All Star Movies Renovations

Here now in renovated room in Fantasia. Looking across the pool it doesn’t seem like they are working on the other fantasia bldg. I’ll take a walk sometime this week to see if any renovations are going on.​

Here now in renovated room in Fantasia. Looking across the pool it doesn’t seem like they are working on the other fantasia bldg. I’ll take a walk sometime this week to see if any renovations are going on.​

Thanks for the report!

Wasn’t the original rumor that they’d pick it up again in February?

I don't recall ever hearing any sort of semi-official rumor about what was going on, why, or when it would resume. If you can find where you read that, I'd love to see it.

I checked into my refurb room in Toy Story yesterday. So far my observations are...overall very nice for one, or two staying in the same bed. But, if I had both beds down, I think I'd have to shimmie to get between them, looks VERY tight & I'd loose my chairs & table.

Part of the charm to the old room was moving the table & chairs to a location I preferred. If I was driving in & could swing bringing a camping table, I'd set up another spot for dining & keep the other bed down, if I had 3-4 people (I still need to try lowering/raising myself too see how it will work for single adult.).

There's tons more outlets & USB ports, I'm not even using my power strip.

There's lots of shelf space all over the room, but lost bar length for hanging items. I'm a hanger & I think my bar could only accommodate 1 more 'hanger' in this room, I think it would be difficult to 4 peoples things. The bar can accommodate maybe 5 more hangers if you want to BYO.

There is no more alarm clock. I don't mind not having the alarm, but I do want to roll over & see the time while I'm sleeping, so with BYO or set your phone to display continuously.

There's no more luggage rack??? I'm not sure if mines just MIA or if they're really gone, but I miss mine. I have no place to put it except on my bed or on my table (neither is preferred). For things I don't want to unpack, unless needed, but I've 'needed' something 3 times in 24 hours. Tired of lugging my case up & down.

There's lots of glowing lights! I walked around last night with wash cloths & hand towels to cover lights & make a dark room. If you want a dark room too, I'd recommend bringing a pad of post-it notes to peel off a few pages thickness to cover. There's a glowing light on the TV, the smoke alarm, in the bathroom- nightlight, & a blinking message on my phone I don't want to mess with at midnight, & my items that are charging. It was quite bright in there.

Last edited:
There is no more alarm clock. I don't mind not having the alarm, but I do want to roll over & see the time while I'm sleeping, so with BYO or set your phone to display continuously.

Or ask housekeeping to bring you one. They removed them from every WDW resort room about 2 years ago. But they do have them, you just have to ask. And if you do, they don't usually come back around and remove it.

There's no more luggage rack??? I'm not sure if mines just MIA or if they're really gone, but I miss mine.

They're gone.

Or ask housekeeping to bring you one. They removed them from every WDW resort room about 2 years ago. But they do have them, you just have to ask. And if you do, they don't usually come back around and remove it.

That's odd, I thought had one both last Oct & last Dec in my unrefurb room.

That's odd, I thought had one both last Oct & last Dec in my unrefurb room.

You probably did. Someone who had the room before you must have asked for one. Like I said, if they bring one to a guest they normally don't go back and remove it. Nobody that has stayed in the newly refurbished room you just had has asked for one yet.

I checked into my refurb room in Toy Story yesterday. So far my observations are...overall very nice for one, or two staying in the same bed. But, if I had both beds down, I think I'd have to shimmie to get between them, looks VERY tight & I'd loose my chairs & table.

Part of the charm to the old room was moving the table & chairs to a location I preferred. If I was driving in & could swing bringing a camping table, I'd set up another spot for dining & keep the other bed down, if I had 3-4 people (I still need to try lowering/raising myself too see how it will work for single adult.).

There's tons more outlets & USB ports, I'm not even using my power strip.

There's lots of shelf space all over the room, but lost bar length for hanging items. I'm a hanger & I think my bar could only accommodate 1 more 'hanger' in this room, I think it would be difficult to 4 peoples things. The bar can accommodate maybe 5 more hangers if you want to BYO.

There's no more luggage rack??? I'm not sure if mines just MIA or if they're really gone, but I miss mine. I have no place to put it except on my bed or on my table (neither is preferred). For things I don't want to unpack, unless needed, but I've 'needed' something 3 times in 24 hours. Tired of lugging my case up & down.

There's lots of glowing lights! I walked around last night with wash cloths & hand towels to cover lights & make a dark room. If you want a dark room too, I'd recommend bringing a pad of post-it notes to peel off a few pages thickness to cover. There's a glowing light on the TV, the smoke alarm, in the bathroom- nightlight, & a blinking message on my phone I don't want to mess with at midnight, & my items that are charging. It was quite bright in there.
I’m a person that likes pitch black when I sleep too. I often use the extra towels to cover up the night lights and I usually cover the bottom of the door if it’s a resort with inside hallways.

To add to PP review...

The pillows!!! Because one bed is folded up, all 8 pillows were stacked on one bed, I'm solo this trip & since there's not another bed to put any on, I had to find a viable place to put them. I stacked four on the floor of the closet, they just fit width wise & aren't in the way in my room, good news is I didn't need that area for anything else.

Man! Can they please get a move on with the renovations? I'd like to stay in September but I can't because I need the queen beds -- my kids are too big to fit in the double beds anymore.:( I know half the resort are done but I don't want to take a chance. Why are they stopped? They must have run out of workers as they race to get Rivera done? I wish they had thought of this sooner and had finished all the preferred rooms first. Then at least I know that if I book a preferred room I will get that 2 queen beds.

Man! Can they please get a move on with the renovations? I'd like to stay in September but I can't because I need the queen beds -- my kids are too big to fit in the double beds anymore.:( I know half the resort are done but I don't want to take a chance. Why are they stopped? They must have run out of workers as they race to get Rivera done? I wish they had thought of this sooner and had finished all the preferred rooms first. Then at least I know that if I book a preferred room I will get that 2 queen beds.
I have no idea why they’ve stopped. I had some initial thoughts but I really don’t know for sure.

I have to add that with the rugs gone there is nothing to muffle the sound. I can hear neighbors on both sides talking. I don’t ever remember that from before. Maybe I just have noisy neighbors.

I have to add that with the rugs gone there is nothing to muffle the sound. I can hear neighbors on both sides talking. I don’t ever remember that from before. Maybe I just have noisy neighbors.
I know that I am in the minority, but I prefer the carpet to the vinyl flooring. My tired feet want something warm and cushy at the end of the day, not a hard, cold, dirty floor. When I stayed at the refurbished rooms at Pop Century I had to use a towel to wipe the floor down every day. Even after mouse keeping came the floor was still filthy.

Ugh, this is stressing me out lol.

We booked Movies thinking the renovations would be done by June. We are only staying here for (hopefully) the Mighty Ducks area for my hockey playing boys!

Not sure how double beds would work for us. I’m assuming there is not enough room for a toddler air mattress bed in the room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter