Ample Hills or Beaches and Cream?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by NYCgrrl, Oct 31, 2018.

1. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

Beaches & Cream has counter seating as well that is first come first served. You can get the big sundaes there. You can't get the big sundaes at the to-go window, though.

I do agree that Ghiradelli has some great hot fudge, but we are disappointed they removed all peanut products from the store. No more Gold Rush sundae and no nuts on my hot fudge sundae is a downer. We've tried twice there, but haven't found a replacement sundae that measures up to the No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream.

NYCgrrl likes this.
  2. chris benton

chris benton DIS Veteran

I never did get to The Fountain, and here's why:
    Dolphin's newish "Fuel" has a self serve froyo section (kinda like a small "Red Mango" if you are familiar) and they had a flavor labeled, "Dole Whip," and it was about as good you think it was, so, well...any time I thought if trying The Fountain's ice cream, I went for the dole whip froyo instead. Sorry (not really, tho.)

So, as it stands, for my possibly useless opinion, for strawberry ice cream, Ample Hills strawberry was superior to France's raspberry. France's ice cream was no slouch. I've not been to B&C, but if I wanted a sundae, I'd go to Ample Hills - they make sundaes, and their ice cream is noticeably better than Edy's brand, and the flavors are far more interesting, so I'd just assume that a sundae with better ice cream would be better. Just an assumption.

Caveat: We generally stay at an epcot area resort, so we can do Ample Hills and walk to our room if we don't wanna sit on one of the BW benches.

snappy and NYCgrrl like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. nkereina

Possibly, but I'd say Beaches & Cream sundaes are larger and have more options for toppings. Not sure how the price compares. Beaches & Cream also has seating and can be full service if you want it to be. Just depends on what someone is looking for.

NYCgrrl likes this.
  5. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

The counter seating isn't first come, first served. They seat people with ADRs there all the time. If they are accepting walk ups and you are a smaller party (up to 4), they will seat you at the counter most likely, although there will be a wait. They don't reserve the counter for walk ups or anything like that.

reluctantredhead and NYCgrrl like this.
  6. nkereina

We ate there two weeks ago and the family of 4 in front of us, who did not have an ADR, came in and were seated at the counter. DH and I, who did have an ADR, were seated at a table. So while its not for walk-ups as in you can walk in and sit down like a bar, you can check-in with the hostess and if there is availability at the counter, you will be permitted to sit there.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 3:34 PM
    reluctantredhead and NYCgrrl like this.
  7. DisneyDetective

DisneyDetective DIS Veteran

Never heard of Ample Hills before however Ghiradelli at Disney Springs is my favourite!

snappy and NYCgrrl like this.
  8. snappy

snappy Survivor

Try ample hills. It’s on the boardwalk and worth the walk over. DH does love the hot fudge sundae at Ghiradelli but going to Disney springs is not worth the trouble anymore when we can walk down from our boardwalk villa.