Am I missing something????

senecabeach

Have a Disney Day !!!
Need a sanity check....please????

I am a DVC member and saving my points for a family blowout in May '06.
That said......
Am planning a solo trip in September for 4 nights (Fri-Tues).
I bought my 1st AP (with my DVC discount).

I have also been waiting for the codes to come out, assuming maybe I could stay @ the Poly, GF,CR..etc,...but...

I checked the rent/trade boards here on the DIS... :disrocks:

I can get a "studio" (frig,sink,coffee pot,microwave,lr,table/chair,balcony)...say @ the BWV or BCV for $10. per point, need 68 points ($680)..which is $170. nightly!!

That's $170. nightly (no 11.5% resort tax or hidden hotel charges)!!!
I don't find that extravagant for the location or accomodations provided.
I did check the "rack rate" for all the Deluxe and DVC resorts and they are certainly pricey!!

So...How "GOOD" are the AP codes..if/when they come out?? :listen: :listen:

So why am I waiting for these codes???

Am I missing something???

Well, the AP rates were about $199 for studios at that time, OKW may have been a little less.

SHHH it's a great secret isn't it? I was at OKW for $90/night earlier this month!!!!

I'm a bit afraid of renting points. No guarantees. Also, no ability to cancel.

Also, do you miss the mousekeeping?

I didn't miss the mousekeeping, since I practically live in hotels for 10-14 days at a time, and request NO SERVICE most of the time.

As to renting points, yes, there is definitely an element of trust, and you do get locked in. ie cancellations are an issue.

So for a lot of ppl paying $29 more for the AP rate (plus tax) is the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter