An Open Live Trip Report the Last Week of March 2014

Ok........went to the marina to watch the water parade and the captain of the boat launch from the Contemporary informed us that the parade had been cancelled due to, are you ready for this???? "Not enough fuel to complete the route". Hang on Disers........I sense another ticket increase right around the corner.:confused3:rotfl2::confused3:rotfl2:

Ok........went to the marina to watch the water parade and the captain of the boat launch from the Contemporary informed us that the parade had been cancelled due to, are you ready for this???? "Not enough fuel to complete the route". Hang on Disers........I sense another ticket increase right around the corner.:confused3:rotfl2::confused3:rotfl2:

Maybe they are waiting for the revenue from the parking increases and then maybe if that doesn't work they will hike up ticket prices! :)

A brief trip report......
When we came in Sunday, it had rained most of the day. It actually stopped long enough to get camp set up. After a long day of driving, we decided to relax at the Fort. We made our way down to the marina to see Wishes. A good decision on the DW's part.

IMG_1313_zpsjuh0rkpt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140329_220758_zps9ukoej7v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is a pic of camp set up. Site 122. Bama Ed called it on this one. The 100 loop is nice. As he said, there are many pluses to this loop that you don't pay extra for.

20140401_153108_zpsljaitpup.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Today we started at EPCOT. The DW has never seen the Flower and Garden Festival. She was impressed.
20140401_103416_zpsj58rpi31.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A panoramic Bama Ed. I'm starting to get control of all this power in my hands.:rotfl2:

We then headed over to Hollywood Studios. I must have been holding my mouth just right as I got picked as an extra for Indiana Jones. That's me giving a high 5 to the "extra"

IMG_1350_zps2q92xujd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We are winding down the day at one of our family's favorite off site places, Giordano's pizza out on Apopka-Vineland.

20140401_162712_zps3pts5ngq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140401_170130_zpsc7fnscv4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Time to sit back and relax. Probably going to take the golf cart and do some looping. Hopefully see some fellow Disers.

Jets,

Thanks for posting the pix. You're in a good spot because behind you is the golf cart path through "Pioneer Woods" and you're not backed up to the main road like I was with busses running right behind you. I would think Loop 200 is similar in sharing the benefits but being off to the side would be a little more private and has heavier tree/shade cover.

The pictures of that deep dish pizza makes me nervous just to look at it. :scared: I'd love to eat a piece (or two or three) but I'd have to face the scale in the morning. :crazy2:

Bama ED

Hey tiggerdad.......This guy stopped my cart today and asked me when you were coming back.:confused3
IMG_1327_zpsirzw9hk4.jpg

Last edited:

Yep, he's the informer for the marina area.
I noticed the piece of popcorn in the pic. I know for a fact they really like Froot Loops.

Don't know why, but I had more fun with the squirrels than I did with just about anything else at the Fort.

Roll tide Ed!
I have never stayed at the Wilderness property, nor have I ever camped. It looks great! Thank-you for sharing. Can you tell me where you purchased your (awesome) light post??

Enjoy your holiday

Have a magical day

Roll tide Ed!
I have never stayed at the Wilderness property, nor have I ever camped. It looks great! Thank-you for sharing. Can you tell me where you purchased your (awesome) light post??

Enjoy your holiday

Have a magical day

Mum,

The Mickey Globe light was made from scratch, not bought. The question was asked earlier in this thread and I provided a link on page 3 first post (#31).

Bama Ed

Jets,

When are you going home? The weather looks good the for the next week plus so don't get the itch to fill out a CM job app. :stir:

Bama ED

Bama Ed,
Unfortunately we will be leaving Saturday morning.:sad: Probably pull out around 6 in the morning. We would like to get home before 8. UK plays in the Final Four at approximately 8:45. It will take us about 12 or 13 hours to get home.
Finished up a good day at EPCOT. Getting ready to have dinner at TE. Going early to sit on the porch and relax before dinner. The porch has become one of my favorite pastimes at the Fort. Sitting in a rocking chair watching the people gather for Hoop Dee Doo and the kids play before going in.
The DW said NO to the app until after retirement. "HER" retirement. :sad2:

Side note......The MH next to us is pulling out Saturday. Been here since first of January. Some people have all the luck.::yes::

:wave2: Waving HI! to JETS70! Loved your build journal.. she is a beautiful camper inside and out!:thumbsup2 And a family project, too! Makes it even more special....

We have enjoyed the trip reports from everyone and are so :sad: sad it is over! But look forward to our upcoming trip and reading about others!::yes::

I really enjoyed this entire thread. I wish something like this existed before our first trip. Or maybe it did and I just didn't know it. The info from all the pictures is awesome and I enjoyed hearing about your adventures Bama Ed. We are booked for our 2nd trip to the Fort in October. Can't wait to get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter