All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Have any Atlantic Canadians attended this event? We are thinking to go October 31 - I know it is a sell out event but we will be buying tickets shortly. Thoughts? Our girls are 12 and 14. Does everyone dress up? My husband wants to dress as a Canadian (he is not much for Halloween but indulges my Disney obsession so we are good to go!).

Also, when do the Christmas decorations go up? can I straddle both decorating seasons?

Last year we went in August and on the last weekend, they started putting pumpkins everywhere - I guess thats what "got me in the mood" for this trip. Let me know, thanks.

We've done MNSSHP several times and really enjoyed it! We dressed up as Canadians last year! (Just a Canada t-shirt, but we never have enough room in our luggage to pack a costume.) We do enjoy the party (though truth be told we're more Christmas people and do enjoy the MVMCP more.) The fireworks and the parade are really what make the whole party worth it.

They start decorating in early November, you might get to see some of it but they don't complete the decorations until after the 20th or so, so you wouldn't get to see all of it. Still, it's worth it to see some! We were there last November 11-18th and early in the trip there were a few things out, MK is usually first to get the decoration changes.

I've never been to the Halloween party close to Halloween, but from what I've read, be prepared for crazy crowds that night.

Hey, my boyfriend and I are going to Disney world the first time in 15 sleeps! We fly out of Halifax to Montreal then to Orlando. Do we go through international customs in Halifax or Montreal? Our flight is at 6:30 am so I'm wondering how early we have to be there?

Hey, my boyfriend and I are going to Disney world the first time in 15 sleeps! We fly out of Halifax to Montreal then to Orlando. Do we go through international customs in Halifax or Montreal? Our flight is at 6:30 am so I'm wondering how early we have to be there?

Im not sure how it works there but we usually fly moncton to toronto and then cross customs at toronto but theres no wait as soon as u get off the plan we fallow the connection to us and there is a customs officer there

You go through customs in Montreal. Your Halifax to Montreal is a domestic flight for sure.

We will be flying into Halifax arriving on a direct flight from Orlando arriving at 4pm
we will have to get bags clear customs
we were hoping to catch the maritime bus to Moncton at 5pm

can anyone walk me through getting from bags and customs to finding this glass bus stop on bell blvd I do believe.

Can we do this in 55 minutes??\

all help appreciated.

The doors you come out of after picking up your bags and clearing customs is a short distance from the bus stop. You will be on the on the correct level, just head out the first set of doors and the glass bus stop will be right there, don't cross the street, stay along the side of the building. There will be taxi and other shuttles there for pickups as well. If it doesn't look right to you just ask someone in a tartan vest, they are volunteers.

i just checked this morning and United still has awesome fares for this fall from Halifax to Orlando. Some Saturday and Sunday departures September through November for as low as $385 return, all taxes and fees included. I hope someone can use this, unfortunately I can't :(

Hi! I am interested in taking advantage of these good rates for the Fall. They change hourly I know but we are flexible and rates are good. When booking with United, do most just book on line with them or is it best to use a travel agent? Is there a risk to booking it yourself on line? Anyone has success or issues booking with united directly on line?

Hi! I am interested in taking advantage of these good rates for the Fall. They change hourly I know but we are flexible and rates are good. When booking with United, do most just book on line with them or is it best to use a travel agent? Is there a risk to booking it yourself on line? Anyone has success or issues booking with united directly on line?

We've booked directly with them online without any problems for the past 6-7 years or so. The advantage for doing it yourself is that you can keep checking the prices and actually book your tickets at any time of the day or week, like midnight on Saturday, when a TA might not be working. And as you know, fares can change hourly, so my advice is to set a price that you will be comfortable with and when the fares get to that price buy them right away. And with United you can choose your seats without paying extra, and you can change them after booking without paying extra as well.

I book with United directly and this has always worked out best! Also, set up an account online to accrue Mileageplus rewards. :)

Thanks, I just bought four tickets through United. Prices were great and I'm happy. This will be our third Disney trip in 14 months. I get just as excited each time. Our March trip was to DL Paris, so great. Anxious to get back to "our park". Thanks for the ticket purchase tips. Trip #15 here we come! Whoo hoo!

Waiting for 2015 rates to come out! :surfweb: Probably won't book until fall when they bring out some sort of promotion for winter but still feels good to see 2015 rates available. Would love to get a free dining PIN. Got one last year for March break but we didn't go to Disney last year. Flights are booked for this year already!!! :cool1: I can't wait to see my castle again. :laughing:

I almost hate to say this but on the other hand, I will be there in November twice. Once for the CMN Celebration convention arriving on the 10th or 11th and departing on the 15th and then the family and myself will be back on the 29th for 5 nights. Pre Christmas is a nice time to be there. I will not have much free time during the first visit but will get a little park time,but the family visit is well planned. We do not go there to rest. Once you get off the DME the rest is over. Our philosophy is, if you want to rest or sleep, save the money and stay home. Too much to see and do.

We do not go there to rest. Once you get off the DME the rest is over. Our philosophy is, if you want to rest or sleep, save the money and stay home. Too much to see and do.

This is sooo much my motto!!!

DW usually is wiped out by day 3....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter