I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask these questions, but my friend and I are getting ourselves all confused.

My family (me, DH, twin DS (14)) and my friend's family (her, her DH, and DS (3)) are going 8/17-8/24, staying off-property, so we are now at the 30-day FP+ mark. We each bought the MNSSHP tix for 8/17 for our own families. I had a discount through work for the 5-day base tickets so my friend asked me to get the child ticket for her DS (she and her DH already had leftover tix from a previous visit).

When I linked the 5-day tickets to my account, I had to add her son to my MDE account to link his ticket. However, his MNSSHP ticket is on my friend's account.

1. Is this going to be a problem that he has tickets on 2 different accounts? Is it possible (or even worth it) to try to transfer them?
2. Also, we got magic bands -- if he has tickets on 2 different accounts can he use the same magic band?

Thanks!

Can an adult ticket (that is gotten for "free" with a free dining package, but not needed b/c the adults have APs) be transferred and used by a child in the future? TIA!

It is likely that you can do that.
It is also likely that if there is a price difference, you would not get a refund.
Although, sometimes a guest gets some "Pixie Dust" and a refund is offered in the form of a gift certificate.
For whatever kind of action that you want to do, it never hurts to "ask nicely."
--------
It MIGHT even be that by the time (in the future) that ticket is needed, a child's ticket would cost as much (or more) than the current adult ticket.

My family (me, DH, twin DS (14)) and my friend's family (her, her DH, and DS (3)) are going 8/17-8/24, staying off-property, so we are now at the 30-day FP+ mark. We each bought the MNSSHP tix for 8/17 for our own families. I had a discount through work for the 5-day base tickets so my friend asked me to get the child ticket for her DS (she and her DH already had leftover tix from a previous visit).
When I linked the 5-day tickets to my account, I had to add her son to my MDE account to link his ticket. However, his MNSSHP ticket is on my friend's account.

1. Is this going to be a problem that he has tickets on 2 different accounts? Is it possible (or even worth it) to try to transfer them?
2. Also, we got magic bands -- if he has tickets on 2 different accounts can he use the same magic band?

1. LINK the two MDX accounts together ("invite each other to join") and you can then TRANSFER whatever new ticket(s) that you want to whomever is in either account.
2. If you do what I suggest above, all of the tickets for the "correct guest" will be in the account of whomever you want them to be, so MBs will be able to access all tickets in the proper person's account.

It is likely that you can do that.
It is also likely that if there is a price difference, you would not get a refund.
Although, sometimes a guest gets some "Pixie Dust" and a refund is offered in the form of a gift certificate.
For whatever kind of action that you want to do, it never hurts to "ask nicely."
--------
It MIGHT even be that by the time (in the future) that ticket is needed, a child's ticket would cost as much (or more) than the current adult ticket.

I would not expect a refund. I know to just transfer the ticket to a fake name under my MDE account until needed, and then transfer it to the child. I just wasn't sure if when the child went to use it, there would be a hiccup b/c it was an adult ticket. From what you are saying, there would be no blinking lights or beeping alarms going off, correct? LOL. Also, I gather you think it would be a wise move, since it could potentially save a few dollars down the road (or did I misinterpret your thoughts)?

I would not expect a refund. I know to just transfer the ticket to a fake name under my MDE account until needed, and then transfer it to the child. I just wasn't sure if when the child went to use it, there would be a hiccup b/c it was an adult ticket. From what you are saying, there would be no blinking lights or beeping alarms going off, correct? LOL. Also, I gather you think it would be a wise move, since it could potentially save a few dollars down the road (or did I misinterpret your thoughts)?

That's the gist of it, yes.

(And, I WOULD [nicely] try to get the refund, if any.)

1. LINK the two MDX accounts together ("invite each other to join") and you can then TRANSFER whatever new ticket(s) that you want to whomever is in either account.
2. If you do what I suggest above, all of the tickets for the "correct guest" will be in the account of whomever you want them to be, so MBs will be able to access all tickets in the proper person's account.

Thank you so much for the reply. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to invite but I think I got it now. ;)

Thank you for the answers about unused expired tickets.

One more question:
Applying the value of an unused, expired ticket toward another ticket later, does that have to be done in person at WDW? Or can it be done by phone?

Thank you for the answers about unused expired tickets.

One more question:
Applying the value of an unused, expired ticket toward another ticket later, does that have to be done in person at WDW? Or can it be done by phone?

Nobody knows.
None of the recently issued tickets have yet "expired."

If my AP expires in the middle of my next trip, and I want to renew. Is there a way for me to do that earlier than 60 days before the expiration? I don't want to have an issue with FP+ reservations. Or should I just purchase regular wdw tickets and call them to upgrade to the renewal after?
TIA

1. If my AP expires in the middle of my next trip, and I want to renew.
2. Is there a way for me to do that earlier than 60 days before the expiration? I don't want to have an issue with FP+ reservations.
3. Or should I just purchase regular wdw tickets and call them to upgrade to the renewal after?
TIA
1. This is a very common problem (that Disney did not fully anticipate when they created the FP+ situation.)
2. There have been reports that SOME guests have been able to do this by calling WDW ticketing and explaining the situation.
OTOH, some have not been able to find a CM who will help them.
3. That will work. It's a bit more hassle for the guest, but it will solve the situation if finding help from Disney in advance is a problem.

First, try calling WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat.

1. This is a very common problem (that Disney did not fully anticipate when they created the FP+ situation.)
2. There have been reports that SOME guests have been able to do this by calling WDW ticketing and explaining the situation.
OTOH, some have not been able to find a CM who will help them.
3. That will work. It's a bit more hassle for the guest, but it will solve the situation if finding help from Disney in advance is a problem.

First, try calling WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat.
Thanks again

I currently have 6 one-day park hopper MYW tickets. Would I be able to use the value of these tickets to purchase an annual pass?

I currently have 6 one-day park hopper MYW tickets. Would I be able to use the value of these tickets to purchase an annual pass?

You can upgrade any one of those tickets to an AP, but you cannot combine them as stated on the first page.

You can upgrade any one of those tickets to an AP, but you cannot combine them as stated on the first page.
Thank you for the clarification. I read that on the first page, but when I called Disney a cast member advised me differently. I wasn't sure if something had changed.

1a- No.
1b- Yes.
1c- A child younger than 3 can't own an AP.
2a- There is generally no financial advantage in buying a (room and tickets) resort package.
If you DO buy a package, ALL guests in the same room/package must buy the same kind of tickets.
2b- Once guests have arrived at WDW, EACH guest can upgrade a ticket (or not) as they choose.
2c- Only BEFORE ARRIVAL.
2c- Yes.
But, again, there is rarely a need (or advantage) to purchase a room/ticket package.
Just make a "room only" reservation and buy tickets separately... even buy discounted tickets for more savings.

Thanks for your answer. The child I'm referring to (my niece) will be 6. Her paternal grandmother and mother are considering splitting the cost of an AP for her, and then the mother and her family are planning to meet up with us a few months later, but my niece would be the only one in their party with an AP so they are considering using that for parking. I was just making sure she didn't have to be the driver, or 16, or something like that for the parking benefit of the AP. But, just curious, would they scan her finger at the parking gate/booth? Or how does that work? We will be staying some of the time on-site and some off-site. In the past (a number of years ago), we've always stayed on-site with a package deal (when parking was included) so this is new to me. I guess I'm currently in the head-spinning phase of planning while trying to catch up on all the new policies/procedures since our last stay - LOL!
Also, great idea about getting a Room Only reservation if only I get the AP for our on-site stay. Thanks! I didn't even consider that but I knew there was a way to work that out. Just curious: how does the AP and Magic Bands work? Would I receive the MB in advance for the Room-Only reservation? And if I purchased the AP in advance of the trip, would I still need to activate it somewhere or just link it to my account through the MB and then I'd be good to go straight to the Parks with my MB? I read on another thread about having to have a card for the discounts with AP (in addition to the MagicBand). So the AP linked on the Magic Band by itself wouldn't be sufficient or is it just all on the Magic Band now?
Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks for your answer. The child I'm referring to (my niece) will be 6. Her paternal grandmother and mother are considering splitting the cost of an AP for her, and then the mother and her family are planning to meet up with us a few months later, but my niece would be the only one in their party with an AP so they are considering using that for parking. I was just making sure she didn't have to be the driver, or 16, or something like that for the parking benefit of the AP. But, just curious,
1. would they scan her finger at the parking gate/booth?
2. Or how does that work? We will be staying some of the time on-site and some off-site. In the past (a number of years ago),
3. we've always stayed on-site with a package deal (when parking was included) so this is new to me. I guess I'm currently in the head-spinning phase of planning while trying to catch up on all the new policies/procedures since our last stay - LOL!
Also, great idea about getting a Room Only reservation if only I get the AP for our on-site stay. Thanks! I didn't even consider that but I knew there was a way to work that out. Just curious: how does the AP and Magic Bands work?
4. Would I receive the MB in advance for the Room-Only reservation?
5. And if I purchased the AP in advance of the trip, would I still need to activate it somewhere
6. or just link it to my account
7. through the MB and
8. then I'd be good to go straight to the Parks with my MB?
9. I read on another thread about having to have a card for the discounts with AP (in addition to the MagicBand).
10. So the AP linked on the Magic Band by itself wouldn't be sufficient or is it just all on the Magic Band now?
Thanks so much for your help!
1. No.
2. Show the "AP Card"
3. Staying on-site always includes free parking at the theme parks, package or not.
4. Yes. Staying on-site always includes a free MagicBand for each guest at the resort, regardless of having a ticket/AP (or no ticket.)
5. Yes.
6. When you buy it via your MDX account, it will automatically link to your account.
7. Nothing is done "though" the MB.
8. No. You must go to a Guest Relations or ticket booth to "activate" the AP before going to a park gate.
9. Correct.
10. Just to keep things as clear as possible-
There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info, or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.
A MagicBand only contains a unique serial number that is used to access the information that is stored in a guest's MyDisneyExperience file.
When the MagicBand is touched to a "Mickey Head Reader,"
the MB's serial number is read and that number creates a an instant connection to the the guest's MDE account info.
The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, or a key to a locked door.
The MB, itself, is not the container of the ticket or FastPass, or Room key number, etc.
The MB just unlocks the guest's file of info, allowing it to be accessed from her/his MDX account when needed.

It has been suggested by a number of CMs that it's a good idea to turn in old MagicBands, so they can be recycled, even Version 1.0. That way, the inactive bands can be completely removed from a guest's MDX account, as guests are not able to do so on their own.

With many guests having issues with MBs, including not working for opening resort room doors, not working for park admittance, etc., is the returning of old bands the best way to resolve functionality issues? Apparently, just deactivating the bands from MDX is not enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter