American girl doll

Well, discovered shipping would eat any savings from the coupon code so I'll just pick up the dolls at the local store in later October or December.
If you are thinking about getting McKenna, the Girl of the Year, I would do it in October because the GOTY always sells out well before Christmas.

I asked at the local AG store and she said they usually don't have a sale, per se, but rather a free item with purchase of a certain amount or more. Usually something they might be trying to clear out. She said they can't disclose what it is until that BF.

AG often has "purchase with purchase outfits"- being able to buy a certain outfit (and yes, it's something that they're trying to unload) for, say, half price with a $X purchase of other items.

OP and others, a great place to get the low down on AG, including sales and anything else you'd want to know, is www.agplaythings.com.

WEll I ordered a doll and it says that it is being shipped, but I am wondering if the package that is sent to the house says American Girl on it?? It is for my daughter for Christmas and I am worried she will see the box??

jjj444 said:
WEll I ordered a doll and it says that it is being shipped, but I am wondering if the package that is sent to the house says American Girl on it?? It is for my daughter for Christmas and I am worried she will see the box??

AG ships in brown boxes and I don't recall it had their information stamped on it anywhere (but would be on the shipping label) but its been a few years since we ordered.

Which doll did you get?

My daughter is crazy for them - she has 8 and they are all immaculate. She has created a house for them and makes all kinds of neat stuff like laptops, iphones etc (there are some great craft tutorials on utube for making stuff for AG, my daughter has a few videos uploaded).

robinb said:
If you are thinking about getting McKenna, the Girl of the Year, I would do it in October because the GOTY always sells out well before Christmas.

I second this. I bought McKenna last week at our local AG store and the salesgirl told me I was smart to buy so early because in another month or so McKenna will be really hard to find. She said they're also expecting Caroline to be a big seller because she's new, so she may be HTF as well.

Pesky said:
I asked at the local AG store and she said they usually don't have a sale, per se, but rather a free item with purchase of a certain amount or more. Usually something they might be trying to clear out. She said they can't disclose what it is until that BF.

And they do have the AG dogs at Costco in a travel set -- the dog, 2 dishes, placemat, book and travel bed for $23. Good deal considering the pets are $22 alone! They have Pepper the husky, Honey the yellow lab and Sugar the lhasa apso.

Thanks! Since I already bought my daughter's doll, looks like I'll have to shop online Cyber Monday.

The return address will not say American Girl. I believe it is Pleasant Company...or something along those lines. :thumbsup2

The packages that I have gotten all say "American Girl" as the sender. You might need to run interception if you don't want her to see it.

I just got a shipment from them a week ago, and it came in a brown box with American Girl written in large red letters. I just told my kids that I am holding that for a friend whose daughter is getting stuff for her upcoming birthday.

OP, AG usually puts out a free shipping code around this time of year. it should be released in the next week or so.

Im hoping on the free shipping code soon! Id rather not drive into Chicago to pick up 3 dolls =) I plan on getting Cecilia for my oldest and 2 Just Like Me dolls for my younger 2.

Cant wait for a free shipping code. But REALLY cant wait for cyberspace Monday.

Last time I ordered the label said American girl.

I was at our Costco (Northern California) yesterday and they had the mini dolls with book sets and the pets there. Lots in stock and if i recall they were around $34.99 possibly for the book/doll sets. Also looking forward to the free shipping coupon. Santa brought DD Kanani last year and she refuses to play with her lately because her hair is all tangled. Anyone have ideas for getting the hair untangled? Everytime I brush it and put it in a braid tons comes out. Thanks!

I was at our Costco (Northern California) yesterday and they had the mini dolls with book sets and the pets there. Lots in stock and if i recall they were around $34.99 possibly for the book/doll sets. Also looking forward to the free shipping coupon. Santa brought DD Kanani last year and she refuses to play with her lately because her hair is all tangled. Anyone have ideas for getting the hair untangled? Everytime I brush it and put it in a braid tons comes out. Thanks!

Just go to Youtube and type in Downey Dunk American Girl Doll. The videos will show you how to soak the hair in fabric softner to get the tangles out. I have done this many times on my DD8's AG dolls and it works great. Just remember follow the directions and cover the eyes.

Good Luck!

Make sure you are spraying the hair lightly with water as you're brushing. Their hair should never be brushed dry.

I just saved $17 on shipping using code PF29096. Can't wait for my daughter's first doll to arrive.

I was able to use the free shipping code today to purchase McKenna for my daughter for Christmas. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the shipping code. I just saved $26 on my order.
I got McKenna, an American Girl doll that looks like my oldest, a bitty baby and another brush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter