Alaska Cruise for us DISers on RCCL Jewel of the Seas 6/12-19/2015 (Official Thread)

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
This is the official thread for DISers that booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel, and are going to Alaska on the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas on the 12 June 2015 sailing. :)

Link to Dreams Unlimited Travel page to book cruise: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/rccl1.cfm
Choose the actual cabin price to book travel
If you have any questions you can write to Tracey directly at TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com - she is the one coordinating this group.

Cruise Itinerary:
http://www.icruise.com/7-night-alaska-sawyer-glacier-cruise_jewel-of-the-seas_6-12-2015.html

Posted by John Magi

A great big Thank You to Mary Jo for starting this thread. I just haven't had time to get one going for this cruise yet. I want to take a moment to make sure folks understand what we have planned for this cruise.

This is a Dreams Unlimited Travel sponsored group that Tracey Heinrichs (TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) has put together. It came about because on our last Royal Caribbean Group Cruise several people expressed an interest in doing another sailing together. An Alaskan Itinerary was mentioned several times and we felt 2015 would be a good time to do it since Podcast Cruise 5.0 is scheduled for 2014.

We are excited that several people not booked on the first Royal Caribbean Group Cruise we did will be joining us in addition to many that have sailed before.

I want to make sure that everyone understands why we are specifically not calling this a 'Podcast Cruise' or a 'DIS Cruise' at this time. Those names come with certain expectations that we are just not ready to commit to at this time.

Tracey is working on some really cool stuff for this cruise (amenities, activities, etc) that will take a long time to finalize. I want to make sure that everyone understands that you MUST book through Dreams Unlimited Travel to receive any and all perks we are offering as well as participate in any activities we coordinate.

Thank you again to Mary Jo for putting up this thread and for letting me highjack her post :)

Cruisin' to Alaska are:
BillyFan- Tina and Marty / Room 3538
Disney Enabler- Carol and Michael (Merry Mousketeer) / Room 1528
DisneyFanInPA- Jayme and Jim (Wimpy)
DisneyKevin/WebmasterJohn - Kevin and John
Dustin- Dustin
gman60- 2
ImTooExcitedToSleep- Tom, Kristi, West
Justin Jett - Skip, Mom, & Dad
LisaCat - Lisa and Trish
Mary Jo- Mary Jo, Brenda, Renee / Room 9590
mzalicia ...Alicia, Bessie, & Corwin (12)
OKW Lover- Jeff and Val / Room 1550
PreciselyPenny- Penny, Whitney, Susan and John
relspeak- Anne and Alan
skunkvette- Frank and Cathy
WebmasterKathy- Kathy and mom Nancy
WebmasterPete- Pete
YellowMickeyPonchos- Nancy, Ian, Zoe, Lily!
YellowMickeyPonchosplus- Plus my brother and sister-in-law!

UPDATE 03/23/2015 - Posted by John Magi

We are working on some Dreams Unlimited Travel Exclusive Shore Excursions for this trip. Tracey just sent the below email to all cruisers. If you didn't receive the email please contact her at TraceyH@DreamsUnlimtedTravel.com

Once final payments have been processed we will be sending everyone a link to sign-up for cruise credentials and our exclusive shore excursions.

Lots more fun stuff planned. All 'in the works' and we will get it to you all as soon as possible.

Email from Tracey Heinrichs sent to all Dreams Clients on this cruise 03/23/2015:

Good Afternoon Alaska Cruisers!

As you know final payments for this cruise are due at the end of the week, if you need the link for payment or have any questions please let me know.

We have been working hard with the RCL shore excursion team to come up with options that would appeal to all ability levels and also be able to accommodate our guests in wheelchairs and scooters. We are planning group excursions in both Alaska ports, Juneau and Skagway.

In Juneau there are 2 offerings, Whale watching and wild life excursion as well as a Salmon Bake. The timing has been done in a way to allow participation in both excursions for a full day of Alaska fun and adventure! We will have an exclusive boat for whale watching that is just for our group. At the Salmon Bake, we will all be seated together in a separate area. In Skagway we will be riding the White Pass and Yukon Railway to Frasier, British Columbia. From here we will board a motorcoach for our journey back down from the summit. Along the way we will be stopping for a special visit with some little Alaskan residents!! We will have an exclusive train car and motorcoach for this tour.

You can see more details on our 3 group excursions here.... http://dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/DisCruiseAlaska/DisCruiseAlaska_Excursion_Details.cfm

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY, WE ARE NOT READY TO TAKE SIGN UPS JUST YET. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU WHEN SIGNUPS WILL BEGIN.

If you use a wheelchair or ECV and are interested in any of these excursions, please contact me right away and let me know. I am working with the accessible shore excursion department and want to be sure we will have appropriate transportation available.

While we do not have official group excursions planned for Victoria I wanted to make a couple of suggestions. Victoria is a beautiful city but not really a typical port city. It is used by cruise lines for the mandatory other country stop when doing Alaska itineraries. Victoria is home to the world renowned Empress tea, as well as the Butchart Gardens (you may recognize the Gardens from the Canada Pavilion in Epcot). There are also Duck Boat tours here that are always good for a fun time!!

For those with a later flight out of Seattle (3pm or later), you may want to consider the Seattle Essentials with Airport Drop off tour. From RCL...

"See the essential sights of Seattle before you head to the airport on this city tour. Travel through the downtown core and gaze at city landmarks, including sports stadiums, Pioneer Square, and the International District. At the Space Needle, marvel at 360degree, panoramic views of Seattle and Puget Sound from the observation deck. Then, stop at Pike Place Market, the oldest open air farmer’s market on the West Coast, and browse hundreds of shops."

If you decide to book this tour out of Seattle let me know, if we reach minimum numbers I may be able to get RCL to give us an exclusive tour for just our group.

We are all getting very excited for this cruise and look forward to seeing you all onboard. We are working on some fun onboard ideas and will share those as we get closer to sailing! We will be in touch with a link to sign up for credentials and our exclusive shore excursions once all of the final payments have been processed.

Tracey

UPDATE 3/29/2015 - Email mailed to all cruisers on this sailing booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Alaska Cruise Credentials and Shore Excursions

Hello Fellow Cruisers

I am excited to let you all know that now that our DIS Cruise to Alaska has been paid in full we are going to start the sign-up process for Cruise Credentials as well as 3 exclusive Dreams Unlimited Travel Shore excursions.

You can review all the details these shore excursions on this page of our site - http://dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/DisCruiseAlaska/DisCruiseAlaska_Excursion_Details.cfm

What makes these shore excursions exclusive is that we will have private areas and/or transportation just for Dreams Unlimited Travel clients. In the case of Whale Watching we will have our own private boat. For the Salmon Bake we will have our own private area and for the train excursion we will be in a private train car and then our own motor coach.

Please keep in mind that space is limited on all of these excursions and they will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. We cannot guarantee space will be available to anyone so please sign up as early as possible.

We will be opening up sign-ups for Cruise Credentials and Shore Excursions on Wednesday April 1, 2015 (no this is not an April fool’s prank) at 8AM Eastern Time.

The link to sign up for credentials is http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/DisCruiseAlaska/DisCruiseAlaska_start.cfm

I do want you to know that if you’re looking to do boththe Whale Watching and the Salmon Bake these will be on the same day and there will be time to do both. Kevin, Pete, Dustin and I will be on all 3 excursions.

Thanks
John

UPDATE 5/03/2015

Itinerary/Schedule of Events

Day 1 - Friday, June 12, 2015
Embarkation - Seattle, Washington (4:00 PM)
Credential Distribution
Hospitality Desk Deck 10 Mid-Ship
2:30 pm to 3:30 pm

Day 2 - Saturday, June 13, 2015
At Sea
Ice Cream Social
Tides Dining Room Deck 5/Upper Level
2:30 pm to 4:00 pm

Day 3 - Sunday, June 14, 2015
Juneau, Alaska (12:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
Whale Watching and Wildlife Quest (you must be pre-registered for this shore excursion)
1:30 pm (subject to change)
Gold Creek Salmon Bake - (you must be pre-registered for this shore excursion)
5:45 pm (subject to change)

Day 4 - Monday, June 15, 2015
Skagway, Alaska (8:00 AM - 8:30 PM)
Gold Rush, Sled Dogs and White Pass (you must be pre-registered for this shore excursion)
11:40 am (subject to change)

Day 5 - Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska (7:00 AM – Noon)
No DIS/Dreams Unlimited Travel Scheduled activities

Day 6 - Wednesday, June 17, 2015
At Sea
Give Kids the World Fundraiser – Live Auction (Cash or checks accepted)
Vortex Dance Club Deck 13
3:00 pm to 5:00 pm

Day 7 - Thursday
June 18, 2015 Victoria, British Columbia (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
No DIS/Dreams Unlimited Travel Scheduled activities

Day 8 – Friday, June 19, 2015
Debarkation - Seattle, Washington (7:00 AM)

UPDATE 5/03/2015

Cruise Logo

DIS-Cruise-Alaska.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you just started one MJ!

I've been waiting for an official thread! We're very excited about seeing Alaska again!

Jeff, are you and Val coming on this one too?? :)

Looks like it was just born! ;)

John hasn't started an info thread yet, so I'm going to stick this one for the time being.

We are booked, our first time to Alaska.

Frank and Cathy

Well shucks. :mad:
We already booked a PC cruise in Nov. 2015. Have to see if I can convince DH to take an Alaska cruise, too.

Might have to wait 'til I get PCC paid off.

Is there an official thread for DIS Cruise 2.0? Cruisin' to Alaska are: Disney Enabler- Carol and Michael (Merry Mousketeer) DisneyFanInPA- Jayme Mary Jo- Mary Jo, Brenda, Renee OKW Lover- Jeff and Val skunkvette- Frank and Cathy

You can add my husband Jim to the list too with me (Jayme). His board name is Wimpy.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anne & Alan from WI have a stateroom also. Alan has not cruised to Alaska. Carol, so glad you are going. Will be great to see you and Michael.

Anne & Alan from WI have a stateroom also. Alan has not cruised to Alaska. Carol, so glad you are going. Will be great to see you and Michael.

Looking forward to seeing you & Alan again. I would say we have to stop meeting like this but since we meet when we are cruising how could I possibly say we should stop. Alaska is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Can't wait to share it with you and everyone else.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

My Mom and I were talking about going on an Alaska cruise next year. I'm going to have to email to get some quotes on some of the room types. I hope we make it on the ship, so that my Mom can meet my Disney "Mom and Dad".

My Mom and I were talking about going on an Alaska cruise next year. I'm going to have to email to get some quotes on some of the room types. I hope we make it on the ship, so that my Mom can meet my Disney "Mom and Dad".

Hope you can both make it!

Hope you can both make it!

Me, too! It's going to be a fun cruise. This will be a first for two friends of mine, but they will fit in great with our DIS family. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter