And So It Begins

Disney Campers

DIS Veteran
023713W_sm.gif

Its going to be an interesting week

Hope all goes well for all. The way its been going i figured it would come to Texas:confused3

Good ??? heck that path puts it right on top of us!!!!!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Well there is allott of time for it to go some where else.... Calling for 4-8 inches of rain if it takes the current projected path! Sure am glad i moved from my old house close to the river...flooded in 94 and 98.....

Hang in there! I've been through a few of those, always left me standing. (Some might say that is a shame, but what do they know??)

:laundy:

I am now a "hurricane veteran"! I survived...Charley, Frances, and Jeanne in 2004. All three eyes went directly over my house! We saw a lot of blue tarp roofs for about a year after that season! In 1992, Andrew exited the state just south of my "then home" in Bradenton. I had never experienced a hurricane before then, and Andrew had lost a lot of it's punch by the time it went thru our area - but at that time - I thought it was powerful. I had no idea until the '04 season just how devastating a hurricane can be! I know where Jen lives - they caught the full impact of Frances and Jeanne. My DH was on "Cat" duty for about 6 months in St. Lucie County after those storms. It was very sad to see all the elderly displaced from their homes with no resources to replace them.

With the economy as bad as it is now...I don't know how people would recover from such storms today. It's a sad thought, but the construction industry would be boosted tremendously by a rip-roaring hurricane. Ugh!!

I know this is minor in the total scheme of things with hurricanes, but I don't want my last full day here to be solid rain. Waaaaaaaah! :sad2:

Sue (in FW! ;) )

Thanks. Apparently Eduardo saw us off, and Fay's going to keep us company half the way home. Sheesh!

Sue (in FW! ;) )

Yikes! What a bummer about the timing...this is back to school week and I'm starting my new (second) job. Looks like I'll be at Walmart tonight after work stocking up on Hurricane supplies. We have shutters we could put up if it comes to that. Spent the '04 season dodging damage successfully so hoping for the same. Safe wishes for all of us living in FL and those visiting at the Fort.

I was in Orange Park for 8 years, left in '87.

Now I get to worry about tornados. Not as big, but no warning.

Orange Park has changed a great deal since '87. You probably would not recognize anything in that area, now. Blanding Blvd is HUGE, and the last I knew - the OP Mall is old and decrepit. <kind of like me>! My two children (by way of my best friend) live in Jax and when both went to purchase homes they steered clear of OP due to the high crime in the area. I know it wasn't that way when you lived there, Rob.

I've never lived thru a tornado - but I guarantee you I will take a hurricane over a tornado any day. With a 'cane you get at least a week's worth of advanced warning & can get yourself prepared. If the 'cane by-passes you, you still have all the beer you stocked up on!! It's a win-win situation!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter