You may get a whack for bypassing the board filter guideline. Just an FYI.

Please stop talking about guns. Start talking about how to keep people safe.
It’s not a contest to see who is or is not a veteran and who knows more about how guns work .
Instead of being rude to a senior veteran start looking for a solution instead.

Just to clarify about automatic weapons because this is probably the most misunderstood thing when people talk about gun control. The semi-automatic guns are the guns most everyone who owns guns has. They are just regular rifles, pistols, and even many shotguns. Fully automatic guns (like machine guns for example) are not legal to be owned by the general public. So if you want semi-automatic guns banned that would be almost every gun in the US. And fully automatic guns are already not legal to be owned by most people. So banning semi-automatics would basically ban guns. Period.
ban the sale of new guns. Just about every shooter obtained his gun legally in the year before

Keeping in mind the difference between a handgun and an assault rifle, the handgun bullet can go into a body, exit, and sometimes not necessity do tremendous bodily damage. Sometimes, a casualty lives. With the assault rifles smaller, lighter, extremely high velocity rounds, they can turn body insides into messed up jello. Getting hit by a round, unless in the arm, leg, toe, will most often kill the casualty, devastatingly so. Even hit in an appendage could be lethal from tearing apart an artery. Assault weapons are meant to kill a lot of people, very quickly, very effectively with little room for casualty survival. They are not meant for deer hunting or protecting yourself from a mugger.

Almost no one is talking about eliminating all guns though. That's the thing...some want to scare others and rely on ignorance thinking that anyone who is for some kind of gun control is somehow wanting to take all guns away from all ppl. It's insane to me that we as decent human beings can't even agree that some regulation (like national background checks, not just state to state, bans on military style weapons etc) on a deadly weapons is common sense. It's so sad.
I was talking about that. That’s what I’m saying. 3 years ago, I wanted them all gone. My wife is a teacher, I have two boys in school. I wanted them all gone. Now, I’m trying a new line of thinking. It’s not easy.

You can't buy a full auto AR-15 without a class 3 license. And full is burst. An AR-15 is nothing more than a hunting rifle that looks cool.

And it really doesn't matter. These events will continue to occur.

Are you serious? I don't agree with the argument and obviously there's a bigger picture here, but you sound pretty ridiculous and really lose any kind of credibility stating that only 1 person in the US shot someone today.
Sorry, estimated legal gun owners and I don't know if the adult in this situation was a legal gun owner or not.

Any other news reports of legal gun owners shooting people or would it mostly be the gang bangers and criminals, the people the legal responsible gun owners want to have their guns to protect their families from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter