Am I reading this correctly?

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Am I reading correctly that staring June 15 there will be no restrictions or testing required to island hop? So if we stayed a week in Oahu and then went to Maui for example we wouldn’t have to test to go to Maui? And this is for all travelers not just Hawaii residents?

Just want to make sure I’m interpreting this correctly:)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kh...inter-island-travel-restrictions-june-15/amp/

Am I reading correctly that staring June 15 there will be no restrictions or testing required to island hop? So if we stayed a week in Oahu and then went to Maui for example we wouldn’t have to test to go to Maui? And this is for all travelers not just Hawaii residents?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kh...inter-island-travel-restrictions-june-15/amp/

I interpret this to mean that it applies to Hawaii residents only. The article goes on to say this:

“When the state reaches the 60% mark, Ige said even more restrictions will be lifted.
“We will accept, through the Safe Travels (Program), vaccine cards from travelers coming from the US,” Ige said.
That means all transpacific travelers will be exempt from quarantine and testing as long as they can prove they were vaccinated in the United States, according to Department of Health Director Dr. Libby Char.”

You need to be vax in Hawaii or if not then do Safe Travels until Hawaii reaches 60 percent vax.

I'm in the same boat as you island hopping from Oahu to Kauai. I called Safe Travels Hawaii and got an email direct from Safe Travels Hawaii Service Desk so I thought I'd share it here:

Copied her email word for word and then copied the link in the insert.

If you are not subjected to quarantine by the time you arrive in Hawaii and will go on an inter-island trip by June 15 onwards, you will be allowed to travel inter-island without restrictions. Please see screenshot taken from the website:

I also carefully scrutinized Lt. Gov's social media and it appears from the posts that there will be no restrictions come June 15 for ALL inter-island travelers full stop.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1623167424465.png
    1623167424465.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 11

You are correct. After June 15, you can island hop with nothing more than a ticket 👍🏻

Just know that different counties still have different regulations. For example, I think Maui doesn’t allow certain types of face coverings (still required indoors) but Oahu does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter