Alaskan cruisers: can you share your glacier photos and where was your best photo with them?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Just wondering as now I have to plan an Alaskan cruise where did you get the best photos with the glaciers with you in them?

I love photos so please post some too if you can!

There's no way to get like a picture with the glaciers in the background? I want like a beautiful photo with them as the backdrops we might have to do the helicopter rhing but it's super expensive

There was a shutters photog on deck during TA day taking photos with the glacier in the background. You have to time it right and get there while your at the glacier. However, our ship stopped at the glacier and just sat idle for a long time so everyone had plenty of time to view it.

We had people around us taking our photos on tracy arm day, and we took theirs. We were outside the buffet that day along the railing, so we had the glacier backdrop when we turned around. You can see the railing (our youngest was standing, and only 6, so they had to shoot low lol) and the glacier in the background. It looks smaller than in felt being there in person.

At Mendenhall in Juneau we also had people around us take the family pics, both by the edge of the water and from an easy to walk to viewpoint.

Should I get a dreaded stupid selfie stick if the only place is really good is only the balcony I was expecting there to be a stop with beautiful glaciers in the backdrop

Should I get a dreaded stupid selfie stick if the only place is really good is only the balcony I was expecting there to be a stop with beautiful glaciers in the backdrop
When the ship gets to the South Sawyer glacier it sits there for a good hour so you will have plenty of time to get a picture.

Disney Parks are banning selfie sticks,only a matter of time before they do the same with the cruise line.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter