• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

What types of juices are offered in the CL? Just wanting something to mix with my rum in the afternoons..lol FOund these cute clear plastic pink, green, blue tiki cups at my local dollar tree and bought them just for this purpose..Think it will be great for lounging in the room, pool or beach..

Another question do they have flavored coffee creamer in the CL? id perfer it so I will bring my own if they dont..

Nice quiet photo for this Sunday morning!!!

101_1520.jpg

And the lounge from the third floor.

101_1454.jpg

Finally, anyone want to go for a ride???

101_1428.jpg

Be persistant! I couldn't upgrade for our Oct. trip. Have called about everyday for 2 week. Yesterday I scored a lagoon view CL :cool1: I spent most of the evening drooling over the TPV CL views, knowing they are the best, but I know the lagoon would have been fine.

On a whim I called this morning at :banana: I was able to get the TPV room!!!!:love: :cloud9: :cool1: Now I am not changing my room at all again! I just pray for pixiedust: that they will come out with AP rates and we can change to that so we can save a little more money.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep trying.

What types of juices are offered in the CL? Just wanting something to mix with my rum in the afternoons..lol FOund these cute clear plastic pink, green, blue tiki cups at my local dollar tree and bought them just for this purpose..Think it will be great for lounging in the room, pool or beach..

Another question do they have flavored coffee creamer in the CL? id perfer it so I will bring my own if they dont..

No flavored creamers in CL--not sure if Captain Cook's have flavored creamer.

We have used the blended juice made in the CL lounge as a mixer for rum. They don't put that juice out until later in the day, perfect timing for swim time and rum. Other than that, there is orange and cranberry juices. :thumbsup2

Thanks Tess...

One more question sorry making my packing list..LOL

Did I read correctly that the rooms have Ihome alarm clocks? Meaning I can play my ipod through it as well as charge it? Sorry Im new to the ipod things..lol Just got mine ipod touch for moms day..

Thanks Tess...

One more question sorry making my packing list..LOL

Did I read correctly that the rooms have Ihome alarm clocks? Meaning I can play my ipod through it as well as charge it? Sorry Im new to the ipod things..lol Just got mine ipod touch for moms day..

Hi blue jasmine! Yes, Emma played her ipod touch through the Ihome in our room - so yours should work too! Happy packing!!!! :goodvibes

Hi blue jasmine! Yes, Emma played her ipod touch through the Ihome in our room - so yours should work too! Happy packing!!!! :goodvibes

:idea:

Sounds like a good way to get the OLD music loop back to the Poly. Everyone load up your iPods and iPhones before you go. :laughing:

I think I'm going to do just this, just in case I miss the old loop too much while I'm there.

Now I have to get past how much this trip will cost us and find my excitement over going to WDW again :)

Teeks, we have been to Disney many times, but this will be our first time at a deluxe resort up from moderate - nearly doubling the cost of the vacation. :scared1: I so totally understand the anxiety. I reassure myself that there are a few things that are totally worth it and do last forever - like the incredible family memories from our trips to DW. :lovestruc

Be encouraged! I know you'll have a wonder-filled time! ::yes::

Hello everyone! Can you tell me all of the places where I can get Kona coffee and Tonga toast? I assume I can get them at Kona Cafe but I wasn't sure what I could get at Captain Cooks or O'hana. Thanks

Thanks for posting more photos Zuzu03. That view from the lounge is fantastic! We like to stay TPV, but have not ventured into CL yet. Crap, now you're making me wish we had! :headache: (have yet to convince DH it's worth the extra $$ because he'd still want TPV)

We are planning a family trip to Disney for Feb 2011. DH and I are the grandparents, daughter and 8 yr old grandson, son and daughter in law. Arrival will be midweek or towards end of school vacation week into the following week probably Tuesday or Weds.
We were planning on staying offsite at a condo as we have before.... then a health scare made me realize that life is too short,,,and I want to stay at the Polynesian!!
So, I am about to embark on our journey to plan this trip.
Can you help?
Do I make our room ressies now? Am I too late because of school vacations?
Will I be able to get better rates later?
We are Florida residents but I don't know if Feb is a time they give resident discounts. My husband is also retired military.

I would like room suggestions also. I think we'd prefer quiet and central. I dont want to be a LONG walk from the monorail. I think we'd just go to the beach to watch the fireworks vs watching from the room even if we could.
I dont think I want 1st floor... probably would want 3rd... do you have to walk up or are there elevators?

I have read through all these pages, now have to go read all the links! Thanks to all who are sharing. Amazing how exciting a picture is!

I cannot tell you how excited this makes me to think about planning this at long last. Hopefully the health things works out ok and we just have an amazing time.

Any advice- ALL advice, greatly appreciated.

COngrats on making the decision to stay at the Poly Naples..Your right life is too short!

Not sure about Feb as Ive never been at that time of yr and I also dont have any idea about fla discount but you can check disneyworld.com and towards the bottom it will have something you can click on that says best times to visit and you can check that!

Quiet and centralized..Tikiman's site says Nuie is next to GCH and has the quiet pool on one side so maybe you can request that side. He also says Rapa Nui is quiet and close to the TTC!

Have fun planning!

I think the blended juice they have in the afternoons would be great with rum--DH and I remarked several times that we wished we had a bottle of rum. I would get a cup or two and bring them back to the room with me when we got back to the resort for the afternoon. ahhhhh:lovestruc

Can you help?
Do I make our room ressies now? Am I too late because of school vacations?
Will I be able to get better rates later?
We are Florida residents but I don't know if Feb is a time they give resident discounts. My husband is also retired military.

I would like room suggestions also. I think we'd prefer quiet and central. I dont want to be a LONG walk from the monorail. I think we'd just go to the beach to watch the fireworks vs watching from the room even if we could.
I dont think I want 1st floor... probably would want 3rd... do you have to walk up or are there elevators?

I have read through all these pages, now have to go read all the links! Thanks to all who are sharing. Amazing how exciting a picture is!

I cannot tell you how excited this makes me to think about planning this at long last. Hopefully the health things works out ok and we just have an amazing time.

Any advice- ALL advice, greatly appreciated.
I would make a reservation as soon as you know when you're going. If discounts come out, you may be able to apply them later--so keep looking! This year and last year the military rate was 40%--we used it to stay Concierge level over July 4th--a huge money saver! They haven't announced the military discounts until early January and that's only IF they do one for next year.

I really have no recommendation for room location. We stayed in the Hawaii building--concierge. It was nicely located. I think if I stayed in a non-concierge room, I'd choose Samoa. A pool on either side and very close to the GCH. We like 3rd floor because we feel it's more quiet: no one walking/stomping around overhead. There are elevators.

We had a garden view. It sure would've been nice to view fireworks right from our room, but it was certainly not difficult to walk out to the beach, either.

Hello everyone! Can you tell me all of the places where I can get Kona coffee and Tonga toast? I assume I can get them at Kona Cafe but I wasn't sure what I could get at Captain Cooks or O'hana. Thanks

There is a coffee bar in the mornings outside of Kona that sells Kona Coffee..As well as Kona which serves the coffee and tonga toast. I prefer to get my Tonga toast from room service or Capt Cooks and save Kona for lunch or dinner..

Ohana doesnt serve Tonga toast..

I have more photos!:scared1::woohoo:

100_2393.jpg

100_2353.jpg

Views from Rm 3520--Hawaii, 3rd floor, second from the end--the end opposite the lounge.

Straight:
IMG_7807.jpg

Left:
IMG_7806.jpg

Right:
IMG_7805.jpg

We paid for Garden view and that's exactly what we got! I was a little disappointed, but not enough to request a change. It was July 3, after all, and I was happy to just have the room.

This was waiting for us when we arrived:
IMG_7801.jpg

Our room:
IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

After the first night, the mousekeeper made the daybed up everyday like this for DD16. She said it was plenty comfortable.
IMG_7952.jpg

Coconut races @ Ohana
IMG_8265.jpg

IMG_8266.jpg

DH's birthday "cake". His bday was the day before we left, so I didn't want a big cake so private dining made this up for us. yummy!

IMG_8500.jpg

IMG_8501.jpg

Luau photos: We had level 2 seats--we were the front table, but off to the side. Still a great view of the action. I'm glad we went to the show, despite some poor reviews I've read online. First, I didn't go for the food. It was just ok, IMO. The salad was great, as were the veggies. We were able to get more of both when asked. Service was definitely slow--we waited a long time for more water. The dessert was....not so good. A chocolate mousse volcano with raspberry sauce lava. On top of a pineapple sauce. The chicken and ribs were ok. Chicken was basic roasted, and the ribs were more the country-style ribs--a little larger and greasier than spare ribs. The show was a little hokie at the beginning--as I was warned. The part of the show with the traditional Polynesian dances and the fire dancer was worth it, though. My DS13 became a little restless until the fire dancer!

Here are some photos--it was tough to get good ones so I apologize for the blurriness.

IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8202.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG_8214.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8218.jpg

IMG_8222.jpg

IMG_8223.jpg

IMG_8225.jpg

IMG_8227.jpg

IMG_8226.jpg

Some towel animals! We had a great mousekeeper for most of our trip. She was awesome. The 2 days she was off, we could definitely tell the difference, but it wasn't bad. That person just wasn't as friendly and didn't have the attention to detail. It was always clean, though.

IMG_8144.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8146.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_8477.jpg

IMG_8476.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter