"...and the world has somehow shifted". A sept 16 PTR

jarofpickles

Earning My Ears
Howdy, Hi, Hello!

I'm Jaci, or JoP, and I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

dates: 9/19-9/22
celebrating: my 28th birthday, my decision to pursue my dreams and go to grad school!
where: ASMu
what: food & wine ... MNSSHP (if I can convince my love)

Up next! Main Characters

image_zpspejll39c.jpeg
Main Characters:

Me! Jaci (pronounced Jackie), or JoP.

I'm 28, and currently a stay at home mom. I'm finishing my bachelors and starting a graduate program in clinical mental health in January. I am sad to see my season as a stay at home mom go, but I am excited for my new journey toward my dream of becoming a marriage and family therapist. I love Rapunzel, Ariel, and all the food.

Mr P
Hardworking husband and father of our 3 sons. He loves star wars and cheesecake brownies. He is very tolerant of my Disney Fandom and this trip was HIS suggestion. What a hunk.

Last edited:

First, I love your nom de plume! Jarofpickles just tickles my funny bone. Second, kudos to you on grad school and your chosen profession. You go JoP! Third, your husband is a gentleman and a stand up guy for his thoughtfulness. Now, get crackin missy.....you have plans to make

So lots of updates and things happening! I got sucked into busy back to school season for our oldest son (he starts pre-k for students with special needs monday!) and me... finishing my bachelor's degree and studying for the GRE. Its taken my brain quite a few weeks to warm up and turn back on to student brain mode. Evidently changing diapers and nursing babies for four years straight allowed my critical thinking mode to shut down ;)

Here's our itinerary for our mini trip!

Monday Sept 19, 2016
fly into MCO... land 11pm, DME to All Stars Music to hit the sack

Tuesday Sept 20, 2016
MY 28TH BIRTHDAY!!!! :cloud9:
Get to MK by 9am and hit the ground running. Planned a few FPs but everything is flexible because thats my DisneySide ;)
Late lunch at BoG (our first time ever!!!!)
head out after lunch bc we are skipping MNSSHP this time (sad)
Hop to DHS for rides and possibly fireworks
Ending the day at Disney Springs for Dockside Margaritas and birthday shopping

Wednesday Sept 21, 2016
Sleep in a bit (maybe 10am)
EPCOT for f&w
eat and drink until they have to roll us out of there
back to the room for a nap (you know, food coma)
back to MK for EMH and fireworks, hoping to stick around till goodnight kiss if we can handle it

Thursday Sept 22, 2016
Back to DS to buy gifts for our boys (gonna mail them back)
Meet up with my sister for brunch...
Then time to go home :( :(

My sister works in a couple of Orlando's amazing breweries (she has many hats there) and is also an entrepreneur and writer. I'm excited to see her even if its just in passing. We really only get to see each other 1-2 times a year.

Thats the plan! Up next is outfit planning and my husband's highlighter green converses :magnify:

Also, my username is because I was pretty much pregnant or nursing between October 2011 and December 2015. I was the pickle queen for those 4 years and the name just stuck ;)

Updated Itinerary.... 5 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday - travel day. landing close to midnight

Tuesday
-early breakfast at ASMu food court
-hit rope drop and ride as much as possible :)
-get pics with mickey
-2pm BOG ressie for lunch (It blows my mind that we already chose our meal!)
-head out of the parks to either take a nap or go get some drinks at Tambu since hubby has never seen it before
-hop over to DHS and snag whatever rides are low waits
-late dinner at Disney Springs (WPE? Margaritas at dockside? Sprinkles cupcakes?)
-round 1 of shopping!

Wednesday
-sleep in a tiny bit
-9:30am Boma Breakfast (first time... so pumped)
-head to EPCOT
-f&w festival lunch!
-play and eat in the parks until after dinner
-close out this exhausting and super quick trip at magic kingdom... until midnight if possible!

Thursday
up early, grabbing an uber to ihop to have breakfast with my sister
over to DS to finish up shopping...
back to the resort to snag our tragical express ride back to the airport by 12:30pm :,(

home by 6pm dallas time. hopefully exhausted and 5lbs heavier from food and wine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter