AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct that you will only get replenishment on day 4 when renting points. However the DVC villas have a regular coffee pot, not the pod machines. I can't remember if they're 4 or 8-cup machines, but they use filters & regular ground coffee, so you can bring your own. You can request more in between, and technically there is a change for it, but last time I asked (and expected to pay) they dropped some off for free. It never showed up on my bill.

I can't seem to find it right now but somewhere there is a list of DVC Mousekeeping items that you can pay for in between days 1 & 4. There is a coffee pack that I think was around $5. If someone has a link to this can they please post?

Ok now that I'm thinking about it, it may not use filters & ground coffee, they may still use pods, but larger ones. I was in a 1 BR in December & a studio 3 weeks ago & for the life of me can't remember!!! Can someone clarify this please?

Oooh, well I will keep my fingers crossed that its still ground coffee and we can just bring down our own. If not paying $5 wouldn't be so bad. Thanks so much for the help!

We are planning to be at the first weekend of SWW and are staying at AKL. For the Saturday morning we want to be at the gates by 7am. So we are thinking a taxi may be the best bet - should we call for one the night before or are their taxis there that early?

Thanks so much! We are just trying to avoid the stress of waiting for a bus that we probably would've just missed (knowing our luck!).

Ok now that I'm thinking about it, it may not use filters & ground coffee, they may still use pods, but larger ones. I was in a 1 BR in December & a studio 3 weeks ago & for the life of me can't remember!!! Can someone clarify this please?

You're right on both counts. :) the DVC rooms all have regular 12-cup basket filter drip coffee machines. But, they give you two coffee packs that are premade enclosed filters that you put right in the pot. So you can use theirs and/or bring your own coffee and filters. :surfweb:

We are planning to be at the first weekend of SWW and are staying at AKL. For the Saturday morning we want to be at the gates by 7am. So we are thinking a taxi may be the best bet - should we call for one the night before or are their taxis there that early?

Thanks so much! We are just trying to avoid the stress of waiting for a bus that we probably would've just missed (knowing our luck!).

About how much time would you save by calling a cab instead of taking a bus? This may be a good idea for us.

In the villas, there is a basket with 2 or 3 coffee pods - a mix of decaf and regular. These are about 4-5 inches across and go into the coffee maker basket (where a coffee filter and ground coffee would go). Maxwell House sells coffee pods like this - I just googled it and they're called filter packs - so we usually buy a container at Publix when we do our shopping en route to the villa. Walmart carries them too.

I hope this helps!

You're right on both counts. :) the DVC rooms all have regular 12-cup basket filter drip coffee machines. But, they give you two coffee packs that are premade enclosed filters that you put right in the pot. So you can use theirs and/or bring your own coffee and filters. :surfweb:

Excellent! Thank you so much! I will keep the coffee on the pack list now! Woot! (Is it weird that I'm excited about this?! lol)

Ownthemagic.com sells any items leftover from a refurb, and at one time they did have bedspreads & curtains from AKL for sale!

Tara, I just bought a brand spanking new comforter from them from AKV last week! I don't see it on their site, but email them, maybe they have a few left over:)

Tara, I just bought a brand spanking new comforter from them from AKV last week! I don't see it on their site, but email them, maybe they have a few left over:)

Lucky you!!

I'm kicking myself because they had the old TV cabinet panels for sale as "art work" and they were significantly reduced, but I took to long to make up my mind, and they were gone.

i have had stuff shipped to jambo house before and i would assume it would be the same for kidani. The address for kidani is:

Disney's animal kingdom villas - kidani village
3701 osceola pkwy
lake buena vista, fl 32830

i have always made sure that my check in and check out dates are on the package and arranged for it to arrive a day or two before i got there.

Corinna

thank you!!!

....just curious - why do you want to be at the gate by 7AM? :confused3

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2014

If you have any updates please let me know...

April
AlohaAnnie, Mar 28th – 5th, Jambo
Tiggrbaby, 13th – 17th, AKL Kidani
Psac, Kidani

May
Caseytigger, 1st – 5th, AKL
The Yeti Guy, 2nd – 5th, AKL
Shaden, 2nd – 6th, AKL Jambo House
dolphigirl47, 2nd – 17th, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Cruise
suemom2kay, 3rd – 12th, AKL
Hill6, 5th – 8th, AKL Kidani
CupcakeKelly, 5th – 8th, AKL
RebelSoul, 5th – 11th, AKV Jambo
Cruzergirl, 5th – 14th, AKL
Jenbrewer, 6th – 8th, AKL CL
Hill6, 8th – 10th, AKL Kidani
DevonsDisneyMom, 9th – 17th, AKV Jambo
Zeldot, 10th – 14th, AKL CL
jmetz1028, 13th – 18th, AKL
amazingact21, 14th – 15th, AKL
Wolfie68, 14th – 18th, AKL
CinderElsa, 15th – 18th, AKL
Lelei, 16th – 26th, AKL
AddictedtoDoleWhip, 17th – 24th, AKL
Jeffbear, 17th – 24th, AKL
hemmie, 20th -26th, AKL
chocovrdmicears, 20th – 28th, AKL
Momto8, 23rd – 30th, Jambo House
Vital, 23rd – 31st, Jambo House
RachelTori, 24th – 31st , AKV-CL
Paula Sedley-Burke, 26th – 28th, ASMu
Paula Sedley-Burke, 28th – Jun 4th, SSR
franandaj, 28th - Jun 4th, VGF

June
Paula Sedley-Burke, May 28th – 4th, SSR
franandaj, May 28th - 4th, VGF
goofy4prez, 2nd – 9th, AKL-CL
NMDisneyMom, 3rd – 10th, AKV Jambo
Grandma Rainbow, 18th – 21st, AKL
1971DBday, 19th – 28th, AKV
Manicstreet, 24th – Jul 2nd, AKL

July
Manicstreet, Jun 24th – 2nd, AKL
Ah10is, 1st – 8th, AKL
Kanga1, 13th – 25th, AKL
Think-like-tink, 15th – 26th, AKV CL
MickeyT, 25th – Aug 1st, Jambo CL
YCFAN, 26th – 28th, Royal Assante Suite & Royal Kuba Suite
anjalee6, 28th – Aug 6th, AKL
jvattes, 29th – Aug 5th, AKL

August
anjalee6, Jul 28th – 6th, AKL
jvattes, Jul 29th – 5th, AKL
MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 4th, AULANI RESORT , Oahu.
bobbie68, 7th – 10th, AKL
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 11th -18th, WL
katema52, 16th – 22nd, Kidani
eangel12, 20th – 21st, AKL CL
MaggieMouse, 20th – 27th, AKL
15isto2, 30th-Sept 27th, Kidani

September
15isto2, Aug 30th-27th, Kidani
pamelasu1 – 8th -12th, AKV Jambo studio
ShelliRenee, 14th – 19th, AKL
Sturowski, 16th – 22nd, AKL
Paula Sedley-Burke, 18th - 25th, AKV
LJD2143, 20th – 27th, AKL
Jackiemarie21, 19th – 24th, AKL
Jennasis, 22nd – 28th, Kidani
PNO4TE, 25th-29th, BWV
RachelTori, 25th-29th, BWV
Paula Sedley-Burke, 25th – 28th, The Dream
aaarcher86, 26th – Oct 6th, Kidani
Paula Sedley-Burke, 28th – Oct 1st, BCV

October
aaarcher86, Sep 26th – 6th, Kidani
Paula Sedley-Burke, Sep 28th - 1st, BCV
Paula Sedley-Burke, 1st – 2nd, VGF
Rarity, 25th – Nov 1st, Jambo House
Tarcc, 25th - Nov 8th, AKL
Weswife, 26th – 31st, AKL
kimmar067, 29th – Nov 2nd , AKL
PNO4TE, 31st – Nov 2nd, Kidani
DizDaD7, 31st – Nov 9th, SSR

November
Tarcc, Oct 25th - 8th, AKL
kimmar067, Oct 29th – 2nd, AKL
PNO4TE, Oct 31st – 2nd, Kidani
DizDaD7, Oct 31st – 9th, SSR
PNO4TE, 2nd – 8th, BWV
YoYoAurora, 1st – 8th, AKL CL
Grandma Rainbow, 5th – 9th, AKL
Xclusive2WDW, 11th -16th, AKL
saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL

December
saysib, Nov 28th-12th, AKL
nadira36, Nov 30th – 12th, AKL, DD will turn 8….
Cincystamper, 3rd – 14th, AKL
Emilyclaire, 4th – 10th, AKL
jcjen519, 14th – 23rd, AKV CL

January

February

March

April
Franandaj, 13th – 20th, VWL
Franandaj, 20th – 24th, Dream

May

We are actually 2nd - 16th :) but that's still cool. SO many people going to be there in May ... we should put on a Button or something so if we see each other we can say hi !!!

Excellent! Thank you so much! I will keep the coffee on the pack list now! Woot! (Is it weird that I'm excited about this?! lol)

Not weird at all! We usually buy a new flavored coffee to try on our trips. :thumbsup2 Don't forget you have to bring your own filters, too!!

We are actually 2nd - 16th :) but that's still cool. SO many people going to be there in May ... we should put on a Button or something so if we see each other we can say hi !!!

May
Caseytigger, 1st – 5th, AKL
The Yeti Guy, 2nd – 5th, AKL
Shaden, 2nd – 16th, AKL Jambo House
dolphigirl47, 2nd – 17th, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Cruise
suemom2kay, 3rd – 12th, AKL
Hill6, 5th – 8th, AKL Kidani
CupcakeKelly, 5th – 8th, AKL
RebelSoul, 5th – 11th, AKV Jambo
Cruzergirl, 5th – 14th, AKL
Jenbrewer, 6th – 8th, AKL CL
Hill6, 8th – 10th, AKL Kidani
DevonsDisneyMom, 9th – 17th, AKV Jambo
Zeldot, 10th – 14th, AKL CL
jmetz1028, 13th – 18th, AKL
amazingact21, 14th – 15th, AKL
Wolfie68, 14th – 18th, AKL
CinderElsa, 15th – 18th, AKL
Lelei, 16th – 26th, AKL
AddictedtoDoleWhip, 17th – 24th, AKL
Jeffbear, 17th – 24th, AKL
hemmie, 20th -26th, AKL
chocovrdmicears, 20th – 28th, AKL
Momto8, 23rd – 30th, Jambo House
Vital, 23rd – 31st, Jambo House
RachelTori, 24th – 31st , AKV-CL
Paula Sedley-Burke, 26th – 28th, ASMu
Paula Sedley-Burke, 28th – Jun 4th, SSR
franandaj, 28th - Jun 4th, VGF

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter