Ample Hills vs. Beaches and Creams?

I like both, for different reasons.

For a sundae, I prefer B&C. I love the No Way Jose, and the fact that the ice cream is more generic allows the toppings to shine.

If I want plain ice cream, Ample Hills is where I go. I have tried their sundaes but the toppings and add ins almost overwhelm the actual ice cream itself. The flavors of the ice cream are more subtle and make for an excellent cone on the go.

Ample Hills & both their Oatmeal Lace & Ooey Gooey Butter Cake are wonderful.

Personally, I think Epcot's L'Artisan des Glaces in the France Pavilion is better than both & is right in the park. The Cinnamon with Carmelized Pecan ice cream is top notch & unique. Their seasonal ice cream macaron is heavenly.

Glad you said it. L'Artisan des Glaces is the BEST ice cream on property. :)

Glad you said it. L'Artisan des Glaces is the BEST ice cream on property. :)

Meh. I found both that and ample hills to be surprisingly underwhelming. The Fountain over at the dolphin just blows them out of the water.

Meh. I found both that and ample hills to be surprisingly underwhelming. The Fountain over at the dolphin just blows them out of the water.

I like gelato way better than regular ice cream and L'Artisan des Glaces (french ice cream) comes a close second. Blows regular ice cream out of the water. The flavors and texture is so decadent you don't need any toppings.
I wish Disney Springs would open a true Gelato stand (the one in Italy isn't the greatest).

I wish Disney Springs would open a true Gelato stand (the one in Italy isn't the greatest).

Yeah but they (Italy pavilion) give you a whole thimble full for $8. If you buy two you can sometimes get an entire bite worth and actually taste it!

I like gelato way better than regular ice cream and L'Artisan des Glaces (french ice cream) comes a close second. Blows regular ice cream out of the water. The flavors and texture is so decadent you don't need any toppings.

Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but isn’t there a gelato place at DS near the Boathouse? I haven’t been in yet, but I remember looking at the menu . . .

Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but isn’t there a gelato place at DS near the Boathouse? I haven’t been in yet, but I remember looking at the menu . . .

There might be! We were there in October but didn't have a lot of time to look around and I may have missed it. :) We don't go back until May 2020, so they have time to build me one if not already there. :rotfl:

Yes, there is a gelato place in DS....I've never tried it yet....but I do love Ample Hills

We ate at both places for the first time on our most recent trip. We ordered the ice cream flight at Ample Hills but it was a hot day and we couldn’t find any shade so it quickly turned into a melted mess. We preferred Beaches and Cream where we could sit indoors and enjoy our sundaes at a leisurely pace.

I will say it is completely different. B&C you sit and eat - I am not sure if you can get the No Way Jose to go - we never tried that. B&C has regular flavors - Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mint, coffee, etc. At Ample Hill it is a take out - no seats. They have regular flavors but also ones that are like "mixins" - so delicious and much creamier than B&C. We are from NYC and this is where Ample Hill started so we eat their ice cream all the time. We have so many favorites. They will give samples to try to see if you like it. We like the ice cream much better at Ample Hill - but the sundaes at B&C are really good - I just wish you could get them all to go - it is so hard to get an ADR. But we would pick Ample Hill every time. I love Nonna D's Oatmeal ice cream and PB wins the cup. My kids love the Butter Cake one.
Enjoy wherever you go!
You can indeed get the No Way Jose to go -- and it was still huge. We did it a couple of times. But I wouldn't pass up the S'mores Shake (alcoholic) which actually beat out the rest of the menu!

I love the No Way Jose, which you can't get at the 'to go' window. Have had ice cream at Ample Hills twice and was not wowed. It was all icy where it melted and refroze. And taste was no different than B&C (which many folks poo poo because it's 'just Edy's'). Don't get the draw.

You can get the No Way Jose at the to go window. I've done it a couple of times in May.

Right now I have a reservation for Beaches and Cream for one of my HS/EPCOT day so I can go and get a Sundae or the famous No Way Jose while I make my way from one park to the other. But I've been reading awesome stuff about Ample Hills Creamery and I want to check it out.

This is a dessert before lunch kinda situation as my ADR is for 1:40pm and my plan is to just grab the ice cream to go and eat lunch at the food booths at Food and Wine Festival, so food at B&C is not a factor at all.

Thoughts on Ample Hills? Best flavors to try? Does it top the No Way Jose?
We much prefer Beaches & Cream.

There is a gelato place in Disney Springs, Vivoli il Gelato, and it is delicious!

Things must have recently changed at Beaches & Cream because 3 weeks ago I got the No Way Jose at the to-go window and my Brother-in-law got a banana split. I wonder if sometimes you are at the mercy of CM on duty at the window?
same for us, , each time we go to the walk up window we have got sundaes! I always get the smaller version of the No way hose, perfect size! We also love Ample hills now that there is another choice in ice cream. But YES you can get sundaes at the to go window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter