• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

I should add one thing that people may not know about but is a good change, we think. Air Canada baggage now comes out on B side at MCO. That is 1 level above DME. Waiting 15 minutes and bringing your luggage with you to DME is much better than waiting up to 6 hrs for your luggage. Just walk over to the elevator and you are almost there. It is nice not to have to lug it but lugging it is easier now and we think it is worth it.

The 4th Annual NS DIS Meet for Give Kids The World is the weekend of August 14-16, 2015. Meet other DISers as well as the Orlando team all while raising money towards the DIS's commitment of one million dollars for GKTW. This event has grown fast in three short years drawing folks from both sides of the border.

Just think, you can talk Disney to your hearts content and these people will get it!!!!!!

Find us on FB or our website (be patient) http://nsdismeet.weebly.com/

The 4th Annual NS DIS Meet for Give Kids The World is the weekend of August 14-16, 2015. Meet other DISers as well as the Orlando team all while raising money towards the DIS's commitment of one million dollars for GKTW. This event has grown fast in three short years drawing folks from both sides of the border.

Just think, you can talk Disney to your hearts content and these people will get it!!!!!!

Find us on FB or our website (be patient) http://nsdismeet.weebly.com/

If I'm home, I'll be there! Not sure yet. I cancelled the Disney trip. :( But I am planning to walk the Camino de Santiago. As of now, the plan is to leave on July 11 which would mean I get home around the 18th. Unless I walk a lot faster and finish it sooner. (Although I'm not sure if I can walk 750+ km any faster than that!)

The wife is counting the days now :-)

We are staying at Bonnet Creek for the third time but would live to be back at OKW, a one bedroom at WBC for 14 nights is about $1,900 less than renting points for a studio at OKW :-( and cannot justify the price difference even after adding in a car rental of $355.

If I'm home, I'll be there! Not sure yet. I cancelled the Disney trip. :( But I am planning to walk the Camino de Santiago. As of now, the plan is to leave on July 11 which would mean I get home around the 18th. Unless I walk a lot faster and finish it sooner. (Although I'm not sure if I can walk 750+ km any faster than that!)

Take me with you!!!! Though TinkerShelley and hockeymomNS would kill me if I missed the event ;) ...still...might be worth a beating!

Hi-
Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Jessica, and my daughter, Cassidy, was granted her wish to go to Disney World and dance with a prince through Make A Wish. We are sooooooooooooooo excited!!! We live in Upper Sackville, NS. There will be 7 (of the 10) of us going. My husband, myself, Cassidy, and 4 of our other kids (ages 3, 7, 10 and 17). We've never been to Disney before and can't wait to make some awesome memories. Cassidy has epilepsy and neuro-degnerative disease and so we are so incredibly grateful for Make A Wish providing this opportunity for us!!!
I've learned so many tips from the DIS boards already!
Jessica

Hi-
Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Jessica, and my daughter, Cassidy, was granted her wish to go to Disney World and dance with a prince through Make A Wish. We are sooooooooooooooo excited!!! We live in Upper Sackville, NS. There will be 7 (of the 10) of us going. My husband, myself, Cassidy, and 4 of our other kids (ages 3, 7, 10 and 17). We've never been to Disney before and can't wait to make some awesome memories. Cassidy has epilepsy and neuro-degnerative disease and so we are so incredibly grateful for Make A Wish providing this opportunity for us!!!
I've learned so many tips from the DIS boards already!
Jessica

Hi Jessica.

Are you going to start a PTR? I'd love to hear more about Cassidy's wish trip plans. Did you get the car rental worked out?

Judy

Hi Jessica.

Are you going to start a PTR? I'd love to hear more about Cassidy's wish trip plans. Did you get the car rental worked out?

Judy

I haven't done a PTR....and not sure I will get to one. My husband travels a lot with work and so I'm often "flying solo" with lots of kids so my time is very limited. And I did find a minivan for about $260USD. MUCH better than the $600 I had previously found. Thanks!

Upper Sackville? You are just a minute away from our DIS Meet which raises money for Give Kids The World where all wish children and their families stay. Have a look at our website.

http://nsdismeet.weebly.com

Wow!! That is very close to us. I've never heard about the DIS meet. I will check our calendar closer to the date and see if we can attend. What an awesome thing that you all are doing to help raise money for GKTW!!!

I haven't done a PTR....and not sure I will get to one. My husband travels a lot with work and so I'm often "flying solo" with lots of kids so my time is very limited. And I did find a minivan for about $260USD. MUCH better than the $600 I had previously found. Thanks!

I'm glad you found a reasonable car rental rate. I completely understand about not having time to do the PTR. I could never find the time to write one either!

I suggest to the wife this morning that we may have to delay our trip to Florida until the snowmobile season was over.............. just thought that I better let everyone know I'm still alive and we are departing to Florida on schedule :crutches:

Has anyone departed Halifax (YHZ) via Air Transat this year, if so did you check-in upstairs at the International end or on the main floor at the Domestic check-in? o_O

Last year we had to check-in at the Domestic desk and clear customs/immigration in Orlando, the year before we checked in at the International end and cleared customs/immigration in Halifax, both flights were Air Transat.

Mrs. and I just returned from 7 nights at OKW last night. We do really like it there and the fact the points required for a stay is lower than all other DVC resorts is also a positive. It is usually pretty easy to get a reservation at. There was a pick up truck from N.B. in our building. It had a Sussex dealer sticker. Also saw someone with a Kings Landing shirt on Main Street. Weather was very nice and hot, temperatures around 30 with the exception of the last full day which was heavy cloud. We were not with our park commando adult children so we tend to just go to parks for evenings, dinner and night time spectacular. We had good meals and of course the night time shows are very good. Had an outstanding meal at Narcoosees at GF. The new hub changes at MK have really improved getting around there in the evenings and finding a place to watch the evening shows. There is one change related to that that is unfortunate but was likely necessary to make the improvements, and that is the elimination of a few green or garden areas. There is a lot more concrete area than there used to, just not as nice to look at. The area that is worst is the hub with the partners statue. There used to be quite a bit if garden areas and park benches. There is very little garden and I did not see a bench. It is mostly all concrete now. Too bad. On Saturday MK was open until 1am with emh until 3. 7DMT still had a 30 or 40 min wait at 2am and later. It is hard to beat a sundae from the plaza ice cream shop at 2:30 am. One thing we did notice was the performance of cast members, especially in retail locations. They spend a lot of their time talking to each other and do not pay attention to customers. Coincidentally the 2 Christmas stores were the best. Even at the DVC booths the cast member is hiding at the back and not at the front to greet people. Anyway it was a good trip. I hope everyone is planning trips and I hope you have a good time.

Checked into Bonnet Creek last on Sunday(12th) for 14 nights, ask at the front desk for a lake view and ended up in Tower 3 on the 7th floor with a lake and EPCOT fireworks view :worship:

Hi everyone. I'm Shelly from Fredericton, New Brunswick. Lover of Walt Disney World. Went as kid with my parents several times when it was only the Magic Kingdom. Stayed at Daytona Beach and did a day trip for the park. Imagine...Disney World for 1 day. Times sure have changed. Started going to the parks again with my kids and when they outgrew it, we still continued to go. Generally go every November...very sad when on occasion it has been every other November. Even after all these years, I still tear up when I go there - arrival and departure...most especially with Hollywood Studios Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. No trip planned yet...but I am optimistic. Loving these boards!

Hello everyone. I just joined after coming back from WDW two weeks ago and beginning to suffer withdrawal! I thought doing some posting and getting more involved on the boards might be a good kind of therapy! :)

I'm posting here since I'm curious if there are any DISers in from Newfoundland, particularly from St. John's.

Hi, jackie721red here from St. Johns, NL, we are heading to WDW again in sept and cant wait

well we have plans. I hope everyone is able to begin planning. Going to be at MK on Halloween. MNSSHP fireworks are very good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter