All Star Music Renovations

Checking in 2/24, have Broadway as first preference, and highest floor as second. Crossing fingers! We have stayed in the Jazz buildings in the past, but I would prefer a remodeled room over the proximity to the main areas for this trip. Will keep ya'll posted.

So if I'm reading the dates right from the first post, and how long it took each building... it looks like about 60 days or so average. If that is the case, they maybe be halfway done by July?

I have a work conference in Orlando that ends on the 25th of July and we are thinking of hopping over to an All-Star for a short trip...

Any thoughts or guesses on how safe it will be to book All Star Music, if we hope for a refurbished room (with 2 queen beds)?

So if I'm reading the dates right from the first post, and how long it took each building... it looks like about 60 days or so average. If that is the case, they maybe be halfway done by July?

I have a work conference in Orlando that ends on the 25th of July and we are thinking of hopping over to an All-Star for a short trip...

Any thoughts or guesses on how safe it will be to book All Star Music, if we hope for a refurbished room (with 2 queen beds)?

All Star Movies is completely done, so if you want a guaranteed refurbished room you'll want to plan to stay there. I've felt like the refurb at Music has gone fairly quickly compared to Movies, but I also wonder how much that is because they completely stopped the refurb at Movies for about 5 months after they had started. :confused3 Anyway, I'd think July would be fairly safe, but again the only guarantee would be movies.

All Star Movies is completely done, so if you want a guaranteed refurbished room you'll want to plan to stay there. I've felt like the refurb at Music has gone fairly quickly compared to Movies, but I also wonder how much that is because they completely stopped the refurb at Movies for about 5 months after they had started. :confused3 Anyway, I'd think July would be fairly safe, but again the only guarantee would be movies.
Thanks, We've stayed at Movies twice in the refurbed rooms, the most recent in mid-November. So I know its done. I wouldn't mind movies again.

But I probably should have included in my posted, that I am looking at Music because I have a deal that makes it cheaper to stay at Music and Sports, compared to Movies. And Sports is out because it looks like sports hasn't been touched yet.

Thanks, We've stayed at Movies twice in the refurbed rooms, the most recent in mid-November. So I know its done. I wouldn't mind movies again.

But I probably should have included in my posted, that I am looking at Music because I have a deal that makes it cheaper to stay at Music and Sports, compared to Movies. And Sports is out because it looks like sports hasn't been touched yet.
Do you know if you can book standard or preferred? Two preferred buildings are finished but I’m almost tempted to suggest standard because I think those will be the majority of the buildings worked on in the near future

Do you know if you can book standard or preferred? Two preferred buildings are finished but I’m almost tempted to suggest standard because I think those will be the majority of the buildings worked on in the near future
The deal I have is for Standard room.

If I had to guess... i would think by July they should be at least done with the Country section... but speculation is all up in the air.

I would honestly go ahead and book it. Is it refundable? That way as it gets closer you could book somewhere else if progress slows way down
It's refundable. But one time use, so once I book this, then need to change, it will be at "current rates". So no discount unless the Fun & Sun deal still has availability, or they come out with another special.

I might just use the offer for Pop. It's not much more, but wife isn't keen on staying there (thinks Pop was loud, and Movies was quieter, so was hoping Music was as quiet). At least it's a guaranteed 2 queen room at Pop for as cheap as possible (since we did 11 days just before Thanksgiving, wife wants this stay to be on the cheap, and make use of some of the nights for the work event too).

It's refundable. But one time use, so once I book this, then need to change, it will be at "current rates". So no discount unless the Fun & Sun deal still has availability, or they come out with another special.

I might just use the offer for Pop. It's not much more, but wife isn't keen on staying there (thinks Pop was loud, and Movies was quieter, so was hoping Music was as quiet). At least it's a guaranteed 2 queen room at Pop for as cheap as possible (since we did 11 days just before Thanksgiving, wife wants this stay to be on the cheap, and make use of some of the nights for the work event too).
I like pop a lot. Plus you would get the skyliner. If you want a quieter room you could ask them to add one of the lake facing rooms as a request

Building 6 has officially started ☺☺☺

I figured it was coming. We were in building 6 and they were getting very close to us.This remodeling is moving along really well. I also want to let people know that had I not known about the construction work I wouldn't have even noticed it. They were extremely clean and quiet, it didn't affect our experience at all.

For November 2020 are we thinking of having a good chance at a refurb room?
I would say so. They started this refurb in September and have completed three buildings so far and are working on two. I think one of the ones they are working on is nearly complete as well. Someone also had previously posted that the goal was October 2020 to be completely done, don't know if that is true or not.

So it's February 12 and this whole thing started toward the end of September. That means we're nearly 5 months into the refurb and they have started the 5th building now out of 10. I don't believe that pace will allow them to completely finish in a year (would need to be done with building 6 by the end of March), but it shouldn't be much more than that.

Bathroom question: in the regular (non suite) rooms, are there shower only rooms (not ADA roll in showers)? Apparently some resorts have a mix of tub/shower combos and shower-only, and I’m wondering if Music’s renovations will make it similar. I’m going with a 4-year-old who doesn’t like showers, so I’m hoping for a tub.

Bathroom question: in the regular (non suite) rooms, are there shower only rooms (not ADA roll in showers)? Apparently some resorts have a mix of tub/shower combos and shower-only, and I’m wondering if Music’s renovations will make it similar. I’m going with a 4-year-old who doesn’t like showers, so I’m hoping for a tub.

Great question! Hopefully someone who has been there will know the answer. I'm sure tub/shower combos will still outnumber shower-only rooms, but again hopefully we'll find out if anyone has stayed in a regular room with a shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter