All Star Movies Renovations

Same - I switched from pop to movies because everywhere projected the renovations to be complete by early February . Now I'm nervous because we went when pop was half done last year and got a non refurbished room

Just verifying - all of love bug is done? I booked standard, and naturally this close there's nothing else left at the end of January

Similar situation for me. We also need connecting rooms. I’m guessing it’ll be tough to get both requests.

Are you hoping for a renovated room? Or are you wanting other requests?
All the preferred buildings are pretty good because it's not a large resort so everything is close to transportation and the lobby - I think it just depends on what theme you like. We've stayed in 101 Dalmatians and really liked it, but there's Fantasia and Toy Story too.

Are you hoping for a renovated room? Or are you wanting other requests?
I was just concerned about location but I did not see the posts about the renovations being put on pause. Now that you bring that up, what preferred buildings have been renovated?

I was just concerned about location but I did not see the posts about the renovations being put on pause. Now that you bring that up, what preferred buildings have been renovated?
Toy story is complete and one of the Fantasia buildings has been finished. For now you could just pick the theme you like best or you could wait it out and put in your request later. I’m not sure what will happen with construction and they don’t make room assignments until 3-5 days before your arrival so you have lots of time.

I booked a pref. Room in December for a weekend trip and when we got there I was told id be in dalmations non renovated. I politely asked if a renovated room was available and was told yes and it would be just a few minutes wait (about 40) I said that's fine and we went to get food at food court. I got a call saying the renovated room had a maintenance issue and they would have to put me in dalmation. I said that was fine (I was secretly sad because it was 3 adults and one child and I knew the beds would be kinda tight being double beds but I did not say that to the front desk) the next morning I got a call asking me to come to the desk and when I did they said they were moving me to a renovated room! The second night was more comfy than the first. I was happy with them changing us eventhough I didn't tell them I was unhappy with the nonrenovated room.

I booked a pref. Room in December for a weekend trip and when we got there I was told id be in dalmations non renovated. I politely asked if a renovated room was available and was told yes and it would be just a few minutes wait (about 40) I said that's fine and we went to get food at food court. I got a call saying the renovated room had a maintenance issue and they would have to put me in dalmation. I said that was fine (I was secretly sad because it was 3 adults and one child and I knew the beds would be kinda tight being double beds but I did not say that to the front desk) the next morning I got a call asking me to come to the desk and when I did they said they were moving me to a renovated room! The second night was more comfy than the first. I was happy with them changing us eventhough I didn't tell them I was unhappy with the nonrenovated room.
I’m glad you ended up getting a renovated room! They normally are very willing to help you get the room you want.

Thanks for the feedback! We have one night to kill (flights were better that way) and while we have a preferred pool view booked at Pop we’ve never stayed at any of the All Stars so when a preferred at ASMo popped up I was in, but not getting a reno’d room is a deal breaker. We will keep it easy and stay at Pop :)

Thanks for the feedback! We have one night to kill (flights were better that way) and while we have a preferred pool view booked at Pop we’ve never stayed at any of the All Stars so when a preferred at ASMo popped up I was in, but not getting a reno’d room is a deal breaker. We will keep it easy and stay at Pop :)
Probably a good plan. When are you going?

I booked preferred March 11-14 for a short anniversary trip (taking DD, don’t judge me even if it is an anniversary trip). Here’s to hoping for a renovated room by then!

Has anyone seen the restarting of construction? Heading down February 2nd.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!