All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Hi everyone ! I haven't been on the boards in a while, not posting anyway. Always lurking. We just moved home from Alberta in December and planning a girls trip to WDW for DD 6 th birthday in sept .Hoping for free dining and decent cost flights out of Halifax since the ones out of Sydney are rediculous times. I'm also a travel agent so I'm even more so obsessive with checking prices on my disney agent page.

Welcome home ;)

Ugh, the flights from Sydney are the worst. We're fighting that same battle with flights for September. (Waiting on enough AirMiles!)

Glad I found this thread! We are leaving for WDW on April 29! So excited :) Just curious, anyone just back who has an extra 20% off merchandise coupon on the bottom of a Counter Service receipt who is willing to part with it? My son who just turned 4 has been saving his money for this trip and really wants the monorail (and on a 100$ item - he'd save 20$ and be able to get another little something!). However, apparently the last day the coupons are available is April 29 and we will only be arriving mid afternoon and therefore not be at a park to get one of those coupons! I'm assuming the expiry date is later than April 29, but I don't really know! If anyone has one in the Halifax area, I can come to get it or meet up to get it. Thanks :)

We're in Sydney also. We're not going until next fall but plan on flying out of Halifax. Seems like Delta has the best prices right now. What airline do most people find the best prices with? :confused3

We are flying Westjet because they have direct flights (with a 20 month old and a just 4 year old, that's important to us!) We also have a WestJet credit card that we get a companion fare of 99$ (and got 250 westjet dollars when we signed up) so it made it more affordable. Last year we flew canjet and it was a bit less expensive, but with seat selection fees both ways to make sure we were sitting together so that the baby could move from one of us to the other, it added 100$ on to the price.

Started pricing flights for a fall trip (2nd week in November) from Charlottetown.
It starts at $800...higher if I wanted decent travel times (like not a late night arrival).

Yuck, yuck and yuck!

I hear you Luzz.. We've been pricing from Boston north up to NB and the only decent prices Ive found have been from Portland Maine and still they're over $350 USD pp x 6, it gets expensive. Add another $250 for hotels and $100 for fuel ect. We're seriously considering driving again. If we fly from downeast Maine we lose a day getting to Portland, a day flying to Orlando, add 1 extra day and we're there.
We flew from Boston 2 yrs ago for $185 return, taxes and fees incl, with 6 of us the savings made the extra travel worth it, no matter where we fly from we're at least 2 hrs to the closest airport and Boston's only about 6hrs anyway.
I think the era of cheap flights into Orlando is over with airlines reducing flights to fill empty seats, rising fuel and operating costs flying is going to once again be for business or a luxury item for a few.

Unfortunately the charter flights only fly during the winter months, but be aware (if you are not so already) that delta, united, etc. all charge $25+ per checked bag each way and are not direct flights (obviously).

When I saw a flight for $450 in May with Delta I decided to pay the extra $75 and fly direct with Transat and that included my bags. I know that West Jet codes shares with someone as well and to watch who the flight is actually with as I have been dinged with baggage fees returning from Florida in the past.

Started pricing flights for a fall trip (2nd week in November) from Charlottetown.
It starts at $800...higher if I wanted decent travel times (like not a late night arrival).

Yuck, yuck and yuck!

This summer, we're flying on Delta from Halifax. Not as good as flying from Charlottetown, but for $405, and arriving before 1 pm, it was worth it.

We were at wdw in late march for a hastily arranged 5 night stay. Had some dvc points and lots of aeroplan points so why not. Due to booking on tuesday evening and departing on saturday, got one reservation for 2 nights at ssr and then another reservation for 1 more night at ssr. That took until wednesday afternoon to get and then we made a reservation at coronodo springs for the first 2 nights. Flights went well. Had to change terminals at newark but no problems. Got some good dinner reservations before we left. Made fast pass arrangements before we left. We were only going to 1 park for one day, MK. We were in parks on 3 trips last year and we will be back in November so this was mostly about relaxing and escaping blizzards and ice storms. We did not have enough time to receive dme particulars but no problem as you just go to the counter and they look up your reservation and give you a boarding pass. Give them your airline luggage claim and they retrieve your checked bags. Only problem was ours were over 6 hours arriving to the room. Pleased with coronodo and ssr. We love okw but studios at ssr have only 1 bed and a sofa so a little nicer than okw in that regard. We just like the colors and theming at okw as well as the smaller neighbourhood pools but would certainly accept ssr again. My biggest compliant is that there are no windows that open at any dvc resorts we have stayed at. Even the patio doors do not have screens so you cannot leave that open and some situations there would be a lack of security so could not be considered. We like fresh air especially for sleeping and would love to not have to run ac. We do not have ac at home and the weather in Florida when we are there is not hotter than what we experience at home in summer. We only had 3 of the 4 dinner reservations made when we left and picked up the last one after we arrived. We received our mb upon arrival and they worked great. There was a problem with charging on our band when we were at mk. We went to guest service and they looked after it and included 2 additional ,use at your convenience, fast passes and coupons for 2 free ice cream bars. Wow, nice recovery. One thing i want to comment on is how easy it is to make adjustments to your fast passes using the mde app on your phone. It worked great. I know this had been way too long but what I am trying to get across is, even with short notice, you can arrange a great trip. You have to be determined and work at it. We started only 3.5 days from departure and we got dvc accommodations, good fast passes, and good dinner reservations, narcooses, and artist point, and adjusted one at crystal palace after we got there. People do change plans and reservations so opportunities do arise. Dme arrangements can be made on arrival at mco. Don't fret about things and continually work away at it and you can have a great holiday. by the way if you have not experienced it stay late at mk and experience the good night kiss. It is unique and cool.

We were at wdw in late march for a hastily arranged 5 night stay. Had some dvc points and lots of aeroplan points so why not. Due to booking on tuesday evening and departing on saturday, got one reservation for 2 nights at ssr and then another reservation for 1 more night at ssr. That took until wednesday afternoon to get and then we made a reservation at coronodo springs for the first 2 nights. Flights went well. Had to change terminals at newark but no problems. Got some good dinner reservations before we left. Made fast pass arrangements before we left. We were only going to 1 park for one day, MK. We were in parks on 3 trips last year and we will be back in November so this was mostly about relaxing and escaping blizzards and ice storms. We did not have enough time to receive dme particulars but no problem as you just go to the counter and they look up your reservation and give you a boarding pass. Give them your airline luggage claim and they retrieve your checked bags. Only problem was ours were over 6 hours arriving to the room. Pleased with coronodo and ssr. We love okw but studios at ssr have only 1 bed and a sofa so a little nicer than okw in that regard. We just like the colors and theming at okw as well as the smaller neighbourhood pools but would certainly accept ssr again. My biggest compliant is that there are no windows that open at any dvc resorts we have stayed at. Even the patio doors do not have screens so you cannot leave that open and some situations there would be a lack of security so could not be considered. We like fresh air especially for sleeping and would love to not have to run ac. We do not have ac at home and the weather in Florida when we are there is not hotter than what we experience at home in summer. We only had 3 of the 4 dinner reservations made when we left and picked up the last one after we arrived. We received our mb upon arrival and they worked great. There was a problem with charging on our band when we were at mk. We went to guest service and they looked after it and included 2 additional ,use at your convenience, fast passes and coupons for 2 free ice cream bars. Wow, nice recovery. One thing i want to comment on is how easy it is to make adjustments to your fast passes using the mde app on your phone. It worked great. I know this had been way too long but what I am trying to get across is, even with short notice, you can arrange a great trip. You have to be determined and work at it. We started only 3.5 days from departure and we got dvc accommodations, good fast passes, and good dinner reservations, narcooses, and artist point, and adjusted one at crystal palace after we got there. People do change plans and reservations so opportunities do arise. Dme arrangements can be made on arrival at mco. Don't fret about things and continually work away at it and you can have a great holiday. Regardless of when you are going to be there keep checking for improvements and good things may happen for you. By the way, if you have not experienced it, stay late at mk and experience the good night kiss. It is unique and cool.

March break 2015!:banana: Booked our flights for March 2015 out of Bangor $384 return, this includes taxes and fees. We always fly from Bangor. I have gotten better fares before but with flights increasing in costs lately :scared1:I decided to book it just to have the peace of mind. Now the waiting begins.....Hoping for some great discounts disney!:)

March break 2015!:banana: Booked our flights for March 2015 out of Bangor $384 return, this includes taxes and fees. We always fly from Bangor. I have gotten better fares before but with flights increasing in costs lately :scared1:I decided to book it just to have the peace of mind. Now the waiting begins.....Hoping for some great discounts disney!:)

Flying out of Halifax would be $700 plus best case ... so I understand why you grabbed those fares.

Yep, prices are high! Airtransat March 2015 direct YHZ to MCO $635.31 right now.
$384 sounds good, what airline where you using M&M Mom?

We are flying with Delta airlines. I checked the prices this morning. They are up to $395 now.

Flying out of Halifax would be $700 plus best case ... so I understand why you grabbed those fares.

Flying from Portand would be cheaper but such a long drive. Bangor for us is about 4 1/2 hours driving, same distance to get to Halifax actually so I grabbed the Bangor flights.

Flying from Portand would be cheaper but such a long drive. Bangor for us is about 4 1/2 hours driving, same distance to get to Halifax actually so I grabbed the Bangor flights.

We are in Quispmamsis (outside of Saint John) and ALWAYS fly out of the US, unless we are flying on Aeroplan points (and even then sometimes). The cost to fly out of Canada are staggering and the schedule from Saint John is particulary terrible as everthing has to connect through Torontro or Montreal. We normally fly out of Portland and have done as far as Manchester if the deal is good enough.

We were at wdw in late march for a hastily arranged 5 night stay. Had some dvc points and lots of aeroplan points so why not. Due to booking on tuesday evening and departing on saturday, got one reservation for 2 nights at ssr and then another reservation for 1 more night at ssr. That took until wednesday afternoon to get and then we made a reservation at coronodo springs for the first 2 nights. Flights went well. Had to change terminals at newark but no problems. Got some good dinner reservations before we left. Made fast pass arrangements before we left. We were only going to 1 park for one day, MK. We were in parks on 3 trips last year and we will be back in November so this was mostly about relaxing and escaping blizzards and ice storms. We did not have enough time to receive dme particulars but no problem as you just go to the counter and they look up your reservation and give you a boarding pass. Give them your airline luggage claim and they retrieve your checked bags. Only problem was ours were over 6 hours arriving to the room. Pleased with coronodo and ssr. We love okw but studios at ssr have only 1 bed and a sofa so a little nicer than okw in that regard. We just like the colors and theming at okw as well as the smaller neighbourhood pools but would certainly accept ssr again. My biggest compliant is that there are no windows that open at any dvc resorts we have stayed at. Even the patio doors do not have screens so you cannot leave that open and some situations there would be a lack of security so could not be considered. We like fresh air especially for sleeping and would love to not have to run ac. We do not have ac at home and the weather in Florida when we are there is not hotter than what we experience at home in summer. We only had 3 of the 4 dinner reservations made when we left and picked up the last one after we arrived. We received our mb upon arrival and they worked great. There was a problem with charging on our band when we were at mk. We went to guest service and they looked after it and included 2 additional ,use at your convenience, fast passes and coupons for 2 free ice cream bars. Wow, nice recovery. One thing i want to comment on is how easy it is to make adjustments to your fast passes using the mde app on your phone. It worked great. I know this had been way too long but what I am trying to get across is, even with short notice, you can arrange a great trip. You have to be determined and work at it. We started only 3.5 days from departure and we got dvc accommodations, good fast passes, and good dinner reservations, narcooses, and artist point, and adjusted one at crystal palace after we got there. People do change plans and reservations so opportunities do arise. Dme arrangements can be made on arrival at mco. Don't fret about things and continually work away at it and you can have a great holiday. Regardless of when you are going to be there keep checking for improvements and good things may happen for you. By the way, if you have not experienced it, stay late at mk and experience the good night kiss. It is unique and cool.

Nice to see another DVC member so close to home!!! So glad you enjoyed your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter