All Star Music Renovations

I saw a post last week (not sure here or somewhere else) that said it looked like building 9 construction had finished and it looked like internal set up and finishes. They said rooms where filled with furniture wrapped in plastic and they were first guest in there room and there bed still had plastic on it

I saw a post last week (not sure here or somewhere else) that said it looked like building 9 construction had finished and it looked like internal set up and finishes. They said rooms where filled with furniture wrapped in plastic and they were first guest in there room and there bed still had plastic on it
There was someone on this thread recently that stayed in Building 9, but it wasn't all complete at the time. I'm just wanting to keep Post #1 as updated as possible.

Thanks to everyone who had posted updates.

I’ll be there mid-May and wonder if anyone has an estimate on how many buildings are likely to be done. Does anyone know how long Movies took? I was thinking that maybe renovating the suites took longer, and the pace might pick up now that they’re in standard rooms.

Thanks to everyone who had posted updates.

I’ll be there mid-May and wonder if anyone has an estimate on how many buildings are likely to be done. Does anyone know how long Movies took? I was thinking that maybe renovating the suites took longer, and the pace might pick up now that they’re in standard rooms.
It took roughly between March-October of last year to finish Movies.

It took roughly between March-October of last year to finish Movies.
In total, it stretched out even into 2018 though because they did Toy Story, one of the Fantasias, and I think at least one Love Bug before they took a break for like 2-3 months, before picking back up in March.

In total, it stretched out even into 2018 though because they did Toy Story, one of the Fantasias, and I think at least one Love Bug before they took a break for like 2-3 months, before picking back up in March.
Yeah sorry about that. It went from March 23, 2018-October 20, 2019. I had to go back to the old thread and check

I've got my fingers crossed that the work moves along and more of the resort is refurbed by August. We're currently booked on a bounceback at POP (mostly because of the refurbed rooms) but much prefer the buses and set up at the All Stars. I know Movies isn't on the bounceback offer, but we would love to switch to (a refurbished) Music for our August trip. We don't care for the idea of Skyliner accessibility enough to justify the premium on the room at POP. Here's hoping the work at Music moves quickly!!

We habe a bounceback trip in August too - and I am hoping for a non-refurb room lol! We'd like to pop an air mattress down to avoid bed sharing and have heard the refurbed rooms just have no space - not even for a narrow air mattress.

Checked in today, got a renovated room. Booked a standard room and requested Broadway when I booked, as my friend is a huge musical fan. For the heck of it, called from the airport this morning and requested an updated room. Assigned to building 8. We’re loving it.

Checked in today, got a renovated room. Booked a standard room and requested Broadway when I booked, as my friend is a huge musical fan. For the heck of it, called from the airport this morning and requested an updated room. Assigned to building 8. We’re loving it.
Awesome! Have a fun trip

We are here now. Arrived Saturday for a 6 night stay. Booked standard and got standard alright. They couldn't have put us much farther back in building 6 Country Fair. Saw them working on the back of building 7 this morning. Yes we have an extra walk, but it's not that bad. Just more steps for the Fitbit. 🤣

I requested building 8 for our trip in two weeks. Still hoping for a refurbed room.

We are here now. Arrived Saturday for a 6 night stay. Booked standard and got standard alright. They couldn't have put us much farther back in building 6 Country Fair. Saw them working on the back of building 7 this morning. Yes we have an extra walk, but it's not that bad. Just more steps for the Fitbit. 🤣
Awesome thank you! Sorry your room is so far away lol. Did you notice it building 9 looks done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts