An Open Live Trip Report the Last Week of March 2014

Very nice photos Bama Ed.

My husband & I are hoping to go to FW in a couple years so I'm starting my researching now. :yay:

Snowmedic, where in Vermont are you?

I'm in central VT outside of Rutland :wave2:

Enjoyed your trip report!! Looks like you had a blast at the Fort! If you don't mind me askin...what is the name of the ant powder that you use around your popup? You gave me that tip in a thread and I am preparing for our trip in June. Thanks so much in advance!!

Wonderful dinner at Raglan Road in DTD followed by Wishes on the beach at the Fort. Getting sad that tomorrow is our last day! But there is still Everest to conquer! :)

Had a good dinner at Whispering Canyon last night. So good that I am not hungry this morning. Certainly not hungry enough to eat a Boma buffet! Thinking we may eat pancakes at the camper and do a little shopping at the Meadows this morning before we have our DTD afternoon. Anyone ever do the mini golf or Disney quest? We have tickets to both with our package

libba,
We have done both Disneyquest and the mini golf at Fantasia Gardens. Disneyquest can become very crowded and sometimes difficult to play some of the more popular games. The kids (and sometimes the adults) don't always understand the "play your one game and then let someone else play" rule. There are some fun games to play like Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. Just make sure you are the captain and steering the ship as shooting the cannon can wear you out quickly. Going to Disneyquest earlier in the day might be better as it is sometimes less crowded than at night when more of the older "kids" show up.
If you like mini golf and enjoy playing real golf, then playing the Fairways course at Fantasia Gardens is your game. Where else can you play mini golf and have par 4 holes. It is challenging. My son and I play it at least once every trip. He is the golfer but I usually win because I know how to get inside his head.:rotfl2: There is also a more traditional "fun" course at Fantasia Gardens called "The Gardens" course that would be more suited to younger family members or those who are not interested in getting frustrated and throwing the club in the nearby lake.

1) Had a G-R-R-R-E-A-T visit with Ed & Family.
2) Nice people, super conversation.
3) They offered drink and snacks, but after losing 114#, I politely declined.

SIDE NOTE to M: The Tide needs to learn how to "Script Alabama". Until
then, "Million $ Band" is a tad behind "The Best Damn Band In The Land".

:cool1:

As I said, I had a nice visit with TRS. We talked and laughed a lot (he's the taller one on the right).

I'll catch up on the other posts later tonight but it's going home day. Ya'll still here or headed this way (Jets) feel free to keep it going or do your own thing. But have a good time first and foremost and remember:

You're on vacation. :woohoo:

Bama Ed

Going home day sucks...

I can still remember looking in my mirror and seeing the squirrels lined up on my empty pad waving goodbye...

Well good last day spent at Animal Kingdom! Just did the rides we wanted and had lunch at Flame Tree then rode Kali River rapids where we were 'those people' who got soaked thru so we headed back to the Fort to chill. Bought myself a Mickey watch as my souvenir and now we are going to clean and hook up so we can leave at ' I dark thirty' in the morning to head home. So sad! First we are taking the couple who helped tow us out the first day to dinner at TE.

Well good last day spent at Animal Kingdom! Just did the rides we wanted and had lunch at Flame Tree then rode Kali River rapids where we were 'those people' who got soaked thru so we headed back to the Fort to chill. Bought myself a Mickey watch as my souvenir and now we are going to clean and hook up so we can leave at ' I dark thirty' in the morning to head home. So sad! First we are taking the couple who helped tow us out the first day to dinner at TE.

Awww... such a nice thing to do, libba! I love Fort peoples!:hippie:

Going home day is always the worst. :sad: The memories will always be there, and so will the Fort. :thumbsup2 The drive home will give you plenty of time to decide when you're coming back again, unless you made new ressies while you were there. Hope everyone has a safe trip. :drive:

Very nice photos Bama Ed.

My husband & I are hoping to go to FW in a couple years so I'm starting my researching now. :yay:

Snowmedic, where in Vermont are you?

I'm in central VT outside of Rutland :wave2:

Mishy, I am up in NW VT, Alburgh to be exact. Nice to know that there is someone else on the boards in the Green Mountain state besides me. :woohoo: There is another person on here from Plattsburgh, but I can't remember there Dis Name. :confused3
Planning a trip to the Fort is the greatest. I had to cancel my plans this time around, I was hoping to meet Bama ED.

Enjoyed your trip report!! Looks like you had a blast at the Fort! If you don't mind me askin...what is the name of the ant powder that you use around your popup? You gave me that tip in a thread and I am preparing for our trip in June. Thanks so much in advance!!

dvwm,

Currently I'm using a powder from Home Depot's garden section called "Sevin".

I've also used an Ortho Ant powder in a similar cone canister. Put a sprinkling around anything touching the ground (stabilization pads, wheels, etc). Hoses and power cords represent another way in so apply a thin ring of Vaseline or I've also used an aerosol ant spray.

Some campgrounds to us are pure ant warfare - the Fort this time didn't seem bad but we've had reports in the last year of people having ant issues. Better safe than sorry.

libba, have a safe trip home. It was very nice to meet you and your family on this trip.

Well we are home. A slight delay for an accident in Montgomery and also stopping at Domino's on the way to the house (boy their app works well about 30 minutes from the house).

Just a couple comments. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your participation in the Pre-trip thread as well as the Live-trip thread. The interaction was amazing and judging by the 13k+ view count between the two, I hope a lot of folks who are considering the Fort got a sense of how great it is and how nice you are.

I also want to encourage folks to consider either greeting each other or doing an open Live TR if you are there concurrently. It was fun seeing Peter and Wendy (Mr. and Mrs. Jeepin' Dad) at MK and greeting them by name. Some times of year I would think can support that kind of activity - Halloween and Christmas come to mind. It just takes some one to get the ball rolling but once it starts, it keeps on going for a long time.

I'm going to step back a little now that my excitement and trip have peaked and are over and let others enjoy the buildup to their coming trips. I'll be here cheering on the sidelines and chime in when I can.

I also want to say how easy it is to post pix with an android photobucket app. I would snap pix on my phone and use the pb link to upload to my pb folder. It takes only seconds. When someone was riding a ride I didn't want to, I would copy the IMG link to each pb picture and post it in a DIS reply window. A picture is worth a thousand words. If anyone wants more details, let me know.

Bama Ed

Bama Ed, glad you had a safe trip. I downloaded the PB app to my Galaxy S4. Just testing to see if I can do this. I hope to be able to get out a couple of posts and pics. Here is a pic from our Thanksgiving trip.
20131126_175325_zpsa5914252.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It worked!!!!:cool1: Thanks for the PB app heads up.:thumbsup2

Ed, glad you guys made it in safely.
Looks like you just beat the storms we got coming in tonight and early morning.

Thanks for putting in the time and effort to keep the pics and reports coming. I know it isn't easy. Last trip I had full intentions of posting more and keeping people up to date, but the trip was so fast paced and running around that I could not keep up. So I know how much it takes to do a good report, so here's to ya :worship:

Bama Ed, glad you had a safe trip. I downloaded the PB app to my Galaxy S4. Just testing to see if I can do this. I hope to be able to get out a couple of posts and pics. Here is a pic from our Thanksgiving trip.
20131126_175325_zpsa5914252.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It worked!!!!:cool1: Thanks for the PB app heads up.:thumbsup2

Wow. Looks like a panorama no less.

Bama Ed

Mishy, I am up in NW VT, Alburgh to be exact. Nice to know that there is someone else on the boards in the Green Mountain state besides me. :woohoo:

I may not live there now but I'm still a Vermonter at heart. I was born and raised in Huntington, UVM class of 1996, my parents and sister still live there.

We just got back from watching the Electrical Boat Parade and fireworks from the beach. We'll be up early to pack up, we are having breakfast at Trails End, then head back to PA. It was nice meeting bama_ed and FSU ED, who stopped by the campsite the other morning.

I also want to say how easy it is to post pix with an android photobucket app. I would snap pix on my phone and use the pb link to upload to my pb folder. It takes only seconds. When someone was riding a ride I didn't want to, I would copy the IMG link to each pb picture and post it in a DIS reply window. A picture is worth a thousand words. If anyone wants more details, let me know.

Bama Ed
Awesome, I never thought to look for an app but posting pics from my phone last trip was extremely annoying and I stopped about halfway through.

Thanks for the trip report everyone!

Well we have exited the Fort. Rolled out around 3:45! Now at a rest stop so DH can take a nap for about an hour. DD slept
Until we woke her up at Lake City to eat bfast. It was a wonderful trip despite the chaotic beginning! Had dinner with new friends from Gulfport, Mississippi who helped dig us out on Sunday. Trails end was hopping last night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter