American girl doll

jjj444

DIS Veteran
About to order my daughter a doll and thought I would ask first do they ever go on sale or are there ever coupons?? Thanks

I have never seen the dolls go on sale.

Mark your calendar for Cyber Monday. Really good buys on the extras!

There is a code out right now - good until 9/30

173471 for $10 off $50

Last year the New Orleans historical characters were on sale

I don't think the dolls go on sale very often at the stores or online, but they do have 2 fantastic warehouse sales if you live anywhere near Wisconsin. One in Madison that mostly has dolls - I got a new in box, Marie-Grace for $25 and there is one in Wilmot that has clothing and accessories for 50-75% off. Both well worth a trip if you are anywhere near there!

I think the New Orleans dolls last year was the first time they ever specifically had dolls on sale. As said there are sometimes $X off codes, usually a free shipping code in the late fall.

Sometimes there are bundled deals (a doll with a certain couple outfits or accessories for a lower price than they'd be individually.)

There is a sale page online and the Cyber Monday sale generally is pretty good. (Be ready to go online at midnight, Wisconsin time! :lmao:) Neither of those have dolls though. It's clothes and accessories, usually ones that are on their way out {eg have made a couple rounds on the sale page already.}

I don't think the dolls go on sale very often at the stores or online, but they do have 2 fantastic warehouse sales if you live anywhere near Wisconsin. One in Madison that mostly has dolls - I got a new in box, Marie-Grace for $25 and there is one in Wilmot that has clothing and accessories for 50-75% off. Both well worth a trip if you are anywhere near there!

I would love some more info about these....I always have heard of the big warehouse sale in Madison but that is all I know (my dd has just gotten into AG) we live 30 min away from madison so i would love to go...

I tried using the coupon code this morning but it did not work. I googled it and it said it expired 9/20...:(

Anyone else have luck with it?

Each of my 3 girls have American dolls, each have a different doll.
I have not ever seen them go on sale. We have closets full of American girl doll beds, bedding for dolls, clothes, bakery sets, washer and dryer sets, picnic tables, food, ect ect .... You get it. :) it is never ending, but this stuff is adorable, durable and well made, and someday my girls will be able to give their dolls and stuff to thief daughters!

I have never seen the dolls go on sale, but cyber monday has huge discounts on accessories. If you don't need items to be "official" American girl, then try Target for clothes, etc. Their "my generation doll" is the same size, also I have purchased a ton of stuff on ebay, both authentic and generic.

And as a tip to keep in mind, my DD was a huge American Girl fan. We have tons of stuff. Once my son broke her canapy bed for one of her dolls. When I called to get a replacement canapy, which they didn't have the part I needed, they told me to send the bed back and they would ship me a new one, no cost, just shipping. They told me there products are guaranteed. So if you have any problems, call customer service, its been great for me.

Well, discovered shipping would eat any savings from the coupon code so I'll just pick up the dolls at the local store in later October or December. Question though: do the accessories that go on sale include the pets? DD really wants a cat to go with the Bitty Twins she is asking Santa for. Thanks!

Thy sometimes have the pets at Costco packaged with a book for about 15$ they are American girl ones but not the exact same as the store.

Last year in early November I got the New Orleans girls for 25% off. I got both dolls, an extra outfit each and their accessories for $200. That is the best sale I have seen over the years but they usually have some sort of deal where you can get a doll and a dress for less than full price.

Right before Easter and thanksgiving, usually they will offer an free shipping code that can save you $20+ depending on how much you are buying.

Does anyone know if the actual stores have any Black Friday sales? An AG store recently opened near me, so shopping in the store (even with crazy crowds) would be easier for me.

Thy sometimes have the pets at Costco packaged with a book for about 15$ they are American girl ones but not the exact same as the store.

I have seen the pets at Books a million and Barnes and Noble too.

Does anyone know if the actual stores have any Black Friday sales? An AG store recently opened near me, so shopping in the store (even with crazy crowds) would be easier for me.

I was in the Minneapolis store one year on Black Friday- no sales.
Their big push is the Cyber Monday sale (though that is usually items that are on their way out vs the new merchandise.)

I asked at the local AG store and she said they usually don't have a sale, per se, but rather a free item with purchase of a certain amount or more. Usually something they might be trying to clear out. She said they can't disclose what it is until that BF.

And they do have the AG dogs at Costco in a travel set -- the dog, 2 dishes, placemat, book and travel bed for $23. Good deal considering the pets are $22 alone! They have Pepper the husky, Honey the yellow lab and Sugar the lhasa apso.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter