Alaska Cruise for us DISers on RCCL Jewel of the Seas 6/12-19/2015 (Official Thread)

So what is DIS Cruise 2.0? Details? I can see it's Alaska...

Sayhello

You can always listen to the podcast where this was discussed.
I'll try and find it. It's pretty impossible for me to keep up with the podcast since you went to video. I can't access video from work, and I can't download it to my iPod. But I see it in the Podcast notes. Thanks.

Sayhello

I'll try and find it. It's pretty impossible for me to keep up with the podcast since you went to video. I can't access video from work, and I can't download it to my iPod. But I see it in the Podcast notes. Thanks. Sayhello

Tobi:

The audio podcast files download to ITunes just fine from the very beginning. Even the podcast app on the iPhone picks them up. They just split up the segments into multiple files. I thought you were a techie! :P

Tobi,

Last year or the year before, the DIS went on a cruise on a non-Disney ship. This was done in June, I think so that the people in school (teachers, etc) could also go (if memory serves correctly). This was not an official podcast with the show and other events, but a group of DISers, including some of the podcasters, who wanted to sail together.

It turned out well, and I believe people have been asking for another cruise, so now we're going to Alaska. Since it's not an official podcast cruise, this is DIS Cruise 2.0.

Tobi:

The audio podcast files download to ITunes just fine from the very beginning. Even the podcast app on the iPhone picks them up. They just split up the segments into multiple files. I thought you were a techie! :P
Even since they went to video? I haven't gotten any audio podcast updates since they went to video. Maybe something is wrong with my iTunes. I just assumed (I know, I know) that they stopped doing audio. I'll have to check it out.

Sayhello

Tobi,

Last year or the year before, the DIS went on a cruise on a non-Disney ship. This was done in June, I think so that the people in school (teachers, etc) could also go (if memory serves correctly). This was not an official podcast with the show and other events, but a group of DISers, including some of the podcasters, who wanted to sail together.

It turned out well, and I believe people have been asking for another cruise, so now we're going to Alaska. Since it's not an official podcast cruise, this is DIS Cruise 2.0.
I kind of figured that's what it was, Mary Jo. Thanks. I had to cancel from last year's Non-podcast cruise due to a wedding. I'm not sure I have enough vacation left to do a cruise this year, but I'm going to check it out. Thanks!

Sayhello

Even since they went to video? I haven't gotten any audio podcast updates since they went to video. Maybe something is wrong with my iTunes. I just assumed (I know, I know) that they stopped doing audio. I'll have to check it out.

Sayhello

I've had no problem getting the audio podcast updates. :surfweb:

Hey Mary Jo! You can add Theresa and I to this cruise!!! It's going to be a long wait!!!

Sayhello

I had to resubscribe to get the itunes. I usually don't watch the videos either, since I'm working when they come out, but I can listen to the itunes.

I had to resubscribe to get the itunes. I usually don't watch the videos either, since I'm working when they come out, but I can listen to the itunes.
My bad! Thanks, Mary Jo! Don't know why I didn't ask... :confused3

Sayhello

Hey Mary Jo! You can add Theresa and I to this cruise!!! It's going to be a long wait!!!

Yay, Divas in the house!! This will be my first cruise ever and definitely first time to Alaska. Victoria is in my backyard though. You have to go to the Empress for afternoon tea. Lovely.

Big hi to everyone and here's to some fun :wave2:

I wonder if they will serve Baked Alaska in the dining room one night :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter