Americans and Canadians culture Q&A Thread.

I just might knock on your door some day. Especially since it’s only 9°C (feels like 4°). We’ve had so much rain that I expect the grass will ooze like a sponge if you step on it.
48 degrees F is warm weather for Canadians right? (Joking) 🤣

I would LOVE to go stormchasing. If I had a bucket list, it would be #2, right after seeing the Grand Canyon.

Suffice it to say I will stay north of the 49th parallel for the foreseeable future.
Your loss. Everyone should see hte Grand Canyon sometime in their lifetime. And a few of the other national parks in that area.

Seems like a cool place.
Incredibly cool and the coolest thing about it is that you drive through a hundred miles of verdant farm land to get there, lush and abundant, then turn a corner and the earth drops out from under you. It feels like falling through a portal into another world. And for anybody that’s into paleontology, the Royal Tyrrell Museum is recognized as one of the foremost facilities in the world. The amazing topography also lends itself perfectly to the site of an annual Passion Play that attracts visitors from around the globe; similar to Oberammergau.

1654008730775.png1654002987163.jpeg

Incredibly cool and the coolest thing about it is that you drive through a hundred miles of verdant farm land to get there, lush and abundant, then turn a corner and the earth drops out from under you. It feels like falling through a portal into another world. And for anybody that’s into paleontology, the Royal Tyrrell Museum is recognized as one of the foremost facilities in the world. The amazing topography also lends itself perfectly to the site of an annual Passion Play that attracts visitors from around the globe; similar to Oberammergau.

View attachment 673022View attachment 673001
Is there a national park/historical site in the USA that you would like to visit?

That's not the norm in Canada in my experience. Today is 31/05/22 (day/month/year) to most Canadians (again, in my experience).
This is how I was instructed in school, and still use.

I wonder if it is just going by the wayside, along with the word serviette.
I love young Canadians' faces when I ask for one.

Is there a national park/historical site in the USA that you would like to visit?
Any & many (And like Annette cities are my thing).

Acadia is a wish. Along with Yosemite.

But heck I get excited by your rest stops. :laughing: Like truly excited. How I love a road trip.
Ours suck in comparison, well in Ontario & Quebec at least. I have been in most other provinces I just can't remember if their rest stops are as abysmal.

So much love to those who had vision on both choices. I know Teddy and Woodrow had a hand in the parks. And I just looked up that Eisenhower is responsible for interstates.
Remember when all our politicians had vision instead of simply keeping the lid on. Sigh.

Any & many (And like Annette cities are my thing).

Acadia is a wish. Along with Yosemite.

But heck I get excited by your rest stops. :laughing: Like truly excited. How I love a road trip.
Ours suck in comparison, well in Ontario & Quebec at least. I have been in most other provinces I just can't remember if their rest stops are as abysmal.

So much love to those who had vision on both choices. I know Teddy and Woodrow had a hand in the parks. And I just looked up that Eisenhower is responsible for interstates.
Remember when all our politicians had vision instead of simply keeping the lid on. Sigh.

I thought I was the only one with a love of rest stops on the US interstate highways! lol

The ones on the NY state thruway and Mass Pike are my favourites!
(love having the amenities for each listed online.. makes decisions on which to stop at easier! 😆)

View attachment 673022View attachment 673001

And you can visit head-smashed-in-Buffalo-jump (which is just fun to say).

I didn't realise that Alberta had a well-known Passion play. Thanks for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter