AKV - Second Thoughts

I initiated a 25-point add-on at AKV, but I canceled it. As with you, I really didn't need the points. I was mostly buying it just so I'd own a little piece of a place that I love. But I figured I could buy an add-on in a few years when I might be more able to use the extra points.

This is sort of my thought process. I love AKL but do not reaaly see the need to add on there. I am now thinking that if I want to add on points in the future I am better waiting until there is a resort where the 11 month window may be of great value (Disneyland?).

Honestly I can see me adding on 100 points at some time (allow for 1 bedroom vs studio), but I may never have a need for more.

OK.

I am taking bets.... May 16th 9:05 AM is my bet for the first "I am selling VAK because I can't get concerige and that's the ONLY reason I bought" Any takers....

I bought VAK because it's my favorite resort and I MUST have a savannah view so I wanted that 11 month booking window. If someday I get concerige I am sure it will be nice, but it was not a deal breaker. I think Disney is going to regret this move... Whining is going to be rampant!

ITA with OP. Thank you for putting into words what I've been feeling. I had a really bad day at work Monday, even wore two different shoes to an important meeting, and so consoled myself by thinking about adding on at AKV, especially since they're selling my UY at the moment. But we don't need the points either, and, although I love the new larger layout and the second bath in the 1BR, I think I won't need it as a home resort to get those once in a while. As an owner at both BCV and BWV, I have planned way ahead for holidays, but also have got lucky with short-notice to get in there. I also do not have an aversion to being flexible about resort, and waitlists.

And I am absolutely holding out for CRV and (especially) Disneyland! We stayed at GC last summer, and are going to do it again in June.

You should, though, go see the models when you're there. They're so BIG!

We also love AKL, but we figure we can book our Saturday night stay in a Savannah room via CRO and get in our Savannah needs without needing to tie up a lot of capital in AKL points. Yeah, the bedroom is nice with the kids, but we aren't so spoiled that we can't spend a few nights in a hotel room once in a while. If Savannah rooms aren't difficult to book seven months out, we may try and switch. If they are - cash spends.

OK.

I am taking bets.... May 16th 9:05 AM is my bet for the first "I am selling VAK because I can't get concerige and that's the ONLY reason I bought" Any takers....

I bought VAK because it's my favorite resort and I MUST have a savannah view so I wanted that 11 month booking window. If someday I get concerige I am sure it will be nice, but it was not a deal breaker. I think Disney is going to regret this move... Whining is going to be rampant!

I totally agree, I think they are going to get whining from DVC members and nonDVC staying concierge. I think this was one of those, sounds good on paper, but was not thought through completely.

OK.

That would fit my definition of idiot. I can't imagine anyone would buy without knowing these units are going to be next to impossible even at 11 months day by day. I don't doubt it'll happen but if I label them what they are now, I won't be tempted to post when it happens and get reprimanded then.

Just saw this on the R/T board, someone was renting out AKV points and here was a post looking for a ressie.

"Hi- I am looking for 100-106 AKV studio Kilimanjaro Club Concierge level points for travel between 5/4/08-5/10/08. Please let me know if this is possible, we are willing to pay $16 per point. Thanks!!!!!"

Now I'll sit back and popcorn::

Just saw this on the R/T board, someone was renting out AKV points and here was a post looking for a ressie.

"Hi- I am looking for 100-106 AKV studio Kilimanjaro Club Concierge level points for travel between 5/4/08-5/10/08. Please let me know if this is possible, we are willing to pay $16 per point. Thanks!!!!!"

Now I'll sit back and popcorn::

Can I share the popcorn??

I want the popcorn, too!:laughing:

Even tho' I'd love to get Concierge before I'm on the "other side of the grass", we added on at AKV because the whole concept appeals to us! It's probably the one place we'd stay if we were forbidden to go to any theme park! (And yes, even though we own 2 other DVCs.)

Actually, I am waiting for May 17, the day after you can start making ressies, when the R/T board will have several listings from the same person that read, "I have AKV conciege studio available for [Christmas week, Presidents week, Easter week, etc.] for $17 a point. Email me if you are interested."

Slaak and DVC Granny, I'll keep the popcorn coming, those conceirge rooms are going to be a very popular subject once they get them opened(better than SAB pool parties, SSR bashing and train wreck trip reports).

I'm just glad I have no business with MS on May 16!

That would fit my definition of idiot. I can't imagine anyone would buy without knowing these units are going to be next to impossible even at 11 months day by day. I don't doubt it'll happen but if I label them what they are now, I won't be tempted to post when it happens and get reprimanded then.

Dean..... you have been on these boards a long time... YOU KNOW this is going to happen LOL! (Idiots are NOT forbidden from buying DVC)

As I have been telling those members who worry about the SSR "whining" HANG IN THERE, help is coming and it's called VAK. As SOON as it opens it will assume the place of honor as "the worst DVC resort ever" :rotfl2: (I actually figure even the ever desired CRV would get it's 15 minutes of fame as "the worst DVC resort ever" )

When I call on 5/16 I will not be asking for Concerige. As a matter of fact I have no idea why I plan to call that day. Something tells me I can call on 5/17 and get what I want (especially since I don't have a CLUE what I want LOL! I might just go, give me the first two days you got in a Savannah view!:rotfl2: )

Dean..... you have been on these boards a long time... YOU KNOW this is going to happen LOL! (Idiots are NOT forbidden from buying DVC)

As I have been telling those members who worry about the SSR "whining" HANG IN THERE, help is coming and it's called VAK. As SOON as it opens it will assume the place of honor as "the worst DVC resort ever" :rotfl2: (I actually figure even the ever desired CRV would get it's 15 minutes of fame as "the worst DVC resort ever" )

When I call on 5/16 I will not be asking for Concerige. As a matter of fact I have no idea why I plan to call that day. Something tells me I can call on 5/17 and get what I want (especially since I don't have a CLUE what I want LOL! I might just go, give me the first two days you got in a Savannah view!:rotfl2: )
Seriously, it might but I doubt it, at least not in the near future. Maybe in a year or two.

CarolA, you just gave me a clue as to what my mission in life is.............to buy the worst DVC there is.............First, I bought BWV, and dontcha' know those looooong hallways became the prime target for bashing......then, 7 years later, I bought SSR!.............more hallways (bare and sterile) and condo-like:-)sad2: )...........now, I bought AKV and I guess I'm gonna' hear about "stinky animals", maybe more looooong hallways, and who knows what else? So anyone out there...........if you hear that I buy another DVC, beware...........it'll be a bad one!

We bought AKV for 3 main reasons, the themeing of the resort, the longer life of the contract, and dedicated 2 bedrooms with 2 Q's. If we sell a DVC contract in the future, this will be the first to go, and I think it will hold its value longer. However, the existence of concierge was a draw. I am one who is disappointed at the small number of rooms that people here are saying will be available. I'm going to try to stay in a concierge unit sometimes.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. I am also going to try to get a BWV GV and a VB BC for a stay next summer. They are pretty rare commodities as well.

No offense, sajetto, but that hit me as really funny!

Of course, that's coming from someone who can't even get the "quote" tags right, so . . . .

I'm not exactly sure why that's funny, so enlighten me. :confused3

Actually, I am waiting for May 17, the day after you can start making ressies, when the R/T board will have several listings from the same person that read, "I have AKV conciege studio available for [Christmas week, Presidents week, Easter week, etc.] for $17 a point. Email me if you are interested."
Don't wait. Won't happen - at least not until late June for Christmas week, and several months later than that for the other Holidays you listed.

Can't post reservations for rent earlier than 6 months prior. R/T Board rule. :teeth:

Don't wait. Won't happen - at least not until late June for Christmas week, and several months later than that for the other Holidays you listed.

Can't post reservations for rent earlier than 6 months prior. R/T Board rule. :teeth:

Combined with the fact that concierge rooms don't open until May of '08.

:)

No second thoughts. We never have been interested in AKV. If I was having second thoughts, I wouldn't buy there. There's too many other great DVC resorts to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter