• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Election Day thought....

KingLlama

DIS Veteran
Dear DISBoards friends,

On this Election Day, a thought....

Whether you're young or old, rich or poor, conservative, liberal, or moderate, Republican, Democrat, or Independent, regardless of your ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs political philosophy, and who you voted for President....

I hope that after this historic election is over, all of us here on the DISBoards can come together in a show of unity and agree on the one thing that TRULY matters...the fact that Stitch's Great Escape is the worst attraction in the history of the Magic Kingdom.

Thank you.

King Llama

#MakeTomorrowlandGreatAgain

Sorry Llama but I am on the opposite side of the fence, or should I say the opposite side of Tomorrowland. The ultra-conservative party thinks there are more important issues than a ride no one likes. We need to to clean up the classics and bring them back to their former glory. The only way to look forward is to clean up our past. Vacuum up CoP and install speakers that work, and bring back the stars in the Space Mountain queue.

#ReturnTheCookie

Not completely the same but,

I wish all the American posters here a safe, happy and peaceful Election Day. Doesn't matter who you vote for, just that the continuation of one of the greatest democratic traditions is carried out today and tonight.

There wasn't anything wrong with Alien Encounter so why they changed it is a mystery to me (and others according to Disboards). No wonder it's changed to a seasonal attraction, it's the only attraction near to Christmas with no wait time.

I just have to share my sadness. I report election results for Edison Research(they give results to ABC,CNN,FOX, AP etc) Not one person wrote in Mickey Mouse for President. I thought we would have at least one. Honestly this was my first thought while they read off the write ins. My line of thinking was it wasn't bad working for the mouse so he could be in charge. lol

I am a partisan person and there's no room for jokes during this stressful time. In fact I think this discussion is awful.

... Tomorrowland Speedway is clearly the worst MK attraction!

This suuuucks. Truly.

But back to Disney, lbr. Would you rather experience Stitch or Its A Small World?
Stitch, hands down.

Also, Tomorrowland Speedway is ...now that i think about it, the WORST attraction.

I'm saying that as a tall man who could barely fit in the car, let alone drive it. But its just not fun or funny. In theory, driving around is fun for kids i guess, but it just doesn't drive well.

I would not miss it at all.

#bumpercars

I get the nostalgia thing, but that's a whole lotta land that can be used for something great. I see no reason to keep the speedway around.

How about bringing back Horizons? Or building a replica in my backyard?

God i miss that ride so much.

I am a partisan person and there's no room for jokes during this stressful time. In fact I think this discussion is awful.

I want to agree with you but it was one of my favourite rides at MK when I was a child and so this is one of those times when nostalgia and sentiment take over common sense :car:

They will replace Stitch's Great Escape and the new ride will be the greatest ride in the history of rides ever. They can't give us the details though, they need to keep us in suspense.

I just have to share my sadness. I report election results for Edison Research(they give results to ABC,CNN,FOX, AP etc) Not one person wrote in Mickey Mouse for President. I thought we would have at least one. Honestly this was my first thought while they read off the write ins. My line of thinking was it wasn't bad working for the mouse so he could be in charge. lol

Ah, dang! The real question is... How many people wrote in Harambe? :rotfl2:

Ah, dang! The real question is... How many people wrote in Harambe? :rotfl2:

Apparently, 11,000. In an attempt to not talk about politics, I remain silent on my feelings on that issue.

This suuuucks. Truly.

But back to Disney, lbr. Would you rather experience Stitch or Its A Small World?
Stitch, hands down.

Also, Tomorrowland Speedway is ...now that i think about it, the WORST attraction.

I'm saying that as a tall man who could barely fit in the car, let alone drive it. But its just not fun or funny. In theory, driving around is fun for kids i guess, but it just doesn't drive well.

I would not miss it at all.

#bumpercars

I get the nostalgia thing, but that's a whole lotta land that can be used for something great. I see no reason to keep the speedway around.

Well I see two reasons - 1) there has been an Autopia type attraction in (nearly) all Disney parks so their is that nostalgia factor and 2) kids love it! they love getting to drive and have their parents be the passenger, etc.

I agree it is a large amount of land but personally I would rather see it updated to something like electric cars or mag-lev or something more "future" than just gotten rid of

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter